• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG Calendar, impossible to disable/remove

Search This thread

krige

Jan 23, 2011
I am using Google Calendar and don't want to use the pre-installed LG Calendar app.

It's not possible to uninstall it nor disable it from Android settings.

I tried to stop the app and remove all its permissions but somehow they get automatically restored, making me receive double notifications for the same event, one from the Google app and one from the LG app.

The only way I could think of to avoid this issue is to disable all my calendars in the "Calendars to display" settings of the LG app.

The app is still running (and consuming CPU and battery) but at least I don't get the double notifications anymore.

Does anyone have a better idea on how to completely remove/disable the LG Calendar app?

Lancerz

Dec 22, 2008
Riverdale, Ga
I am using Google Calendar and don't want to use the pre-installed LG Calendar app.

It's not possible to uninstall it nor disable it from Android settings.

I tried to stop the app and remove all its permissions but somehow they get automatically restored, making me receive double notifications for the same event, one from the Google app and one from the LG app.

The only way I could think of to avoid this issue is to disable all my calendars in the "Calendars to display" settings of the LG app.

The app is still running (and consuming CPU and battery) but at least I don't get the double notifications anymore.

Does anyone have a better idea on how to completely remove/disable the LG Calendar app?
I'm not sure what version of the G7 you have but the T-Mobile US version uses the Google Calendar as the default.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Mes3

Jan 17, 2011
I'm not sure what version of the G7 you have but the T-Mobile US version uses the Google Calendar as the default.

Verizon variant uses the LG calander. Can't say I'd rather use Google's calander (but then again, I don't use it much either).

Edit: You can't disable it, FYI.

Lancerz

Dec 22, 2008
Riverdale, Ga
I found an app of the LG calendar to try it out, and I like it better than the Google calendar lol. Good thing we can disable it too.