• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LG Flash Tool 2014 - The best way to Flash LG KDZ Rom

Search This thread
Apr 19, 2014
jeddah
I posted this in the LG F60 thread and figured this would be the better place for it. I cannot get those last two drivers to install and my phone has zero information on it since my dumbass wiped it all before backing it up. Anyone have a clue? All I get to is the LG boot screen. I can also boot to TWRP recovery. No SD card though.

I am stuck in fastboot screen and no recovery. did you find any solution for that?

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I had the %2 error issue after flashing Cloudyg2 3.1. When I tried to go back to stock flash tool stopped at %2 and no flashing was possible. Thanks God I had TWRP. My solution was to flash the flashable zip stock rom I downloaded from the below link. After installation I was able to use KDZ method again with no error.

Link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/development-d802/rom-stock-30d-flashable-zip-t3070383

After installing cloudy g2 3.2 i am stuck in fastboot and can't flash kdz and :rolleyes: searching for the solution :rolleyes:

hack_er4

Jul 8, 2011
New Delhi
Hi OP,
I have flashed Latest Firmware : V30C on my LG 802tr 32gb.
What I did is:
Installed drivers first but .
LGE MTP android device got failed.
(tried everything but cant able to fix this)
But I move on to flash the firmware using LG flash tool
Did all thing step by step.
Process smoothly gone though 100%
but my phone reboots and STUCK at LG logo.
and red and blue notification light keeps on breathing

Please let me know how to get rid of this.

Thanks,

touji

Jul 9, 2007
papua
i only see normal flash button, if i don't see the CSE flash button, how to make it appear? i'm using windows xp sp3, with normal flashing it stucks at 50% so i need to try the CSE flash method, kindly advise :)

quangnhut123

Nov 29, 2009
Hi OP,
I have flashed Latest Firmware : V30C on my LG 802tr 32gb.
What I did is:
Installed drivers first but .
LGE MTP android device got failed.
(tried everything but cant able to fix this)
But I move on to flash the firmware using LG flash tool
Did all thing step by step.
Process smoothly gone though 100%
but my phone reboots and STUCK at LG logo.
and red and blue notification light keeps on breathing

Please let me know how to get rid of this.

Thanks,
Do you flash as CSE or Normal ?

Triehatmojo

Jan 30, 2014
I had the %2 error issue after flashing Cloudyg2 3.1. When I tried to go back to stock flash tool stopped at %2 and no flashing was possible. Thanks God I had TWRP. My solution was to flash the flashable zip stock rom I downloaded from the below link. After installation I was able to use KDZ method again with no error.

Link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/development-d802/rom-stock-30d-flashable-zip-t3070383

Hi turquoise.ht,
I have same problem here. My lg g2 d802 currently running on cloudyg2 3.1. When I tried to go back using flash tool it also stopped at 2% and the log "ERROR REASON: LAF_ERROR_INVALID_INPUT_FILE". I tried with two different computer, the result is same.

Is it going to work if I flash 30d flashable zip? I have TWRP installed on my d802.
Sorry bad english :)

minotavros

Jan 3, 2014
Hi turquoise.ht,
I have same problem here. My lg g2 d802 currently running on cloudyg2 3.1. When I tried to go back using flash tool it also stopped at 2% and the log "ERROR REASON: LAF_ERROR_INVALID_INPUT_FILE". I tried with two different computer, the result is same.

Is it going to work if I flash 30d flashable zip? I have TWRP installed on my d802.
Sorry bad english :)
Try to flash a jelly bean version and then flash newest version

Feyerabend

Aug 23, 2012
Uhh well, I bricked my phone trying to install some mod and well, I used the LG Mobile Support Tool once and I restored my phone but now I can't.

I can go to download mode as well as TWRP, but the LG Mobile Support stuck at 2% and the phone doesn't show COM and a number, it's just there at download mode. If I install CloudyG ROM the LG logo appears but just 1 second, then a black screen and I can't do more than turn off the phone and try to enter again to TWRP or Download mode. Can, please, anyone give me a solution? Thank you.

axlrvx

Jul 30, 2013
Asunción
Uhh well, I bricked my phone trying to install some mod and well, I used the LG Mobile Support Tool once and I restored my phone but now I can't.

I can go to download mode as well as TWRP, but the LG Mobile Support stuck at 2% and the phone doesn't show COM and a number, it's just there at download mode. If I install CloudyG ROM the LG logo appears but just 1 second, then a black screen and I can't do more than turn off the phone and try to enter again to TWRP or Download mode. Can, please, anyone give me a solution? Thank you.
If your G2 is d802 ONLY and ONLY d802

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3031112

Or

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2706590

Again, this is for D802, I don't know if it works with other variants. (I don't know which variant of G2 you are using)

The solution in the second url works with my LG G2 D802 - 16Gb.

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

Feyerabend

Aug 23, 2012
Again, this is for D802, I don't know if it works with other variants. (I don't know which variant of G2 you are using)

Oh god, it worked. I tried everything and I couldn't fix it, but this worked like a charm at first time! Now I've got a phone and not a pretty paperweight. Thank you very much for the help! :highfive:

jtetch

Oct 28, 2008
Hey, hoping someone can help. I have an LG L90(D415) and its stuck on the LG screen. I can boot into download mode(firmware update) and I have the latest drivers and kdz file. But whenever I use LG Flash Tool is gets stuck on 2% then says “upgrade stopped due to an error”. I went to device manager and the “LGE Android MTP Device” has a yellow exclamation point next to it, not sure if that’s the issue or not. I’ve tried this on Windows 7 and 8.1 computers, same results. Please help

xmayhemreturnsx

Dec 25, 2014
=
Hey, hoping someone can help. I have an LG L90(D415) and its stuck on the LG screen. I can boot into download mode(firmware update) and I have the latest drivers and kdz file. But whenever I use LG Flash Tool is gets stuck on 2% then says “upgrade stopped due to an error”. I went to device manager and the “LGE Android MTP Device” has a yellow exclamation point next to it, not sure if that’s the issue or not. I’ve tried this on Windows 7 and 8.1 computers, same results. Please help
Uninstall the device from your computer and uninstall the lg drivers. And then reinstall the lg drivers and then plug you phone and try again. Seems like a driver problem.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

jtetch

Oct 28, 2008
Have you ever attempted to edit the build.prop file? Also, did you know if your device has a tot file available?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Yes, I did attempt to and yes there is a tot file for my device. Although I'm not sure what a tot file is/does. Did I perm brick my phone by editing that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can donate me a beer via paypal : [email protected]

lg_flash_tool_2014_03_07_2014.png

1. Version:
    + Build 25/06/2014 : Initial Version
    + Build 27/06/2014 : Fix not working with windows XP
    + Build 03/07/2014 : Fix not working with some machine run windows 8/8.1 64bit

2. What's news:
    + This is a modified version of UpTestEX v1.2.3.1 and working with all LG Smartphone Models
    + Re-design GUI simpler.
    + Working without LG Mobile Support Tool installed !
    + Working with lastest version of LG Mobile Support Tool.
    + Dont need to use hosts file or run http server to bypass anymore !
    + Default language is set to English. Don't need to choose language any more !

3. Tutorial:
    + Download and setup LG Driver : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347802528
    + Download LG Flash Tool 2014 tool and extract :
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/fwrcd3pdj0svjtb/LG_Flash_Tool_2014.zip
    + Enter to Download Mode and plug USB into your PC
    + WARNING : Remember copy KDZ file into LG Flash Tool 2014 folder
    + Run LGFlashTool2014.exe and do as following pictures :
    + If you cannot run LGFlashTool2014.exe, please install Visual C++ Runtime Library : https://googledrive.com/host/0B9l4QOCXUmxXV19jN1ZrTnBwdTQ/VC_RedistInstaller.exe[/SIZE]
    Normal Flash: Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differ from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.
    CSE Flash: Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It's suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.

lgflashtool_step1.png

lgflashtool_step2.png

No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting.
    lgflashtool_step3.png
    + Wait until 100% to complete !
    Can you translate immage of tools ?

Normal Flash: Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differ from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.
    CSE Flash: Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It's suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.

Last step: No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting.

Sorry for my poor translation but I swear this post contain the same information with above image. :victory::victory: kaka
    I uploaded the latest LG drivers for folks having trouble. These are working fine for me on windows 10 pro x64.

LG Drivers v3.14.1
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347802528
    Thanks for your update. I edited my main post and will be update to new version 2016 soon :)
    for gods sake don't quote the whole OP
    Can you translate immage of tools ?

Okay i'll do later but you just focus on red and blue circle