• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LG Flash Tool 2014 - The best way to Flash LG KDZ Rom

Search This thread

dabo2100

Dec 22, 2013
Cluj-Napoca
I just got back to KK stock rom few minutes ago, from CM12.1 ;). [1] Installed USB Driver from the official LG site, [2] enter into Download mode and.. the first attempt, after click on Start and OK in the language window with FLash Tools, it doesn't recognize my phone. But I saw that in the end, after all the steps, it open LGMobile Support Tool program, so.. I [3] closed Flash Tools and opened LGMobile Support Tool, without disconnect the phone... I wen to "Install USB Driver" and wait until the program recognized my phone.. If there is some drivers to install the program will do for sure, in my case, wasn't necessary. After that, went [4] back to Flash Tools, started all over again.. and Voila!! :D:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Uzair40 and kingtm

cybernetus

I just got back to KK stock rom few minutes ago, from CM12.1 ;). [1] Installed USB Driver from the official LG site, [2] enter into Download mode and.. the first attempt, after click on Start and OK in the language window with FLash Tools, it doesn't recognize my phone. But I saw that in the end, after all the steps, it open LGMobile Support Tool program, so.. I [3] closed Flash Tools and opened LGMobile Support Tool, without disconnect the phone... I wen to "Install USB Driver" and wait until the program recognized my phone.. If there is some drivers to install the program will do for sure, in my case, wasn't necessary. After that, went [4] back to Flash Tools, started all over again.. and Voila!! :D:D

Strange thing, on windows 7 i installed the program without any problems but on windows 10 the phone isn't recognized by the flash tools :/

Anyone have success on Windows 8.1 ? I'll try tomorrow on a machine with this version of windows.

dabo2100

Dec 22, 2013
Cluj-Napoca
Strange thing, on windows 7 i installed the program without any problems but on windows 10 the phone isn't recognized by the flash tools :/

Anyone have success on Windows 8.1 ? I'll try tomorrow on a machine with this version of windows.

Yep.. like @GameTheory. said before.. Download LG USB Driver from their site.. Even if Flash Tools does not recognize your phone at first attempt, then open LGMobile Support Tool, and click on "Install USB Driver", it will recognize your phone. After that, go ahead with Flash Tools again ;)

Reactions: Uzair40

stoiangmarius

Sep 16, 2008
Bucuresti
Win 10 - d858hk - upgrade to 5.0.1 successfully

Hy, the application LG Flash Tool 2014 worked well, did all the steps to upgrade my LG G3, only after I passed out the second screen I encountered a small problem, the words did not appear on the application, only "????" . I think is do to the language that wasn't supported by my win 10. I wait for it to finish, and then force-close the app. Thank you!

Reactions: Uzair40

afrizal87

Nov 21, 2012

anonimo66

Dec 25, 2011
i did a upgrade my d805 from 10a to 20a with LGFlashTool2014 as usual, then a custom rom (cloudy 3.3) phone wont boot so i tried flash back a stock rom with LGFlashTool2014 on 2% get error. i previously flash kk modem and jb dorimax bootloader. Any help.

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE CONNECTION ERROR

I had the same problem and I was at my wits end what exactly to do. I even unrooted my device. Flashed an older firmware and then flashed the same firmware. All worked fine.

Actually I found out that I could flash 24A while couldnot flash 39A for my device.

Then I checked the MD5 checksum and it DIDNOT match for 39A and that's why it was not being flashed.

So next time check it and try again.

Here is the link for free md5 checker
http://winmd5.com/

Also, make sure you have all the drivers and you put your phone into download mode (power off completely. Then while holding volume + button, plug in via usb).

Download KDZ file via simple FIREFOX if it is a direct KDZ file. Else you may use softwares like IDM etc for ZIP / 7z formats. What I found interesting was that every time i did with IDM, it would give me error when it was downloaded around 70-90% and the reason for error was that data doesnot match the previous data received.

Sometimes you can not flash fromm one firmware to another directly. Like you can not jump from 24A to directly 39A. You will need 27A boot for that. Just if makes sense to you

Good Luck

Last edited:

nimms

Oct 17, 2007
Hyderabad/TS
FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE CONNECTION ERROR

I had the same problem and I was at my wits end what exactly to do. I even unrooted my device. Flashed an older firmware and then flashed the same firmware. All worked fine.

Actually I found out that I could flash 24A while couldnot flash 39A for my device.

Then I checked the MD5 checksum and it DIDNOT match for 39A and that's why it was not being flashed.

So next time check it and try again.

Here is the link for free md5 checker
http://winmd5.com/

Also, make sure you have all the drivers and you put your phone into download mode (power off completely. Then while holding volume + button, plug in via usb).

Download KDZ file via simple FIREFOX if it is a direct KDZ file. Else you may use softwares like IDM etc for ZIP / 7z formats. What I found interesting was that every time i did with IDM, it would give me error when it was downloaded around 70-90% and the reason for error was that data doesnot match the previous data received.

Sometimes you can not flash fromm one firmware to another directly. Like you can not jump from 24A to directly 39A. You will need 27A boot for that. Just if makes sense to you

Good Luck

I had a p769, with same "no connection to server" with LG flash tool 2014.
I left that window open and started searching online. After abt 10 mins, i heard some tmobile jingle. The phone restarted!!!
Those who get that error, try leaving like that for 10min or so. :laugh::good:

tmzbeme

May 20, 2010
My phone got stuck in download mode after the update failed and froze at 12% with this app with a little "rooted" warning in red in the box

...used the latest LG support Tool which downloaded the latest firmware and updated the phone with a full wipe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can donate me a beer via paypal : [email protected]

lg_flash_tool_2014_03_07_2014.png

1. Version:
    + Build 25/06/2014 : Initial Version
    + Build 27/06/2014 : Fix not working with windows XP
    + Build 03/07/2014 : Fix not working with some machine run windows 8/8.1 64bit

2. What's news:
    + This is a modified version of UpTestEX v1.2.3.1 and working with all LG Smartphone Models
    + Re-design GUI simpler.
    + Working without LG Mobile Support Tool installed !
    + Working with lastest version of LG Mobile Support Tool.
    + Dont need to use hosts file or run http server to bypass anymore !
    + Default language is set to English. Don't need to choose language any more !

3. Tutorial:
    + Download and setup LG Driver : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347802528
    + Download LG Flash Tool 2014 tool and extract :
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/fwrcd3pdj0svjtb/LG_Flash_Tool_2014.zip
    + Enter to Download Mode and plug USB into your PC
    + WARNING : Remember copy KDZ file into LG Flash Tool 2014 folder
    + Run LGFlashTool2014.exe and do as following pictures :
    + If you cannot run LGFlashTool2014.exe, please install Visual C++ Runtime Library : https://googledrive.com/host/0B9l4QOCXUmxXV19jN1ZrTnBwdTQ/VC_RedistInstaller.exe[/SIZE]
    Normal Flash: Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differ from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.
    CSE Flash: Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It's suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.

lgflashtool_step1.png

lgflashtool_step2.png

No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting.
    lgflashtool_step3.png
    + Wait until 100% to complete !
    Can you translate immage of tools ?

Normal Flash: Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differ from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.
    CSE Flash: Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It's suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.

Last step: No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting.

Sorry for my poor translation but I swear this post contain the same information with above image. :victory::victory: kaka
    I uploaded the latest LG drivers for folks having trouble. These are working fine for me on windows 10 pro x64.

LG Drivers v3.14.1
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347802528
    Thanks for your update. I edited my main post and will be update to new version 2016 soon :)
    for gods sake don't quote the whole OP
    Can you translate immage of tools ?

Okay i'll do later but you just focus on red and blue circle