• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LG G Pad X 10.1 FRP (Factory Reset Protection)

Search This thread

CannGramps

May 10, 2019
I just got one of these from a friend of mine who did a factory reset on it before he gave it to me, and now it asks me to login to a previously used account. Unfortunately, he's terrible at remembering his login information, and he doesn't remember his password for the account he had on this anymore. He doesn't need it because he bought an IPad and doesn't use his google account anymore. So now it's stuck on the login screen. I've looked around and I couldn't find a way to bypass the FRP that I felt I could trust, or that seemed to apply to my device. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could do this?

Last edited:

CannGramps

May 10, 2019
Well, I didn't figure out how to get rid of the reset protection. But, I did get into the settings and was able to set up and use a guest account.

First get a SD card with an apk on it. I downloaded one from apkpure. Then when the device asks you to connect to a wireless network, check the Show advanced options box. Then in the Proxy settings drop down box, select Manual. And click on the Proxy hostname box to bring up the keyboard, and press the settings button on the keyboard that looks like a gear. From the keyboard settings menu you can click the mulit-window button on the bottom taskbar and can open two windows. Open the file manager in one of the windows. In the file manager click on your SD card and try to install the apk you put on it. When it prompts you that you need to allow Unknown sources in the settings, click on the settings button to open the settings window. (Do not check the allow Unknown sources box, if you check it, and the device resets or runs out of battery you'll have to go through this again, but when you click on the apk it won't prompt you to go to settings to allow unknown sources because they're already allowed.) Now just click on Users and switch to guest. There are some limitations to this mode, like not being able modify the wifi network (you'll have to switch back to the Owner account to change this).

I don't know if there's any way from the guest account to reset the account lock, but at least it's something.

Reactions: Phanman0506

Phanman0506

Jul 11, 2021
I tried this and got as far as to the part where you said to "click the mulit-window button on the bottom taskbar."
That multi-window button is greyed out for me so I cannot click on it. LG must of patched it up or I am doing something incorrect.

Any other advise will be greatly appreciated!

CannGramps

May 10, 2019
It's possible it was patched out. They've been fixing little exploits with patches. This is the only way I was able to get any access to the device. All I can really recommend is to try everything. Check every menu, every option, and see if there is opening you can find to get access to the device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I didn't figure out how to get rid of the reset protection. But, I did get into the settings and was able to set up and use a guest account.

First get a SD card with an apk on it. I downloaded one from apkpure. Then when the device asks you to connect to a wireless network, check the Show advanced options box. Then in the Proxy settings drop down box, select Manual. And click on the Proxy hostname box to bring up the keyboard, and press the settings button on the keyboard that looks like a gear. From the keyboard settings menu you can click the mulit-window button on the bottom taskbar and can open two windows. Open the file manager in one of the windows. In the file manager click on your SD card and try to install the apk you put on it. When it prompts you that you need to allow Unknown sources in the settings, click on the settings button to open the settings window. (Do not check the allow Unknown sources box, if you check it, and the device resets or runs out of battery you'll have to go through this again, but when you click on the apk it won't prompt you to go to settings to allow unknown sources because they're already allowed.) Now just click on Users and switch to guest. There are some limitations to this mode, like not being able modify the wifi network (you'll have to switch back to the Owner account to change this).

I don't know if there's any way from the guest account to reset the account lock, but at least it's something.