LG G Pad X 10.1 v930 update issue

Search This thread

bosstyranitar

Aug 6, 2014
After bricking my first tablet, I learned that the boot loader is locked and that the factory Rom is not available for this device (and a lot of AT&T devices). It was replaced luckily but now I face a different set of issues. The update to Marshmallow is available but I cannot update it no matter what I do. Obviously I am worried about tinkering too much because of the possibility of bricking it again. Yes it is rooted, and that's why it refuses to update.

Would it be wise to try to mask the root with an xposed module, since I can't seem to fully remove the root itself?

Darksynz

May 6, 2013
good luck getting any answers on this device. If been asking about downgrading from 6.0 so I can get root. No helpful information for the ATT variant.

nlsolja123

Feb 14, 2010
Atlanta
I can't find any updated when I try for this device. How did you go about getting a replacement ?

I would be fine with a rom image to install and a root. But I want my 6.0 that I am deserving

Jspex

Mar 2, 2012
You can't retain root if you're going from Android 5x to android 6x because of the changes to ART. Maybe one day some crafty dev will figure out how to root an AT&T 6x device with a locked bootloader but unfortunately that day isn't today.

If you are looking to root and customize your device then stay off of att.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using XDA-Developers mobile app

prabhatkk

Jan 14, 2007
I have an LG Gpad X 10.1 v930 (AT&T) which I am unable to update to Marshmallow via OTA Update. I haven't rooted my device, yet I am not able to receive the update via OTA. Is there any other way I can update to Marshmallow? I tried to use LG Bridge but it keep giving me message "Cannot check software version".

darkmasterxx

Sep 1, 2010
I just recently got the v930 from AT&T, and I've tried Kingroot, but it did not work. It came with MM already installed, and I can't find very much information on this tablet. So If you want root, then it's probably best not to upgrade.

Uhav2bkidding

Dec 29, 2016
I have an LG Gpad X 10.1 v930 (AT&T) which I am unable to update to Marshmallow via OTA Update. I haven't rooted my device, yet I am not able to receive the update via OTA. Is there any other way I can update to Marshmallow? I tried to use LG Bridge but it keep giving me message "Cannot check software version".

I have the same problem. Any solution?

Uhav2bkidding

Dec 29, 2016

Put in an ATT sim card so you can connect to their server for the update.