LG G Pad X2 8.0 Plus T-Mo LG-V530

Search This thread

Vincent_vann

Mar 29, 2018
I followed your comment and was able to root. May I use your process to make a tutorial? I will give you credit

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Thanks to Vincent_vann I have root. With this I can finally start building a custom TWRP for this tablet. I wish we had a forum for this device. I requested one last year but it still hasn't been made even though it was approved. If I get one built, and there isn't a dedicated forum, I'll post it in this thread.

Yes thats perfectly fine

Reactions: foggytown

mingkee

I have rooted mine..if I had the stock system.img could you used that? This is what I did to obtain root..

Download the Lg download utility mode tool https://github.com/Lekensteyn/lglaf
and the sources https://pycryptodome.readthedocs.io/en/latest/src/installation.html
Then open cmd in the folder and execute: python lglaf.py --debug --rawshell --cr -c '!S sh' <--- there might be an error message or laf_acess_denied but its okay.
re-enter the command: python lglaf.py --debug --rawshell <--- this should open up an interactive shell..enter ls and see if it lists the files on the device then close the interactive shell
run python extract-partitions.py to get the stock boot.bin but change the file extension to .img
push the boot.img to the device, install magisk manager, patch the boot.img, pull img then flash with fastboot
It appears the fastboot commands are intact.
Good!
May you post original and patched boot images?

falle.son85

Jul 23, 2013
It didn't really work out for me. Just had to push the original boot image and go back to normal. Not enough development on this thing to warrant root.

Last edited:

QkTreasures

Dec 19, 2009
Villa Park IL
www.linkedin.com
So I've had this tablet since March but really haven't used it much. My question is once I root it using your written guide do you recommend a app to use for getting Free Hotspot Tether on it? I am a 11 year tenure TMO Customer & have a legacy grandfathered rate/data plan.

Even tho my data plan says I have unlimited hotspot tether it is blocked by TMO. I have reached out to T-Mobile on Twitter & even the executive resolutions team of the president office but they just said that at one point it was allowed but that TMO took it away for whatever reason.

So rather than fighting tthem further or getting the FCC or FTC involved for false advertising I figured I'll just use an app once rooted to bypass root. Just wondering if anyone knows what is the best app to use to achieve this once rooted. Thank you very much & have a wonderful day!! ?:highfive:

All the best,
Ron.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

so i have rooted mine but im very outdated with root and stuff so im curious on which twrp and su to use now thats its rooted because im trying to install a mod onto the tablet to increse its performance https://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/mod-projct-mod-boost-nitro-x-edition-t2809443 acan anyone give me a hand with this thanks in advanced

So did you ever figure your issue out? I have the same tablet & I'll be rotting mine to get Free hotspot tether on T-Mobile as they currently are blocking mine even tho my data plan says I have unlimited tethering. Thanks & have a wonderful day!! ? :highfive:

All the best,
Ron.

tune345

Feb 23, 2013
Can someone pleaseeee help me or point me to the right direction for this device's FRP unlock method. I can't seem to find anything online that works :(

pvineeth97

Nov 1, 2015
St. Louis
I followed your comment and was able to root. May I use your process to make a tutorial? I will give you credit

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Thanks to Vincent_vann I have root. With this I can finally start building a custom TWRP for this tablet. I wish we had a forum for this device. I requested one last year but it still hasn't been made even though it was approved. If I get one built, and there isn't a dedicated forum, I'll post it in this thread.

I am developing TWRP, custom ROM for this device. I need the stock KDZ file for the device. Can you send it?

Reactions: xnukemx47

pvineeth97

Nov 1, 2015
St. Louis
So I've had this tablet since March but really haven't used it much. My question is once I root it using your written guide do you recommend a app to use for getting Free Hotspot Tether on it? I am a 11 year tenure TMO Customer & have a legacy grandfathered rate/data plan.

Even tho my data plan says I have unlimited hotspot tether it is blocked by TMO. I have reached out to T-Mobile on Twitter & even the executive resolutions team of the president office but they just said that at one point it was allowed but that TMO took it away for whatever reason.

So rather than fighting tthem further or getting the FCC or FTC involved for false advertising I figured I'll just use an app once rooted to bypass root. Just wondering if anyone knows what is the best app to use to achieve this once rooted. Thank you very much & have a wonderful day!! ?:highfive:

All the best,
Ron.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

So did you ever figure your issue out? I have the same tablet & I'll be rotting mine to get Free hotspot tether on T-Mobile as they currently are blocking mine even tho my data plan says I have unlimited tethering. Thanks & have a wonderful day!! ? :highfive:

All the best,
Ron.

Hi. I built TWRP for this device. Can you test it?

https://xdaforums.com/g-pad-x-80/development/unofficial-twrp-t3861875

Reactions: xnukemx47

xnukemx47

Jan 6, 2012
I am developing TWRP, custom ROM for this device. I need the stock KDZ file for the device. Can you send it?
I've been away for a while, but when I fire up this tablet I will provide

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

Do you have a guide I can follow to provide this? I followed some guides to get root on this thing, but I am unfamiliar with a kdz file

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

I will and let you know the results. It might take me up to a week

Azazel82

Aug 20, 2015
Stock or custom Firmware or any other help/suggestions??

Can anyone PLEASE upload the stock firmware or any custom recovery for the LV530? Got this for my chick for Xmas and I cannot install any app from any online store includng the play store, and will not install apks either. States "file is corrupt and didn't install" with apks, Google Playstore gives error 504 (I believe anyway) and LGs own updatable/downloadable apps give both error 102 and 103.
Never had any issue finding stock firmware online for any divice. Closest I've found was the Canadian Variant (LG lg-V533) G Pad 8.0 iv FHD lte I believe. Won't allow flashing it to this device unfortunately however being different model numbers, but can't even find the ROM on any paid sites...

A HUGE THANK YOU in advance and tried all the suggestions online too as well through ADB.Fadtboot, deleting cache, factory reset (which neither allows you to do even booting into recovery/factory reset. Found one post that had a TWRP download on here but I've tried everything in my knowledge to boot into twrp after flashing it these last few weeks to absolutely no avail...
:(

Azazel82

Aug 20, 2015
Oh and I've tried installing TWRP as well with every download I could find online also I including mentioned. Managed to unlock the bootloader and root without difficulty before factor resettling the device attempting to get rid of the apps nor installing issue I'm faced with and did factory reset so lost Magisk/ SuperSU (whichever I had installed then) and all my preinstalled apps. Couldn't reinstall anything after the fact so been stuck with just factory apps. If I could've managed to boot info recovery/TWRP, I could easily figure something out I'm pretty sure, or had root permissions for that matter...
Only reboots the device no matter the means of booting into TWRP via factory data reset.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have rooted mine..if I had the stock system.img could you used that? This is what I did to obtain root..

Download the Lg download utility mode tool '''https://github.com/Lekensteyn/lglaf''
    and the sources ''https://pycryptodome.readthedocs.io/en/latest/src/installation.html'
    Then open cmd in the folder and execute: python lglaf.py --debug --rawshell --cr -c '!S sh' <--- there might be an error message or laf_acess_denied but its okay.
    re-enter the command: python lglaf.py --debug --rawshell <--- this should open up an interactive shell..enter ls and see if it lists the files on the device then close the interactive shell
    run python extract-partitions.py to get the stock boot.bin but change the file extension to .img
    push the boot.img to the device, install magisk manager, patch the boot.img, pull img then flash with fastboot
    tbh I've rooted this device since last month or so but I really didn't have time to make a tutorial
    I looked as well. There does not seem to be any serious develop on the V530. I'm bootloader unlocked but no root or twrp that I could find.
    Just built TWRP. I noticed some folks asking for stock recovery, boot, and system img files. I have recovery and boot img. Not sure where to post these though. Same with twrp. If someone has any reccomendations on how to go about this I'll gladly provide.
    I have the Canadian variant (v533) and wouldn't mind giving TWRP a whirl on it. All specs are same so I think it'll work. Don't mind testing if you do get somewhere to post TWRP. Also good job on getting it compiled ?