LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock)

Search This thread

hrockh

Aug 25, 2009
Bristol
are zip available of completely stock room? I want to unlock my phone and the sim unlocking screen doesn't appear on the couple of xda rom I've tried.
It'd be much better to just flash stock instead of going through the OP method, then root it and install Cwm again. thank you!

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
are zip available of completely stock room? I want to unlock my phone and the sim unlocking screen doesn't appear on the couple of xda rom I've tried.
It'd be much better to just flash stock instead of going through the OP method, then root it and install Cwm again. thank you!
No. You will need to flashing using the tool. A ROM isant gonna unlock your phone

quangnhut123

Nov 29, 2009
@hyelton Please update your post new version !

+ Build 03/07/2014 : Fix not working with some machine run windows 8/8.1 64bit

And how about new kdz file downloader i have a tool with name LG Imei checker

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
@hyelton Please update your post new version !

+ Build 03/07/2014 : Fix not working with some machine run windows 8/8.1 64bit

And how about new kdz file downloader i have a tool with name LG Imei checker
Thanks! Only thing about the LG IMEI checker is that it only works for kdz / non USA models. And it only gives the latest for the area of the kdz for the phone. Reason why I host my own kdz files is due to people can downgrade & upgrade firmwares as they choose. (LG deletes old files & sometimes there server doesn't even work) which is sad lol.

Reactions: didhiy

hrockh

Aug 25, 2009
Bristol
No. You will need to flashing using the tool. A ROM isant gonna unlock your phone

I have requested from my telephone company the unlock code and I will have it in a matter of days. Using modified rom for some reason the prompt to insert the unlocking code doesn't appear.
oh well, time to flash stock once again :)

Devonvp

Sep 29, 2010
Possible Device Connection Fix for Verizon G2

So I had a very hard time with the drivers and what not. I installed all the drivers as directed from the instructions but when it came to the window where it was about to actually "Update" my phone, it kept saying that the phone was not connected and a yellow triangle was next to LGE Device in the device manager. I made sure to restart and I tried to manually choose the driver as one person on here suggested, and I also tried re installing several times but none of that worked. I then strayed away from the instructions a bit and it worked. Doesn't mean for sure that this will work for you or if it just worked by chance, but I figured you guys might want to know what I did...

- connected the phone in download mode
- Uninstalled LGE Device from device manager
- Installed LG Driver provided in instructions
- Instead of downloading the verizon driver provided by OP, I just went to the Verizon G2 support page on the LG website and downloaded the driver that they provide.

after that, I tried "updating" it and I had no problems.

Reactions: wm388

Cltme89

Oct 12, 2011
Atlanta
Sprint LS980 identity crisis, D801 on all fronts

Yes i did, and they it shows the android dude, doing his thing and then the phone restarts and from there boots up, but im back a square one, were the phone load and then crashes once u unlock the screen and reboots.

What firmware did you flash? also was it the firmware meant for your device?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I would like to pick this discussion up because this where I am.

I started on the Sprint LS980 Kitkat and bricked it trying to flash the wrong rom. I unbricked it by but the LG flash tool recognized my phone as D801 and I flashed the Tmobile USA Kitkat thinking all I need to do was downgrade and root the 4.2.2. Even after hard reset I still get bootloop.

It will stay on if I keep touching it and I was able to run ioroot like that but Google play and keyboard don't work handcuffing the ability to jump on wifi. installing autorec or superuser apks left me with the installing screen and I can't type fast enough for adb commands

Also I have the word Error on the bottom of almost all screens. I think thats something with the keyboard

Weirdly enough the phone is functional on T-mobile Kit kat buildprop d801e except for
Wifi acts weird
Neither GSM or CDMA work
Mobile data can not be turned on
front shows sim card and Service disabled

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [CENTER]Common Questions and Problems KDZ Method:

1.Network connection error is NORMAL, move the window over and you'll see its actually most likely flashing

2.If your getting errors when doing the kdz method and running a custom rom that could be the problem and you'll need to use the TOT method.

3. Getting connection errors? Check under device manager to make sure you see LG something related under communication ports (Windows 8/10 ports might be hidden)

Make sure your using a USB 2.0 port!! USB 3.0 will NOT work.

Common Questions and Problems TOT Method:

If having an issue try and choose Board_ID on the TOT/DLL selection screen.

Make sure you've set your COM port to COM41

If device does not start flashing besure you unplug and replug the device

Make sure your using a USB 2.0 port!! USB 3.0 will NOT work.[/CENTER]
    Here are all the current KDZ files for flashing Your G2 Back to Stock, I have updated the Link below with the AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon,Sprint, and Korean, Asia, Pretty much of all them now!. READ!!! The first Guide Below is to Return To STOCK For ALL Varrients!! EXCEPT for the AT&T Please read below for the steps to return to stock on AT&T

NOTICE! - IF you download fails or does not download all the way USE A DOWNLOAD MANAGER!, Files that are usually over 1GB browsers have issues downloading them espseically if you have a slow connection.

First Off Not Responsible if you flash the wrong one!!!!
    Please Check to make sure you don`t flash a 16GB firmware on an 32GB device. Please check the file names if they have an "16GB" in the File Name

THIS Guide Below for All Versions EXCEPT the AT&T Version (For AT&T & Sprint Scroll Down more)

How to flash ROM KDZ Method
    First off I`d like to THANK @quangnhut123 for making a new way & easy way to flash the KDZ Method!!:)

The Files are Hosted on my server for fast speeds! Most if not all NEEDED KDZ files are on my Server :)
    1). Download all The Files Below!

1) Firmware Files - HERE!
    Or Here LGKDZ.com for your exact match KDZ for your model
    2) Download LG Drivers - LG Drivers Here - 10.9 Mb
    2.1)Verizon Drivers (Verizon Only)LG_VZW_United_v2.11.1.exe - 7.8 Mb

3) Download LG Flash Tool 2014 tool and extract - LG_Flash_Tool_2014.zip - 3.1 Mb

4) Enter to Download Mode and plug USB into your PC

5) Run LGFlashTool2014.exe and do as following pictures :
    (If you cannot run LGFlashTool2014.exe, please install Visual C++ Runtime Library) - Download HERE
    Normal Flash: Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differ from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.
    CSE Flash: Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It's suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.

lgflashtool_step1.png

lgflashtool_step2.png

No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting.
    lgflashtool_step3.png

Wait until 100% to complete !

REMEMBER if you get Bootlooping after flashing perform a factory hard reset!
    Instructions Here: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-7590

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    2015 (updated with pictures) TOT Method!
    RETURN TO STOCK TOT METHOD!, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, & a The few International TOT`s that are available

How to Flash YouTube Video:

1.Download Everything!
    1.1)Download Both Stock Image & DLL File – Download Here
    1.2)Download LG FlashTools V1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb
    1.3)Download Drivers (Any LG Phone) - Here (Verizon Only) – Here
    1.4)Megalock DLL File - Megalock.dll Download

(Hint) If your getting wrong dll/Wrong model error after having to start to flash and it fails use this DLL file instead of your model DLL file: LGUP_8974.dll - 1.4 Mb
    This error means you where running a rom not meant for or built on a different model#.

Install:
    2.Install LG Drviers
    3.Install Flashtool (Don’t run it yet)
    4.Extract the TOT file from the Zip
    5.Copy MegaLock.dll file to C:\LG\LGFlashtool (This might be a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file)

6.Power off your Device & or pull battery (G3),(G Pro),(G Flex)
    7.Press and hold the Vol UP Key and plug in the USB cable to your phone you should now see “Firmware Update/Download Mode” and be in Download mode.

8.Open up Device Manger on your PC
    8.1)Click on ports and double click LGEModem
    8.2)Go to Port Settings Tab and click Advanced
    8.3)Change COM Port to COM41 and click Okay.
    8.4)After this you may need to rereboot your phone back into download mode.
    1.JPG

2.JPG

9.Run LG Flashtool as Administrator
    10.Select Manual Mode at the top
    11.Click The DLL Box and choose the DLL file from Above meant for your device
    12.Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with the .tot extension, Then Click OK when done.
    3.JPG

13.Now Click the Yellow Arrow Button at the top left, The Firmware install will be triggered
    4.JPG

14.You may need to unplug/replug phone before Firmware install will start (If it does nothing after clicking the yellow button

15. Should take anywhere between 4-8 Minutes, When its done your phone should reboot

Do NOT Close the FlashTool Window during firmware update.

99% of the time FlashTool will FAIL after 85% anything after 85% is just your phone rebooting so your safe :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Remember if you have bootloop or stuck on LG Logo after flashing make sure you FACTORY RESET!

Extra Important Info:
    To Fix ANY Driver issues make sure you reboot your computer after removing and then reinstall again, Also try different USB ports or USB cable or try another PC.
    Also try this for any driver issues: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53313255&postcount=5400

To Fix "Knock On" from not working - Thanks too - @wassk "If ur phone is d802 then open ur dialer type there 3845#*802# when hidden menu opens check for settings....press settings and inside u have Update Touch Firmware...press that and wait for 10-15 seconds....then close this and try again ur screen...maybe will help"

BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD. DON`T POST ANY LINKS TO the LG-FIRMWARE site as most of there links are not even working, and also make you see an AD for 5 seconds to make money off of you for a dead link they are not even hosting they are just thieving off LG`s Servers and making money on it. Anyone That posts a link to it will be reported to the Mods or asked to remove. Thank You.!
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Links are ALWAYS hosted on MY servers for NO Downtime! If My site does NOT have what your looking for PM me or post what you want and I will try and get it for you:)

Feel Free to buy me a Beer if you feel I have helped you :) Thank you!
    Thank you so much!
    Donations: @avinash Rajkumar, @penone1130, @nilesd
    LGUP Method:​
    Flashes both KDZ & TOT files:
    Thanks to @shakeyabooti for LGUP!

Download LGUP from HERE
    Install the file with the DLL name in them first and then LGUP_Install_Ver_1_14_3 Then copy the folder "common" to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model (this should resolve unknown error)
    Make sure you have downloaded the required KDZ file MM or LP
    Open LGUP on your computer "make sure your phone is plugged in"
    ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE WITH LGUP NOT SEEING YOUR MOBILE?
    Try this....... take the back off your mobile so you can get at the battery. Connect your mobile via USB. Start LGUP, if it does not see your phone DO NOT DISCONNECT, DO NOT RESTART OR TURN OFF LGUP. Take out the battery and then put it back in.......let the phone restart on its own. LGUP should now see it.

LG Drivers: in First post

TO DO A FULL WIPE AND INSTALL MM - Open the LGUP on your computer. FILE PATH point it towards the MM KDZ.
    IMPORTANT!!!!!!! shut down LGUP!
    Now open LGUP again - you will notice that the MM KDZ will still be showing in the FILE PATH section. Select REFURBISH and make sure BIN file is ticked. Press Start. Make cup of tea and be patient

TO GO BACK TO LP FROM MM - Open LGUP on your computer, click on FILE PATH and point it towards your LP KDZ. Close LGUP and re-open LGUP. Make sure you select REFURBISH this will do a FULL wipe, tick BIN file. Press Start. Make cup of tea and be patient

Video Guide: (Thanks to @KiaTheKing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKcuYwDoxY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have now Updated the link above which now has the T-Mobile and Verizon Versions :

http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G2/Stock/
    use the megalock.dll , to enable your lg flash tools

You can download the megalock.dll and place it to the folder of the lg flash tools