[LG G3] 8.0.0 || Ground Zero ROMs || Validus - Tesla - Tipsy || Official

Search This thread

thecdn

Apr 26, 2011
Try a clean install I'm running the latest tipsy and all my ringtones and more are avail

They were clean installs and I just did another one to confirm it to myself. On a clean install of Tipsy Phone ringtone and Default notification ringtone are defaulted to none. Default alarm ringtone is defaulted to Piezo.

When I select Phone or Default notification ringtone I do not get the radio button selection menu displayed in your pic, I have to use a file explorer to chose a sound file. Using solid explorer I am able to select the mp3 I use for my ringtone but when I select an ogg for the Default notification ringtone in /system/media/audio/notifications the selection does not stick but remains at none.

On a fresh install of Tesla, which I've reverted to for my main driver, there is a default set for all ringtones, but again selection is not through the radio button menu from your pic - and which I have seen in most other roms - but through picking a file with a file explorer.

I note that you seem to be using an 850 while I'm using an 851. Apparently there are differences in the image files.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@thecdn, I finally got around to putting Tipsy on the D851 to reproduce your issue. I'm not getting the same thing exactly.

The ringtones are set to None. Tapping on one brings up a handler dialog, choices being Media Storage or Amaze file manager. Chose Media Storage and got the radio button selection dialog/menu.
That was a quick test though before losing battery. I didn't even select anything to see if it sticks. Later today I'll check.

e88e251e15cb66a407d28f9a64f7ae64.jpg

f1d0350d47b5084e8bc0a889c7bedbd2.jpg

2901804c498cd0af3862108f31e1edf7.jpg

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN LP ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

thecdn

Apr 26, 2011
@thecdnTapping on one brings up a handler dialog, choices being Media Storage or Amaze file manager. Chose Media Storage and got the radio button selection dialog/menu.

That's what "Media Storage" does?! I had no idea. When I selected phone or notification ringtone and the radio button menu didn't pop up I thought I had to go into a file explorer to select a sound file. Didn't know what Media Storage referred to.

Ok. Disregard my last couple of posts and put me down as an idiot.

I'll go back to asking/complaining about having 4x4 and 5x5 pattern options for security for all the roms and open ime switcher as a long press option for Tesla/Validus.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@thecdn, heh, I didn't even expect to see choices in the first place. I was about to choose the filemanager also instead of media storage.

Haven't run Tipsy in a long time so this gave me a chance to check it out again. Nice.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, Validus v14.2 ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Max Frost

Oct 25, 2015
Question about Variant

Hello , I am fairly new to LG devices and have a question . I currently am running Tesla on my LS990 sprint G3 . Sprint is going to unlock the device so I can get over on T-Mobile . Once I swap over do I just keep running the LS990 rom ? Am I gonna have ril problems or other nightmares ? Heck , for all I know I might need to start flashing the D-851 rom . I just don't know . I've never had a device unlocked , switching carriers while running a custom rom . Advice , alerts anyone ? Your help will be most appreciated . Thanks

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@Max Frost
Definitely do not consider flashing a D851 ROM on a LS990. There's more than just network differences between the variants.

Not sure what happens after they unlock it but I assume you'll probably just need a new SIM from TMO. Again, not sure though.

On a related note I saw someone mention a GSM patch for the LS990. Might be something to have in the bag of tricks. Just have to remember where I just saw that though.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, AospExtended v4.3 ROM, Llama Sweet Kernel, NanoMod-microG (NoGapps), Tapatalk 4.9.5

aheeejd

Jan 5, 2012
off the coast o the kontiki!
Flashed the latest Validus (ls990) & its running great! Not sure I like the size of the keyboard, its smaller then normal. I mean I want to like it allot, but allot of misspelled words (fat fingers). So thankful you are still building these for this device.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

rogerssnpy

Sep 21, 2015
Saylorsburg
Hello , I am fairly new to LG devices and have a question . I currently am running Tesla on my LS990 sprint G3 . Sprint is going to unlock the device so I can get over on T-Mobile . Once I swap over do I just keep running the LS990 rom ? Am I gonna have ril problems or other nightmares ? Heck , for all I know I might need to start flashing the D-851 rom . I just don't know . I've never had a device unlocked , switching carriers while running a custom rom . Advice , alerts anyone ? Your help will be most appreciated . Thanks

I have bad news but 2 my knowledge sprint unlocked or locked with G3 you can't use on T-Mobile! Sprint uses the CDMA network and T-Mobile is GSM its a line that can't be crossed Could be wrong but I don't think I am Thats the same for all phone manufactures not just LG Thats like trying to stuff a 1969 dodge charger 426 hemi big block into a 2007 honda civic it just wont work :p
you can take the AT&T D850 unlock it it will work on all GSM carriers Tmobile included they both GSM Sprint and verizon are rather iffy your going to have data issues if it even reads the CDMA sim at all! BUT if you get lucky yes you will continue using the sprint variation rom its still a sprint phone

Last edited:

jlb1959.01

Feb 27, 2016
springhill,fl
Sorry I didn't specify make,model when commenting on unlucking phones. On my vzw985 which is unlocked I can control within the mobile settings,CDMA,global etc..mainly commented that only down load for the specific model,unlocking is a whole different thing,depending on carrier etc,as again vzw phones can control the CDMA,global settings within the mobile settings,have no idea about the other carriers...

jlb1959.01

Feb 27, 2016
springhill,fl
Again,different model phones may be different,you can google models and find out for sure,I've been using my phone with T-Mobile,metro PCs,now vzw..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170617-084939.png
    Screenshot_20170617-084939.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 190

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
I have bad news but 2 my knowledge sprint unlocked or locked with G3 you can't use on T-Mobile! Sprint uses the CDMA network and T-Mobile is GSM its a line that can't be crossed Could be wrong but I don't think I am Thats the same for all phone manufactures not just LG Thats like trying to stuff a 1969 dodge charger 426 hemi big block into a 2007 honda civic it just wont work :p
you can take the AT&T D850 unlock it it will work on all GSM carriers Tmobile included they both GSM Sprint and verizon are rather iffy your going to have data issues if it even reads the CDMA sim at all! BUT if you get lucky yes you will continue using the sprint variation rom its still a sprint phone

It's all according to what bands a phone supports . I just unlocked two sprint Tribute HD cdma phone that has several GSM bands that I enabled . They now have a T-mobile sim and I'm currently hot spotting with them . Works perfect . I also had a sim in the G3 and could make calls but only got 3G because it only goes up to band 25 and for my rural location I need band 26 which the newer cheapo Tribute has . When new bands roll out from carriers then the older phones are missing those bands . In town or closer to T-mobile towers band 25 would have been fine . I'll keep the two Tributes on T-mobile to hotspot with . These were 20.00 last black friday so cheapo phones but working fine on T-mobile so go figure . LS676 is the model . They talk and text just fine as well .

So in effect @MaxFrost it's to old to get the newer bands you would need .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone