[LG G3] 8.0.0 || Ground Zero ROMs || Validus - Tesla - Tipsy || Official

Search This thread

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
So the newest build of Validus no longer has Magisk included so no root . What are other people using , Majisk or SuperSu to regain root ? I'm on the LS990 variant . For now I have just went with Magisk .

Last edited:

rogerssnpy

Sep 21, 2015
Saylorsburg
Hey guys, new TipsyOs builds are up in the op. Enjoy!

Hello I'm having an issue don't no if its the rom or what I keep getting the android,acore or something like that keeps stopping flash back older version and it goes away. Tried clean flash 4 times and keep having same issue its latest D850 tipsy Tipsy-d850-7.1.2.Ultra_Blonde-v6.6.1-20170803-0032

tallsilver

Dec 7, 2010
Conway, SC
Hello I'm having an issue don't no if its the rom or what I keep getting the android,acore or something like that keeps stopping flash back older version and it goes away. Tried clean flash 4 times and keep having same issue its latest D850 tipsy Tipsy-d850-7.1.2.Ultra_Blonde-v6.6.1-20170803-0032
Did you try new download? Works fine on my 850.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

rogerssnpy

Sep 21, 2015
Saylorsburg

No I'll try redownloading ty Its weird never had any issue before

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

The second It boots up it throws this error! Have no clue why its a new download and wiped everything (Clean Install) all help to fix this error appreciated it makes phone unusable

(Screenshot Below)

https://prnt.sc/g6k20n

Last edited:

thecdn

Apr 26, 2011
I did a clean install of the latest Tesla on my d851 when it was released and used the full version of opengapps and magisk for root, as I've done many times. I restored my usual apps from tb. I had problems with a number of apps that I regularly use, including K9 mail and Google News and Weather, crashing upon opening. I rebooted several times and did the (clean) install twice but had the same issues.

I restored my backup of the latest Tipsy where everything is running well. I might take another stab at it this weekend and vary the gapps and/or try supersu just for fun. Note I've been using Tesla and Tipsy for some time now and this is the first problem like this I've had with either. I've seen it in other roms I've tried.

oadam11

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 19, 2013
plus.google.com
I did a clean install of the latest Tesla on my d851 when it was released and used the full version of opengapps and magisk for root, as I've done many times. I restored my usual apps from tb. I had problems with a number of apps that I regularly use, including K9 mail and Google News and Weather, crashing upon opening. I rebooted several times and did the (clean) install twice but had the same issues.

I restored my backup of the latest Tipsy where everything is running well. I might take another stab at it this weekend and vary the gapps and/or try supersu just for fun. Note I've been using Tesla and Tipsy for some time now and this is the first problem like this I've had with either. I've seen it in other roms I've tried.
Could be some app from tb data restore that is acting up

wtr1225

Mar 3, 2015
I have flashed each of the roms on my lg850 and all 3 have trouble reading my sim card, it goes in and out. These are the only roms i have ever had this problem with. Any suggestions.

Char_G

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2013
Missouri
No I'll try redownloading ty Its weird never had any issue before

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

The second It boots up it throws this error! Have no clue why its a new download and wiped everything (Clean Install) all help to fix this error appreciated it makes phone unusable

(Screenshot Below)

https://prnt.sc/g6k20n

What gapps did you use? Are you wiping system in advanced wipe as well as data and caches?

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
I've been flashing Tesla and Validus multiple times over the last few days with the newest builds . Clean or dirty they work perfect here on my LS990 .
I'd like to ask if any LS990 user has ever had LTE working on Nougat ? Mine never has . I can and have lived without it but I would like to know if it's just me or everyone . I love these roms so much I can live with 3G . I'd appreciate if LS990 users would respond . Thanks

rogerssnpy

Sep 21, 2015
Saylorsburg
What gapps did you use? Are you wiping system in advanced wipe as well as data and caches?
same gapps I've been using for all the awesome GR roms opengapps been using tipsy/tesla builds since forever and I've never had this issue before i'm not a novice at flashing roms flash Ultra_Blonde the latest that error pops up reflash satan_red and alls back to norm i'm so lost LOL

Reactions: Char_G

seanskiT!

Feb 27, 2013
Winston-Salem, NC
I've been flashing Tesla and Validus multiple times over the last few days with the newest builds . Clean or dirty they work perfect here on my LS990 .
I'd like to ask if any LS990 user has ever had LTE working on Nougat ? Mine never has . I can and have lived without it but I would like to know if it's just me or everyone . I love these roms so much I can live with 3G . I'd appreciate if LS990 users would respond . Thanks

Never had any issue with LTE working. Not sure whats going on.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Ph3ar.

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
Never had any issue with LTE working. Not sure whats going on.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using XDA Labs

Thanks for the reply . Yup it really is strange . I've been using both Tesla and Validus for months , no telling how many clean flashes I've done . This week I've went back to stock , refreshed everything and LTE works like a champ . Everytime I reflash I lose LTE . If yours is working fine then it has to be on my end . At least your post gives me hope so I'll keep plugging away at it . It could be the mvno I'm using which is Tello . Could be I need to backup the apn that works with them on the stock rom and try that .Thanks again for letting me know . :good:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Been awhile since I've been on Validus. Still getting it squared away on my D851. Two things...

When setting up SmartBar I noticed there's no image associated with the Menu action. Only a tiny dot. Got a screenshot but don't currently have Tapatalk installed yet.

Secondly, and this is cool for me, Validus and system mode SuperSU work just fine together. Did a couple of tests beforehand and it worked each time. Nice. Never been a fan of systemless so this is a big Woohoo for me. ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=73395859

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, Dark ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.3

Last edited:

aheeejd

Jan 5, 2012
off the coast o the kontiki!
I've had no issues with any ground zero roms & LTE. Never flashed dirty, I don't use ota either. I actually enjoy setting phone back up. Anyways, seems strange for you to have issues with LTE.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ph3ar.

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
I've had no issues with any ground zero roms & LTE. Never flashed dirty, I don't use ota either. I actually enjoy setting phone back up. Anyways, seems strange for you to have issues with LTE.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Yeah but it's solved now . Switched from Tello to Sprint and it worked immediately . I tried all kinds of apn settings with Tello and had no luck . Thanks to the replies I got here from you guys . :good:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone