• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[LG G3] Android Marshmallow discussions

Search This thread

Frogkiller

Sep 8, 2011
VNF
I have a problem with LG G3 858HK (dual sim).
Sometimes (once/twice a day) phone loses all signal, tries to connect, connects and loses signal again, again connects, loses and so on, and so on. Its not only data, it loses mobile signal as well. And it happens in all kinds of areas, even where signal is full 4G. Usually nothing helps, excepts switching the phone off/on again or pulling the battery. Sometimes when switching it off while having this issue, it wouldnt switch on again pressing power button. Again, opening it up and pulling the battery helps. Sometimes only connecting wifi/ disconnecting wifi helps.
Phone is running rooted android 6.0 (tried few ROMS, rooted/non-rooted - same thing). I tried everything to solve it: factory reset, changing sims, running with one sim, running with 2 sims (its dual sim phone), unrooting, rooting again, multiple ROM's, tried all kinds of settings - nothing helps. The issue is probably with the phone. Sadly, warranty is expired.

Video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq7_jm0-Hp8

The signal in the area where video was captured is really good, full 4G normally.
Anyone got any idea what could be wrong with it?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
´

Hi, I think it's board problem and not software problem

In my G3 D855 I already had the following problems:

Loss of wifi signal unable to connect to wifi:crying:
Invalid SIM card and does reboot:crying:
Blue screen and reboot:crying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAiu3jzKExk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSvEXPDL7a0

Of the various solutions I saw on the internet that gave the best result was to apply heat to the motherboard with a heat gun.:good::fingers-crossed:

Be very careful not to burn anything or drop any component

Place the motherboard on a flat surface and do not touch it
I applied heat all over her for 15s
I let it cool down a bit
Apply heat again for 15s

Let cool and reassemble everything and test.

In my case it resulted

I stopped having problems with wifi and blue screen, but after 15 days.:(:rolleyes:

Started giving again invalid SIM card error and reboot.

I returned to heat on the motherboard, but this time gave more heat on both sides of the motherboard, more on the side of the SIM card slot (in front and behind (see images)

Running for 3 days without problems.:fingers-crossed:

Attachments

• LGG3_a.jpg
    LGG3_a.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 197
  • LGG3_b.jpg
    LGG3_b.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 193

Neerijus

May 15, 2012
´

Hi, I think it's board problem and not software problem

In my G3 D855 I already had the following problems:

Loss of wifi signal unable to connect to wifi:crying:
Invalid SIM card and does reboot:crying:
Blue screen and reboot:crying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAiu3jzKExk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSvEXPDL7a0

Of the various solutions I saw on the internet that gave the best result was to apply heat to the motherboard with a heat gun.:good::fingers-crossed:

Be very careful not to burn anything or drop any component

Place the motherboard on a flat surface and do not touch it
I applied heat all over her for 15s
I let it cool down a bit
Apply heat again for 15s

Let cool and reassemble everything and test.

In my case it resulted

I stopped having problems with wifi and blue screen, but after 15 days.:(:rolleyes:

Started giving again invalid SIM card error and reboot.

I returned to heat on the motherboard, but this time gave more heat on both sides of the motherboard, more on the side of the SIM card slot (in front and behind (see images)

Running for 3 days without problems.:fingers-crossed:

Thanks for the answer. If i wont find any other solutions, i might try this.. Thanks.

MariosAga

Apr 6, 2016
links don't work

Neither of the links for the d855 version work anymore whereas the others do. Can you please give me another link for the d855 version? I really need to upgrade my lg g3 but I can't do it via OTA and I was hoping I would find a solution here. Any type of help would be appreciated.:confused::confused::):rolleyes:

Anarchist77

Sep 13, 2014
Lg g3 is not the only one who has a problem. LG is getting bad reputation.

Angry customers file class-action suit against LG over G4, V10 bootloop issues

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/lg-g4-v10-bootloop-lawsuit-news/#ixzz4dyJ1haGp
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | DigitalTrends on Facebook

This is NOT the place to advertise this. Doesn't matter what your intentions are.
This particular content/discussion has been highlighted here on the XDA Portal already.

Please take the time to research/check before spamming the development threads...

Sorry, this IS a discussion thread but it has still been covered already.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello G3 users, Android 6 is finally here ! Current available KDZ list below:

LG G3 D855 30B_GLOBAL_XX , thanks to @autoprime
    LG G3 D855 30B_EUR_XX , thanks to @maxou2600
    LG G3 F400L 30C_KR_XX , thanks to @ishanbhatnagr96
    LG G3 F400K 30D_KR_XX, thanks to @Keaganvdh
    LG G3 F400S 30C_KR_XX , thanks to @ishanbhatnagr96
    LG G3 D858HK 30A_HK_XX

These KDZ's are compatible with both 16 and 32 GB versions of the phone, and they can be flashed using LG Flash Tool (2014).
    I recommend you to do a CSE Flash if you're going to use the flash tool from above. You can flash this coming from any previous rom.
    Also, if you get the error from the attachments while flashing, have no fear and keep the phone plugged in to the pc until the flashing is complete.

The main changes in Android 6 Marshmallow for the G3 are shown here.
    For the secret menu the code is *#546368#*855# , thanks to @dszymek

First impressions from @KiaTheKing are available in the video below .

@KiaTheKing was also kind enough to make a tutorial on how to root android marshmallow
    in the video below.

In attachments you have some pics, happy flashing !
    *UPDATE*
    Made a new thread here for flashable zips, all the partitions and KDZ - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/stock-d855-30b-images-kdz-flashables-t3282012. Apparently the KDZ works on both 16GB and 32GB devices.

if you are using CM13 or another AOSP rom there is no need to flash anything from 30B yet. Maybe tz, rpm and modem once CM13 gets updated with the newer blobs. this KDZ is in the hands of CM devs who have updated the CM13 blobs n things :)

If you don't care about root and have a D855.. go ahead and just flash the KDZ.

#teamcodefire
    LG has posted kernel source for the M build on D855 (unlocked, international).

http://opensource.lge.com/osSch/list?types=ALL&search=D855
    You, guys, are like a little children... Nobody knows exact time of arriving this OTA update and you still questioning this particular thing over and over again.

Odesláno z mého LG-D855 pomocí Tapatalk

What's wrong with being like little children :D Children are full of excitement and wonder at new things that are to come just like people here on Xda who are waiting for MM.

Wouldn't Xda be a very dull place if nobody posted any comments or points of view on particular subjects like the Marshmallow update, in fact Xda would be a very boring place.

Chill out and join the debate because that is all it is people expressing their point of view or excitement on a particular subject....:cool::cool:
    I do not really think he is the one to blame. It was clearly a joke here on XDA. GSMArena is the one to blame for taking random pictures with no source and posting them as news, especially when they are considered to be credible and many sites use them as a source.

Sure you're right but responsibility is mostly on the joker. Anyway, what can I do about it?
    I just hope it will be released by tomorrow and the only outcome I will recall in some time will be increased reach of my twitter profile ;)