LG G3 Cat6 F460L F460K F460S owner thread?

Search This thread

Cullenator

Mar 3, 2015
Victoria, BC
Anyway, I just got my f460s yesterday. Somehow the rom is really old, 10H, I think. Which is not a bad thing. However, there's no OTA option in Update Center, I get only App Update, really strange. I've been collecting info all morning, but I still cannot determine the latest rom version, the one I found mentioned on xda is 20R. And no one seems to be able to root after 20C!?

That's been my experience. None of the root methods seem to work for any versions after 20c. Please share if you get one to work, of course! :highfive:

vinodh3

Aug 18, 2011
Any one found the solution for the update issues which imported from korea. Like when we try to do system update it will give the following error The "Update service is limited. Please contact lg service center (1544-7777)' Any hacking method so that able to directly get the latest updates on mobile.

totalz

Jan 28, 2011
No, the F400 TWRP won't work on your phone. But there are lots of autorec apps out there for the F460 (I think there's a link to one in the CloudyCat forum). Only flash stuff that's specifically for your model or you will get stuck in bootloop adventure land. :)

Super bad news to me, I bought an unofficial refurbished f460, of course the seller claimed it's brand new. The worst part is I don't know what model it is exactly, the rom was F460S10K, but the imei is F460L :( Should had known there's sth wrong when there's no OTA option in update center. So I think that rom was a modded F460S10K and led me to believe that it's a F460S hardware!

Anyway, I first used PC Suite to try to update the rom, the update process wouldn't even start, the conflict was obvious! Then I used LG flash tool 2014, and tried to flash it with F460S20C (btw, I think SKT sucks on making good rom!). I'm not sure if it's the flash tool or win10, a pop up dialog says the flash tool sent a terminate signal to OS in a 'weird' way. The progress bar on the flash tool was 99%, and status in download mode seemed to be finished. So I thought the process was finished... now the phone is in boot loop, can't enter recovery mode, the android icon shows for 2 sec and back to the LG logo. Flash tool cannot connect to phone anymore, update always timeout...

Please give me some advice. :crying:

nqh2508

Jul 5, 2014
Did you modify this kernel? I used the original version of this. It's pretty fast but seems to me like there a lot of battery leaks.

Sent from my LG-F460K using Tapatalk

It's not mine. I share for you because i'm using it. Better performance with the same battery drains :)

totalz

Jan 28, 2011
Last edited:

Cullenator

Mar 3, 2015
Victoria, BC
Hi Cullenator, I somehow save my phone with 460S20C, so I'm searching for root method, so what do u use to root 20C? And when I rooted it, do I install this recovery?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/cwm-recovery-6-0-5-0-f460s-l-k-t2874916

What's the correct method to enter official Recovery mode?

For rooting, I've always used LG One Click Root (http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/general/guide-root-lg-firmwares-kitkat-lollipop-t3056951) without any problems. I've heard stumproot and towelroot also work, but I've never used them.

I would strongly recommend using TWRP instead of that recovery you linked to. If you look through that thread, you'll see a lot of the functions (including backup!) don't work. Here's a post that contains a link to the version of TWRP I'm using: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58282466&postcount=2

Once rooted, the easiest way to get into recovery is using a root rebooter app like bootdroid or quickboot. The hard key method is very tricky to get right on this phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: snuffbox27

totalz

Jan 28, 2011
For rooting, I've always used LG One Click Root (http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/general/guide-root-lg-firmwares-kitkat-lollipop-t3056951) without any problems. I've heard stumproot and towelroot also work, but I've never used them.

I would strongly recommend using TWRP instead of that recovery you linked to. If you look through that thread, you'll see a lot of the functions (including backup!) don't work. Here's a post that contains a link to the version of TWRP I'm using: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58282466&postcount=2

Once rooted, the easiest way to get into recovery is using a root rebooter app like bootdroid or quickboot. The hard key method is very tricky to get right on this phone.

Thanks Cullenator,

VERY Very good info, actually I found that once-click root page. There's also a new one that claims the one works on F460S20M, but how do I get 20M, from the official http://lg-firmware-rom.com , I can only get to 20C!! Also if I run OTA check from Update Center, it says 20C is latest.

Super info on the TWRP, can I use that to flash official kdz rom? Or do i have to stick to Flash Tool 2014?

Is there a way to verify the actual serial# of the phone? I'm pretty sure my phone isn't new, just a refurbished one, but I would still like to find out if it's refurbished by LG or some unknown 3rd party...

cascabel

May 27, 2012
a city in a galaxy far far away
Hi guys. Been lurking in this thread for a while now.

Just a quick Q. I've been searching for a list of preinstalled apps on my stock f460k (5.0.1) that are safe to remove/freeze. If there's a list, would someone be nice enough to give me a link to it? If there isn't any, does anyone know which apps are safe to disable/uninstall?

Can't go the custom rom route as i have really bad internet, and i'm afraid of getting a bootloop for the same reason (without a working recovery for stock, it's scary to get soft bricks. Lol).

Thanks in advance for the info.

vinodh3

Aug 18, 2011

Just a quick Q. I've been searching for a list of preinstalled apps on my stock f460k (5.0.1) that are safe to remove/freeze. If there's a list, would someone be nice enough to give me a link to it? If there isn't any, does anyone know which apps are safe to disable/uninstall?

Can't go the custom rom route as i have really bad internet, and i'm afraid of getting a bootloop for the same reason (without a working recovery for stock, it's scary to get soft bricks. Lol).

You can freeze using titanium backup. But do not remove it. Leave the files which starts with com.android
You can install custom recovery if incase anything happens you can restore it from the backup.

Reactions: cascabel

cascabel

May 27, 2012
a city in a galaxy far far away
You can freeze using titanium backup. But do not remove it. Leave the files which starts with com.android
You can install custom recovery if incase anything happens you can restore it from the backup.
Yup. Already did that. There are a few (2 or 3) apks that i haven't frozen yet. I'm just afraid of doing something that could make the phone bootloop since i don't have a recovery installed. [emoji2]

davidsmash098

Mar 11, 2011
Hey everyone,
I just got around to updating to lollipop, did all the otas, was excited to root and set up my phone, but I'm finding out now that root only works up to 20c? Is that correct? I've tried all the methods I could find and none of them worked.

The main reason I don't want to flash back is that 20c was very laggy and the otas really helped. Phone is super smooth but if course no root.

Any help is appreciated!

Forgot to mention im on f460k20n

Last edited:

TheKaser

Dec 2, 2009
Brussels

I always freeze almost all of the apps listed in post 1 and 2 of this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/general/debloat-remove-unwanted-apps-make-g3-t2959350

Reactions: cascabel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LG F460 CM 13.0 boot successed

LG F460 CM 13.0 boot successed

very hard.but it succescced.

CM 13 first boot on LG-F460

drivers based on stock 6.0
    Good news, call no sound has been fixed. Big thanks @Jesse Chan

CM13 Main thread hErE
    [Alpha] CM-13.0 FOR LG-F460 20160218

based on LG-F460 30C firmware drivers
    based on CM source 20160218

working:

1.bluetooth
    2.gpu
    3.camera(IR Focus)
    4.torth and flash
    5.sound(Incomplete. some bugs)
    6.wifi(2.4Ghz and 5Ghz)
    7.AP
    8.mobile network
    9.vibrator control(CM solutions)
    10.light
    11.IR
    12.sensors
    13.hardware decoder and hardware encoder
    14.double tap wake(CM solutions)

issus and bugs:

1.Call no sound (I think because of mixer path, anybody could help me ?)
    2.snap flash bugs(Maybe CM bugs)
    3.NFC
    4.GPS
    5.battery service
    6.other un-test problems

Need to flash stock marshmallow modem!!

androidfilehost account waiting for verification
    Link: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pKri8FD
    password: 61ku
    [ W.I.P] JZ kernel for Stock MM(with english version synapse)

Work in progress

Now synapse has two language version.

KVeIFVQ.png

qFiRPWg.png

x4oyyfc.png

DjpNfwg.png

kuaCNEZ.png

ZHu2ntv.png

Yqrgk3q.png

QvGXUir.png

QR3sq2D.png
    So what i am doing for about 2hour is wrong?i am press power & vol down then quickly releaseand press both after LG logo. Oh[emoji30] , i search on google not one mentioning about vol up. I done it before but i forgot what button to press after the LG logo. I wonder if i can se your poat earlier.haha Thanks

Sent from my LG-F460L

for the Cat6 it's different to normal G3. It's indeed PWR+VolDown, release, then VolUp+VolDown... sorry man.

try it and get it working so that you know next time! :D
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone