• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LG G3 D858HK Discussions

Search This thread

sameerhasan70

Jan 3, 2015
Weather has stopped

I'm getting unfortunately Weather Service has stopped on opening Qmemo+ and Weather has stopped on opening the Weather app and on phone restart. I'm on MM 30a on D858hk. Any solutions ?

shelby.eleanor

Feb 25, 2016
Does anyone have a problem with stock camera app and recording videos while wifi is on?

If I record a video with wifi on, my videos have some kind of a crackling noise, not sure what it is... But it happens only with stock app and wifi on.

Ok, the simplest solution would be to use another camera app, but the stock camera works great, it has all the options I use, and it doesnt have any irritating commercials.

Edit: it happens on stock KitKat and now on stock Marshmallow.

Last edited:

smmammen

Jun 20, 2015
weather is stopping unless you have XPOSED module

I'm on MM 30a on D858hk rooted with zip for TWRP by Artshell. also Xposed installed framework 80 how do i get lg weather to work ive tried this fix by Artshell - Weather animation fixed in lockscreen 858НК_30A 6.0 system>priv-app>putting the permissions >of the copied replacement>LGSystemUI,oat folder to delete,to restart. but not able to get it to load also which xposed

AbbasM234

Jul 12, 2013
Dubai
I'm on MM 30a on D858hk rooted with zip for TWRP by Artshell. also Xposed installed framework 80 how do i get lg weather to work ive tried this fix by Artshell - Weather animation fixed in lockscreen 858НК_30A 6.0 system>priv-app>putting the permissions >of the copied replacement>LGSystemUI,oat folder to delete,to restart. but not able to get it to load also which xposed
only if u remove xposed

Sent from my LG-D858HK using Tapatalk

eddyhiggins

Feb 24, 2011
Hey guys could you tell me if there is a xceed kernel for our phones????

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

I can't get more than 2.5 hours . does my phone have an hardware trouble. I can't get more time and I'm not playing games and is on conservative mod with trickter mod. Any help here? I have greenify battery doctor and clean master . I don't know what else to do

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
Hey guys could you tell me if there is a xceed kernel for our phones????

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

I can't get more than 2.5 hours . does my phone have an hardware trouble. I can't get more time and I'm not playing games and is on conservative mod with trickter mod. Any help here? I have greenify battery doctor and clean master . I don't know what else to do

There could be so many things wrong with your phone which you need to cancel
out one by one to figure out what is the main culprit behind the battery drain.

1. Check battery section to see if any app is causing it
2. Fully charge your phone and calibrate your battery
3. Living in bad cell reception area could also cause unusual battery drain!!
4. what is your screen brightness?
5. Check what apps run in the background
6. You may have a bad battery
7. Are you using genuine charger which came with your phone?
8. check for wake locks
9. how long did u have the phone for?

Just a few things you need can check!!

Reactions: eddyhiggins

eddyhiggins

Feb 24, 2011

8. check for wake locks

Hope you can help me if I answer many of these points here I go bro.
1. There's is no significant app. I get that battery draining just right the same moment I am flashed (with any application installed)
2. I've fully charge my phone (do you recommend some app to calibrate? I was on 100 % 10 Minutes ago before I started to read your post and answer. Now goes on 87% and draining it's draining 1% per minute)
3. Well always I've lived here and my signal are at top)
4. My screen brightness is in 80% but it doesn't matter if I put it on 40 % it will drain it the same)
5. I'm always checking those background app with battery doctor and clean master. Always has essential in the background Facebook WhatsApp chat apps
6. I don't think I have bad battery. The problem started just the first day I bought the new oem battery .
7. Yeah I am using the genuine charger.
8. I will check the ware lock ( I have to read what are the ware locks)
9. I've been with my phone 1 year .
Thanks for your advise hope you help me a little bit more bro.

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
Hope you can help me if I answer many of these points here I go bro.
1. There's is no significant app. I get that battery draining just right the same moment I am flashed (with any application installed)
2. I've fully charge my phone (do you recommend some app to calibrate? I was on 100 % 10 Minutes ago before I started to read your post and answer. Now goes on 87% and draining it's draining 1% per minute)
3. Well always I've lived here and my signal are at top)
4. My screen brightness is in 80% but it doesn't matter if I put it on 40 % it will drain it the same)
5. I'm always checking those background app with battery doctor and clean master. Always has essential in the background Facebook WhatsApp chat apps
6. I don't think I have bad battery. The problem started just the first day I bought the new oem battery .
7. Yeah I am using the genuine charger.
8. I will check the ware lock ( I have to read what are the ware locks)
9. I've been with my phone 1 year .
Thanks for your advise hope you help me a little bit more bro.

You are most welcome, I am not an expert but I will try to help out with whatever
little knowledge I have and if not me then I am sure some one else will be able
to point out something after looking at our step by step elimination/troubleshooting process!!

Bro can you please explain number 6 again, you said you have this problem the first day you bought
a new OEM battery right? what happened to the previous battery you had?
Some times brand new battery which has been stored in the shop for some time loses it's
charge completely which damages the battery's capability to charge or retain its charge.
We will get to it after you explain what I asked you above. For now I would suggest
the following:

You can try Battery Calibration app by NeMa on play store to rule out battery calibration issue.

10. also please let me know if your phone gets really hot which can also cause a drastic battery drain
also could be damaging to the battery's health.

11. Please tell me what ROM KK/L/MM are you on? if possible give me the version number as well
e.g. I am on V10F.
Also note that Lollipop upgrade had caused a lot of people battery drain and heating issues thats
why I downgraded to KitKat aka V10F after trying multiple Lollipop versions.
I have not tried MM yet!!

eddyhiggins

Feb 24, 2011
Thnanks man

8. check for wake locks

You are most welcome, I am not an expert but I will try to help out with whatever
little knowledge I have and if not me then I am sure some one else will be able
to point out something after looking at our step by step elimination/troubleshooting process!!

Bro can you please explain number 6 again, you said you have this problem the first day you bought
a new OEM battery right? what happened to the previous battery you had?
Some times brand new battery which has been stored in the shop for some time loses it's
charge completely which damages the battery's capability to charge or retain its charge.
We will get to it after you explain what I asked you above. For now I would suggest
the following:

You can try Battery Calibration app by NeMa on play store to rule out battery calibration issue.

10. also please let me know if your phone gets really hot which can also cause a drastic battery drain
also could be damaging to the battery's health.

11. Please tell me what ROM KK/L/MM are you on? if possible give me the version number as well
e.g. I am on V10F.
Also note that Lollipop upgrade had caused a lot of people battery drain and heating issues thats
why I downgraded to KitKat aka V10F after trying multiple Lollipop versions.
I have not tried MM yet!!

Hey bro thanks very much by your advises. I have done the calibration I've turned off my cell phone until it reaches the 100% then turn it on. Hoping this fix the problem.
But no the problem persist I disconnect the phone at 17:00 and now it's the 19:14 and I have only 30% at this draining speed reaches only the 2.5 hours.
My first battery got bricked. My phone started to reboot continuously and changed the percentage from 100% to 40 % and so on.
Until my phone doesn't turned on with the battery else I had to connect it to the charger to turned on.
Well decided to change the battery but at my surprise it stand for 5 hours or more. Well decided to root my phone installed some apps and was great I was on lollipop stock it last 7 hours .
The real problem started just when I installed aroma Rom lollipop and everything was weird for me.
Again decided to install MM stock v30a and the heating was extremely important. I can't charge the phone and use it
. it gets very very hot. Since I installed the MM ...
The charge speed when is charging is very very slow I think is for the overheating I don't know.
Right now I'm in 20% at 19:20 I just have 2 hours since I disconnect my phone from the charger.
Its really disappointing and I feel totally frustrated .
Help me guys ... This is a great phone and I don't want to return to KK

ht_ppc

Nov 12, 2006
After flashing the Rom Zip for whatever reason you want to return to original MM stock
you need to download the KDZ for V30A from LG's website and use the LGUP tool to
go back to stock form. Make sure to backup all apps and data using LG BackUp Tool first on SD card.
Please find the guide in the following link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64624353&postcount=3
I hope you already have the link to download the KDZ file for LG if not then here you go
http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=41

After you have installed the original MM stock Rom you can use the LG backup service to
restore your data and apps.

Go back up a few posts and you will find a post by Artshell with dual sim dialer & messaging app zip!!

Hi,
Just want to make sure, I am still on Lollipop 5.01 rooted with TWRP installed already, do I just flash the pre-rooted rom (30a by Artshell) simply by booting into TWRP recovery mode? Thks in advance^^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Marshmallow v6.0 for LG-D856/857/858/858HK

Decided make new post because need make so much changes!

Known bugs:
    1. Not working 64GB SD cards, smaller cards work perfect
    2. Some users report that Bluetooth not Switch ON over Quick Menu. OFF works. Ovr Sytem menu Bluetooth works (I dont had on my D858HK)
    3. Some users report that camera have so much noise and not all menu options not show up (I dont had on my D858HK)
    4. No connection with android wear clocks (different models reported)

5. USB OTG works, but you cant install at connected device programs, you must copy these to internal disk or sd.

First for all!

1. Make nandroid backup over TWRP
    2. Make backup of any personal information (conact list, SMS, Photos, Music and etc)

If you kill your phone when you make bottom steps then all responsibility goes only for you! My guide is only for knowledge base.

Version: v.6.0
    For models:LG-D856/857/858/858HK

Link to original forum thread

You must have:
    1. Lollipop 5.0.1 installed
    2. Root
    3. TWRP recovery v2.8.5.1

Installation over recovery by zip file
    Wipe data, cache and dalvik!!! Then start install!

1. Install M-856-8.zip on recovery (dont reboot yet!!!)
    2. Install Patch-6.0Mm.zip over recovery <- IT NEEDED FOR WORK WIT DUAL SIM!!!
    3. After install over recovery both zip files make reboot
    4. Before reboot TWRP asks about installation SuperSU, install it with swipe!
    5. After you get working phone on left top corner you see icon that SuperSU need to be updated. Accept it and make choice over PlayStore (Not over recovery!). PlayStore opens and make update
    6. After update SuperSU over PlayStore again SuperSu icon show that it need to be updated over normal or recovery method. This time make choice to recovery and phone itself goes to recovery and make update
    7. If phone going to TWRP and it get start loop, then just pull out battery and start normally phone again. And make previous step (6.) again. With same problem second time just pull out battery, start phone to recovery and install SuperSU v2.46 zip

In this ROM dpi changed (not by me) to 560. Normal is 640. You can change it inside build.prop at 530 to 640, depends at your needs.

All this take about 10 min.

Download
    Download ROM M-856-8.zip
    Download Patch Patch-6.0Mm.zip

Additional stuff
    If you dont have TWRP v2.8.5.1 installed then you can do next:
    1. Download D858_TWRP_2.8.1.0.apk and install it normally
    2. Go to recovery and install update twrp-2.8.5.1_d858-bumped.zip

For unknow reason I uploaded SuperSU v2.46 zip (for insallation over recovery) here too

Service menu can be opened with *#546368#*XXX# (replace XXX with your phone model number)

Please dont make mirrors!

Ask persmission over PM to copy this information! If you like then dont forget :good: Thanks button
    "Bumped" TWRP 2.8.4.0 for D858 (and D858HK)

Hi Friends,

I found a newer version of TWRP (custom recovery) from the Chinese forum again, from here (click me!). It's version 2.8.4.0. I tried "bumping" it using the instructions from this thread: click me!

Here is the file, already "bumped": click me!

Based on the Chinese thread, it was designed for the D857 and D858. I tried it on the D858HK (since I assume that the only difference between D858 and D858HK is the Google Apps already built-in) and it worked!

P.S.: I shared my findings to the appropriate "bump" threads: click me! and me too! to give due credit to its creators.
    My feedback:

Worked fine so far (tried for a week). I personally feel it's better than the stock firmware (Marshmallow) as the Phone and Messaging apps retained the "dual" buttons when making a call or sending SMS. The stock/official Marshmallow firmware no longer retained this feature (that was already there during Lollipop/Kitkat). You will have to "switch SIM" whenever you want to change the SIM card to use for calling/texting.

Plus: if you are coming from Lollipop which you already have (presumably) rooted, with Busybox, and TWRP-installed, you get to retain them. :)
    Phone and Messaging apps with "dual" button for 858НК_30а
    Update for TWRP.
    screenshots: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B99GLucn_oGINkM5OGZfMzFHMjA&usp=sharing
    download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99GLucn_oGIc1d5ZVRld1BSX00/view?usp=sharing
    D858HK Rooting Guide Android Lollipop

HI Friends,

Here's the rooting guide (Android Lollipop) for the D858HK.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/general/guide-update-to-lollipop-root-bumpd-twrp-t3048845

This is based from the procedure in @autoprime's thread of manually flashing the firmware. I just added an extra step from his tutorial to "bump" the boot.img and therefore, keep custom recovery (TWRP) as well.

For those with other LG G3 variants who want to try this, please do share your results, LG G3 variant, and Android version (5.0.1 or 5.0.2).