• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LG G3 D858HK Discussions

Search This thread

AbbasM234

Jul 12, 2013
Dubai
just wonder ... is the xposed module work on 30a MM stock.. as if not mistaken for D855 there is a patch need to flash in order for xpose to work. not sure if D858HK need the same or not....
xposed module working on v30a but there can be bugs on system like weather stopped working after installing xposed same way same procedure to install xposed

Sent from my LG-D858HK using Tapatalk

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
Hey bro thanks very much by your advises. I have done the calibration I've turned off my cell phone until it reaches the 100% then turn it on. Hoping this fix the problem.
But no the problem persist I disconnect the phone at 17:00 and now it's the 19:14 and I have only 30% at this draining speed reaches only the 2.5 hours.
My first battery got bricked. My phone started to reboot continuously and changed the percentage from 100% to 40 % and so on.
Until my phone doesn't turned on with the battery else I had to connect it to the charger to turned on.
Well decided to change the battery but at my surprise it stand for 5 hours or more. Well decided to root my phone installed some apps and was great I was on lollipop stock it last 7 hours .
The real problem started just when I installed aroma Rom lollipop and everything was weird for me.
Again decided to install MM stock v30a and the heating was extremely important. I can't charge the phone and use it
. it gets very very hot. Since I installed the MM ...
The charge speed when is charging is very very slow I think is for the overheating I don't know.
Right now I'm in 20% at 19:20 I just have 2 hours since I disconnect my phone from the charger.
Its really disappointing and I feel totally frustrated .
Help me guys ... This is a great phone and I don't want to return to KK

Bro just for testing and ruling out purposes I would suggest you downgrade to KK which
is V10F. That is what I am using and I love it. Everything works, I only have occasional dialer
freezing issues. Phone stays normal temperature, exposed works great. Why do you even want
to upgrade to MM when it has nothing new/better to offer?
I bought 2 batteries 4080 mAh by a company called Deep Stretch from Amazon with a desktop charger
which easily gives me between one and half to 2 days some times depending on the usage.

So far I think your battery drain issue is due to the excessive heat which is not good for your
phone and battery at the same time so just for testing purposes please downgrade to KK
if that resolves your problem then good enough otherwise you might need to get a new battery,
they are not that expensive, dont even go with OEM, any after market one with good reviews should
work fine like I said I am using Deep Stretch and they are pretty good. Ankar is also a good brand.

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

Any success with that dialer? Did you get rid of the switching active sim stuff?

I didn't get a chance yet, My only issue was that the original dialer would
freeze for me. It won't call a number that I manually put the number in, Any
contact from contacts would still work but the green dial button would
simply become useless!!

I have downloaded the google dialer zip today, hopefully I will flash it in a little bit!!

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Hi,
Just want to make sure, I am still on Lollipop 5.01 rooted with TWRP installed already, do I just flash the pre-rooted rom (30a by Artshell) simply by booting into TWRP recovery mode? Thks in advance^^

Yes, that's all you good to do!!
Please do let us know about your experience!!
All the best!!

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
after flashing this, you will get 2 dialers, select the google dialer

Hello Abbas, I did flash the dailer zip in recovery but nothing happened.
It did not give me google dialer, I have even checked app drawer.

Any success with that dialer? Did you get rid of the switching active sim stuff?

It didn't work so far!! I flashed it but I still have one dialer installed!
I have asked Abbas as you can see above, lets see what he says.

AbbasM234

Jul 12, 2013
Dubai
Hello Abbas, I did flash the dailer zip in recovery but nothing happened.
It did not give me google dialer, I have even checked app drawer.

It didn't work so far!! I flashed it but I still have one dialer installed!
I have asked Abbas as you can see above, lets see what he says.
7b33e2d4c7e2ca0652c486cbdabc0f08.jpg

unfortunately , dialer is for Lollipop and Mm so if u can go with MM then it will work for u see my app drawer! and we can only switch sims in notification centre :)

Reactions: waqasr

silencer1979

Jun 21, 2008
next to Hamburg
unfortunately , dialer is for Lollipop and Mm so if u can go with MM then it will work for u see my app drawer! and we can only switch sims in notification centre :)

Hi Abbas, I also flashed that dialer on MM but I still have to switch sim cards manually.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-26-13-12-10.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-26-13-12-10.png
    156 KB · Views: 98

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
7b33e2d4c7e2ca0652c486cbdabc0f08.jpg

Yes Bro, I figured that out when I tried to install it from play store and it said
your device is not compatible with the software.
NP, Thank you

Hehehe, any known bugfix or workarround?
I even cannot find any voip account settings in dialer settings menue :(

Yes bro there is a workaround it, please go to the following post by ArtShell
and you will find a zip that he made, dialer & messaging app with both dual sim options for MM.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65456392&postcount=870

Please try it out and share your experience with us. If for any reason you can't find
the zip or anything let me know because I downloaded it a few days back just for
safe keeping. All the best!!!

silencer1979

Jun 21, 2008
next to Hamburg
Yes Bro, I figured that out when I tried to install it from play store and it said
your device is not compatible with the software.
NP, Thank you

Yes bro there is a workaround it, please go to the following post by ArtShell
and you will find a zip that he made, dialer & messaging app with both dual sim options for MM.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65456392&postcount=870

Please try it out and share your experience with us. If for any reason you can't find
the zip or anything let me know because I downloaded it a few days back just for
safe keeping. All the best!!!

Thx, this was just the adjustment of two lines in build.prop wasnt it? I just did it...working!!! But phone contacts are not being displayed anymore, just the numbers??

Last edited:

ht_ppc

Nov 12, 2006
Bro just for testing and ruling out purposes I would suggest you downgrade to KK which
is V10F. That is what I am using and I love it. Everything works, I only have occasional dialer
freezing issues. Phone stays normal temperature, exposed works great. Why do you even want
I bought 2 batteries 4080 mAh by a company called Deep Stretch from Amazon with a desktop charger
which easily gives me between one and half to 2 days some times depending on the usage.

So far I think your battery drain issue is due to the excessive heat which is not good for your
phone and battery at the same time so just for testing purposes please downgrade to KK
if that resolves your problem then good enough otherwise you might need to get a new battery,
they are not that expensive, dont even go with OEM, any after market one with good reviews should
work fine like I said I am using Deep Stretch and they are pretty good. Ankar is also a good brand.

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

simply become useless!!

I have downloaded the google dialer zip today, hopefully I will flash it in a little bit!!

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

All the best!!

Thks^^, I am still thinking if I want to flash this zip or upgrade to the original stock marshmallow, since I am not really sure if this pre-rooted zip is good, stable and secure.

If I unroot my current lollipop by using superuser and uninstall TWRP, do you think I could get OTA?
or
If I flash the original kdz by using LGUP directly without unroot and unistall TWRP, can I retain my data through the flashing process?

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
Thks^^, I am still thinking if I want to flash this zip or upgrade to the original stock marshmallow, since I am not really sure if this pre-rooted zip is good, stable and secure.

If I unroot my current lollipop by using superuser and uninstall TWRP, do you think I could get OTA?
or
If I flash the original kdz by using LGUP directly without unroot and unistall TWRP, can I retain my data through the flashing process?

Answering all your 3 questions!

1. This Pre-Rooted Zip is made out of original V30A so it is probably as good, stable and secure!!

2. If you had gotten the Lollipop upgrade by OTA then there is a good chance you will get MM
upgrade as well but keep in mind that may take a while!!

3. According the what others have mentioned in the forums here, you can retain your date through
the flashing process. I have seen at least 2 people post there stating they used this method and
retained their data. Please go back and see who are they and you can ask them directly for
verification.

Another thing you can do is, backup your data with LG backUp software and restore it once you
you upgrade or clean install MM!! I can confirm that I was able to do that going from KK to
clean installing Lollipop and being able to restore apps/data/settings from the LG BackUp App!!

If I have helped you, please hit the thanks button!! Blessings!!

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Thx, this was just the adjustment of two lines in build.prop wasnt it? I just did it...working!!! But phone contacts are not being displayed anymore, just the numbers??

most welcome, Yes 2 lines will do the trick or you can simply flash the zip!
Don't forget to Hit thanks button for ArtShell since he made it!!

eddyhiggins

Feb 24, 2011

simply become useless!!

All the best!!

Bro thanks a lot for your advises.
I don't want to renuncieate to MM sorry. I wanna find the solution for?my cell phone. So I installed better battery stats and I will upload a photo of you can help me. You will see a Wifi at 100% but I never use Wifi only my data plan. So this is the photo. You will tell me if?need more screenshots.

Attachments

• 1456594856174.jpg
    1456594856174.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 1456594878231.jpg
    1456594878231.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 110

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
Bro thanks a lot for your advises.
I don't want to renuncieate to MM sorry. I wanna find the solution for?my cell phone. So I installed better battery stats and I will upload a photo of you can help me. You will see a Wifi at 100% but I never use Wifi only my data plan. So this is the photo. You will tell me if?need more screenshots.

Hmm I am trying to what understand you!!
You said you don't use wifi but according to the stats it shows that
wifi has been used 100% of the time. You have it turned off?
There are some other options under wifi please go and check them out as well.
It's better to use wifi than your mobile data because wifi is easy on battery!!

1. first thing first, check your wifi and see if its turned on or not!!

2. if its turned off then turn it on and use it to see if that helps your battery

3. Also check if your phone is still getting hot or not!!

4. you have not answered some of my questions, why did you buy this battery?

5. Where did you buy this battery and do you still have time to return it?

6. In my entire life I have only once a mobile battery fail on me, I don't
change cell phones very often so I am shocked why did your first battery died.
There is a good reason that heat is killing your cell phones battery.

8. Lollipop for LG G3 had heating issues and many people suffered due to it
just google search this and you will find out!! why not test KK just for
ruling out this possibility?? why be stubborn about it?

7. If I have helped you some way to troubleshoot please hit the thanks button!!

Last edited:
Reactions: eddyhiggins

eddyhiggins

Feb 24, 2011
Hmm I am trying to what understand you!!
You said you don't use wifi but according to the stats it shows that
wifi has been used 100% of the time. You have it turned off?
There are some other options under wifi please go and check them out as well.
It's better to use wifi than your mobile data because wifi is easy on battery!!

1. first thing first, check your wifi and see if its turned on or not!!

2. if its turned off then turn it on and use it to see if that helps your battery

3. Also check if your phone is still getting hot or not!!

4. you have not answered some of my questions, why did you buy this battery?

5. Where did you buy this battery and do you still have time to return it?

6. In my entire life I have only once a mobile battery fail on me, I don't
change cell phones very often so I am shocked why did your first battery died.
There is a good reason that heat is killing your cell phones battery.

8. Lollipop for LG G3 had heating issues and many people suffered due to it
just google search this and you will find out!! why not test KK just for
ruling out this possibility?? why be stubborn about it?

7. If I have helped you some way to troubleshoot please hit the thanks button!!

I forgot to answer some questions I will amswer them 1 by 1 so you won't get lost on many paragraph.

1. The Wifi is turned off but keep saying it's turned on.

2. I can't use Wifi cause I don't have how to acces Wifi from here. My data plan is 950 Gb per month.

3. Yes it's still getting hot I'm triying to get termal paste to apply the tweak on the processor .

4. The first one died the with this symptoms:
4.1 it started to reboot continuously
4.2 changed from 100% to 10 % in seconds.
4.3 started do a bootloop if I turned the phone
4.4 arrived the moment that if I don't connected
The charger the phone didn't boot
4.5 so the charge of?the battery always shows. that is at 99% even now after two months of desuse. Yesterday I put that old battery and when I connect the charger shows that it's on 99% and when I turned without the charger begin the boot loop. Its over when I connect it?to the charger.
4.6 I decided to buy another one and good bye the boot loop . so my conclusition was that the old battery died.

5 I can't return this battery I bought it on Mercadolibre a site like eBay or Amazon here in latinoamerica so the seller will tell me that it's a problem with the phone and not?from my battery.

6. There must be the heating kill my batterys. I live in Colombia especificly on the carribean coast so you must know how heat is the weather here . and the phone gets really hot that's why I want to put thermal paste to the processor.

7. I forgot to click thanks but I did do it right now sorry bro.

8. Because I don't like KK i like a lot the material design and the UI of marshmallow.

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
I forgot to answer some questions I will amswer them 1 by 1 so you won't get lost on many paragraph.

1. The Wifi is turned off but keep saying it's turned on.

2. I can't use Wifi cause I don't have how to acces Wifi from here. My data plan is 950 Gb per month.

3. Yes it's still getting hot I'm triying to get termal paste to apply the tweak on the processor .

4. The first one died the with this symptoms:
4.1 it started to reboot continuously
4.2 changed from 100% to 10 % in seconds.
4.3 started do a bootloop if I turned the phone
4.4 arrived the moment that if I don't connected
The charger the phone didn't boot
4.5 so the charge of?the battery always shows. that is at 99% even now after two months of desuse. Yesterday I put that old battery and when I connect the charger shows that it's on 99% and when I turned without the charger begin the boot loop. Its over when I connect it?to the charger.
4.6 I decided to buy another one and good bye the boot loop . so my conclusition was that the old battery died.

5 I can't return this battery I bought it on Mercadolibre a site like eBay or Amazon here in latinoamerica so the seller will tell me that it's a problem with the phone and not?from my battery.

6. There must be the heating kill my batterys. I live in Colombia especificly on the carribean coast so you must know how heat is the weather here . and the phone gets really hot that's why I want to put thermal paste to the processor.

7. I forgot to click thanks but I did do it right now sorry bro.

8. Because I don't like KK i like a lot the material design and the UI of marshmallow.

Hmm okay let see

1. what Rom are you using? V30a or V30b?

2. what method did you use to upgrade?

3. Was it an upgrade or clean install?

4. If your wifi is being used even though its turned of then there must be an issue
with either your Rom or maybe your hardware. Unless You try another Rom, we will
not be able to rule out if its a Rom issue or hardware issue.

5. Heat kills battery that is a known fact, your first battery died from it and now you
are having issues with the second one. If you are using a cover take it off for a charge
cycle to see if that helps. My Aunt also has same LG G3 with Lollipop and believe you
me her phone runs hot too and she always complains her battery doesnt last half a day
where I am on KK easily doing 1.5 to 2 days with moderate use. I do have 4080mAh battery
but even with original battery I was doing at least 1.5 days.

6. Some times I visit another city where I am mostly on my data plan and for some reason
my phone runs a little hotter then usual and I don't get good battery time while I am there.

7. What Data connection do you use? 3G/4G/LTE? IF your plan or carrier only offers 3G
then you should from settings limit it to 3G only and see if that helps. Even if its 4G or LTE
limit it to 3G just for testing purposes for a full battery charge run.

At this point I personally think no matter how much you hate KK just try it out for testing
purposes, just for a few days to rule out if its a software/Rom issue or not!! MM just came
out for our phone and you know it is bound to carry some bugs, give it some time to adjust
and people to fix it!! You just can not simply keep killing your batteries just because you
dont like the UI etc etc. You can you can always change the UI by trying a different launcher
and installing a custom theme?

eddyhiggins

Feb 24, 2011
Hmm okay let see

1. what Rom are you using? V30a or V30b?

2. what method did you use to upgrade?

3. Was it an upgrade or clean install?

4. If your wifi is being used even though its turned of then there must be an issue
with either your Rom or maybe your hardware. Unless You try another Rom, we will
not be able to rule out if its a Rom issue or hardware issue.

5. Heat kills battery that is a known fact, your first battery died from it and now you
are having issues with the second one. If you are using a cover take it off for a charge
cycle to see if that helps. My Aunt also has same LG G3 with Lollipop and believe you
me her phone runs hot too and she always complains her battery doesnt last half a day
where I am on KK easily doing 1.5 to 2 days with moderate use. I do have 4080mAh battery
but even with original battery I was doing at least 1.5 days.

6. Some times I visit another city where I am mostly on my data plan and for some reason
my phone runs a little hotter then usual and I don't get good battery time while I am there.

7. What Data connection do you use? 3G/4G/LTE? IF your plan or carrier only offers 3G
then you should from settings limit it to 3G only and see if that helps. Even if its 4G or LTE
limit it to 3G just for testing purposes for a full battery charge run.

At this point I personally think no matter how much you hate KK just try it out for testing
purposes, just for a few days to rule out if its a software/Rom issue or not!! MM just came
out for our phone and you know it is bound to carry some bugs, give it some time to adjust
and people to fix it!! You just can not simply keep killing your batteries just because you
dont like the UI etc etc. You can you can always change the UI by trying a different launcher
and installing a custom theme?

Hello bro.
Again thank you so much.

1. I'm using the v30a is there some bugs with this Rom.???

2. I used the twrp method.

3. I think there was a clean install this was my procedure.
Before flash I wiped cache. Dalvid cache.
And data.
After flashing I wiped cache and dalvid
Cache.
I suppose this was a clean install.

4. I will consider trying the v30b if the problem continues I will download a KK. But the same problem is when I boot in safe mode. The draining is the same.

5. I will try this right now I'm charging it witout the cover. The rare thing is that tonight I started to download some things I was on 56% and let it downloading. A few weeks ago in the morning I found my phone turned on with about 10% off but now it's totally turned off.
It was on 3% well started to charge the phone in the shut down but when it was in 29% I decided turn it on and the rare thing is that is on 56%. I can't understand this. So I started to use connected and instead of continue charging it?changed?from 56 to 55 % I mean is not charging even is plugged in.

6. I put the airplane mode but it's the same draining speed.

7. I used 4g/3g/2g automatic but when I saw this draining issue I put in only 3g. But this doesn't solve the problem.

8. I will try other MM Rom like 30b. I know it's for?testing purposes but after the 30b of?the problem continue I will try the KK.
I don't like the launcher even the nova launcher is ugly for me .

Thank you very much my friend.
By the way now I'm on 54% connected to the charger it was a false charge .????? I mean skip from 29 to 56 ????

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
Hello bro.
Again thank you so much.

1. I'm using the v30a is there some bugs with this Rom.???

2. I used the twrp method.

3. I think there was a clean install this was my procedure.
Before flash I wiped cache. Dalvid cache.
And data.
After flashing I wiped cache and dalvid
Cache.
I suppose this was a clean install.

4. I will consider trying the v30b if the problem continues I will download a KK. But the same problem is when I boot in safe mode. The draining is the same.

5. I will try this right now I'm charging it witout the cover. The rare thing is that tonight I started to download some things I was on 56% and let it downloading. A few weeks ago in the morning I found my phone turned on with about 10% off but now it's totally turned off.
It was on 3% well started to charge the phone in the shut down but when it was in 29% I decided turn it on and the rare thing is that is on 56%. I can't understand this. So I started to use connected and instead of continue charging it?changed?from 56 to 55 % I mean is not charging even is plugged in.

6. I put the airplane mode but it's the same draining speed.

7. I used 4g/3g/2g automatic but when I saw this draining issue I put in only 3g. But this doesn't solve the problem.

8. I will try other MM Rom like 30b. I know it's for?testing purposes but after the 30b of?the problem continue I will try the KK.
I don't like the launcher even the nova launcher is ugly for me .

Thank you very much my friend.
By the way now I'm on 54% connected to the charger it was a false charge .????? I mean skip from 29 to 56 ????

Bro, I am in Pakistan and electricity over here is very unstable so I had the same issue once
my phone stopped charging!! I would leave it on charge for hours but it would stay at 60% charge.
After a lot of troubleshooting I found out my charging cable was bad. I hope same is not the case
with you.
You had the same issue in Lollipop and now MM right? Plus same happens when you are in safe mode
maybe some firmware issue. well this plan looks good. Please try V30B and then KK.
All the best!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Marshmallow v6.0 for LG-D856/857/858/858HK

Decided make new post because need make so much changes!

Known bugs:
    1. Not working 64GB SD cards, smaller cards work perfect
    2. Some users report that Bluetooth not Switch ON over Quick Menu. OFF works. Ovr Sytem menu Bluetooth works (I dont had on my D858HK)
    3. Some users report that camera have so much noise and not all menu options not show up (I dont had on my D858HK)
    4. No connection with android wear clocks (different models reported)

5. USB OTG works, but you cant install at connected device programs, you must copy these to internal disk or sd.

First for all!

1. Make nandroid backup over TWRP
    2. Make backup of any personal information (conact list, SMS, Photos, Music and etc)

If you kill your phone when you make bottom steps then all responsibility goes only for you! My guide is only for knowledge base.

Version: v.6.0
    For models:LG-D856/857/858/858HK

Link to original forum thread

You must have:
    1. Lollipop 5.0.1 installed
    2. Root
    3. TWRP recovery v2.8.5.1

Installation over recovery by zip file
    Wipe data, cache and dalvik!!! Then start install!

1. Install M-856-8.zip on recovery (dont reboot yet!!!)
    2. Install Patch-6.0Mm.zip over recovery <- IT NEEDED FOR WORK WIT DUAL SIM!!!
    3. After install over recovery both zip files make reboot
    4. Before reboot TWRP asks about installation SuperSU, install it with swipe!
    5. After you get working phone on left top corner you see icon that SuperSU need to be updated. Accept it and make choice over PlayStore (Not over recovery!). PlayStore opens and make update
    6. After update SuperSU over PlayStore again SuperSu icon show that it need to be updated over normal or recovery method. This time make choice to recovery and phone itself goes to recovery and make update
    7. If phone going to TWRP and it get start loop, then just pull out battery and start normally phone again. And make previous step (6.) again. With same problem second time just pull out battery, start phone to recovery and install SuperSU v2.46 zip

In this ROM dpi changed (not by me) to 560. Normal is 640. You can change it inside build.prop at 530 to 640, depends at your needs.

All this take about 10 min.

Download
    Download ROM M-856-8.zip
    Download Patch Patch-6.0Mm.zip

Additional stuff
    If you dont have TWRP v2.8.5.1 installed then you can do next:
    1. Download D858_TWRP_2.8.1.0.apk and install it normally
    2. Go to recovery and install update twrp-2.8.5.1_d858-bumped.zip

For unknow reason I uploaded SuperSU v2.46 zip (for insallation over recovery) here too

Service menu can be opened with *#546368#*XXX# (replace XXX with your phone model number)

Please dont make mirrors!

Ask persmission over PM to copy this information! If you like then dont forget :good: Thanks button
    "Bumped" TWRP 2.8.4.0 for D858 (and D858HK)

Hi Friends,

I found a newer version of TWRP (custom recovery) from the Chinese forum again, from here (click me!). It's version 2.8.4.0. I tried "bumping" it using the instructions from this thread: click me!

Here is the file, already "bumped": click me!

Based on the Chinese thread, it was designed for the D857 and D858. I tried it on the D858HK (since I assume that the only difference between D858 and D858HK is the Google Apps already built-in) and it worked!

P.S.: I shared my findings to the appropriate "bump" threads: click me! and me too! to give due credit to its creators.
    My feedback:

Worked fine so far (tried for a week). I personally feel it's better than the stock firmware (Marshmallow) as the Phone and Messaging apps retained the "dual" buttons when making a call or sending SMS. The stock/official Marshmallow firmware no longer retained this feature (that was already there during Lollipop/Kitkat). You will have to "switch SIM" whenever you want to change the SIM card to use for calling/texting.

Plus: if you are coming from Lollipop which you already have (presumably) rooted, with Busybox, and TWRP-installed, you get to retain them. :)
    Phone and Messaging apps with "dual" button for 858НК_30а
    Update for TWRP.
    screenshots: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B99GLucn_oGINkM5OGZfMzFHMjA&usp=sharing
    download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99GLucn_oGIc1d5ZVRld1BSX00/view?usp=sharing
    D858HK Rooting Guide Android Lollipop

HI Friends,

Here's the rooting guide (Android Lollipop) for the D858HK.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/general/guide-update-to-lollipop-root-bumpd-twrp-t3048845

This is based from the procedure in @autoprime's thread of manually flashing the firmware. I just added an extra step from his tutorial to "bump" the boot.img and therefore, keep custom recovery (TWRP) as well.

For those with other LG G3 variants who want to try this, please do share your results, LG G3 variant, and Android version (5.0.1 or 5.0.2).