• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG G3 D858HK Discussions

Search This thread

topet2k12001

Apr 22, 2013
Metro Manila
With LGUP i can flash only .tot file

Hi @dinamo1975,

Some notes about LGUP:

1. If you choose "Refurbish", the only selection will be .tot
2. If you choose "Upgrade", the .kdz selection will be available (as well as .tot)

Therefore: if you are flashing a .kdz file, select "Upgrade" even if you are downgrading to a lower version of Android. This will allow you to select the .kdz file. After that, you can now select "Refurbish".

Reactions: dinamo1975

dinamo1975

Oct 27, 2012
Bucharest
Hi @dinamo1975,

Some notes about LGUP:

1. If you choose "Refurbish", the only selection will be .tot
2. If you choose "Upgrade", the .kdz selection will be available (as well as .tot)

Therefore: if you are flashing a .kdz file, select "Upgrade" even if you are downgrading to a lower version of Android. This will allow you to select the .kdz file. After that, you can now select "Refurbish".

Thank you for a good explanation!

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
I will test the carbon Rom. I?have some questions. Is?it true that in this roms I can't use xposed . I like a lot xposed that's why I'm standing in stock roms . CM 12 have issues with Wi-Fi . can you give me some screenshot of the carbon Rom in the LG g3. I?don't know how it looks. Thanks. Is it true that I have to do a complete flash wiping system. Cache. And dslvid cache

*** Here is the fix for Wifi for CM 12 that I found in the forums ***
*** This is a fix for changing the wifi Mac address 2 the correct one ***

I can confirm this rim changes your MAC, and we all have the same wifi MAC.
In order to fix it persistent through reboot.
1. Use a root explorer app with root permissions.
2. Navigate to system\etc\wifi
3. Open bmcmhd.cal with a text editor.
4. Change the mac address listed and save
5. Profit

*** Now about Carbon Rom ***

No, It's not true. I was able to install and use Xposed on Carbon Rom.
Let me know if you need help I will guide you how to install it.

I didn't try CM12 but I did install Carbon Rom and liked it a lot.
I am attaching a screenshot for you, give it a shot and see if you like it.
Maybe your heating issue will be resolved, Make sure you calibrate
your battery after your install Carbon Rom.
Yes it is true you will have to do a full wipe so make sure you backup
everything before you proceed!!

Attachments

• 2016-03-08.jpg
    2016-03-08.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 212

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
I'm a little confused this Rom for my d858hk weight only 273 mb. I mean all Rom a downloaded till now weight more than 1 gb

I think you are talking about Carbon Rom right?
Carbon Rom is based on CM and if you check CM for most
devices the size is between 250MB - 300MB so don't worry about it.

Even my previous phone which was HTC one M7, The original Rom was 1.2GB
but all the custom roms based on CM were more or less between 250MB - 500MB
depending on whats included!!

Another reason why the Rom size is so small because GApps are not included
so after you flash Carbon Rom please also flash GApps.
You can download GApps from the following link:
https://opengapps.github.io/opengapps/
Choose: Plateform -> ARM, Android -> 5.1, Variant -> Pico (This only contains play store so u can download
whatever u like minus the junk)

Go ahead and give it a shot, you wont regret it!!

Reactions: eddyhiggins

eddyhiggins

Feb 24, 2011
I think you are talking about Carbon Rom right?
Carbon Rom is based on CM and if you check CM for most
devices the size is between 250MB - 300MB so don't worry about it.

Even my previous phone which was HTC one M7, The original Rom was 1.2GB
but all the custom roms based on CM were more or less between 250MB - 500MB
depending on whats included!!

Another reason why the Rom size is so small because GApps are not included
so after you flash Carbon Rom please also flash GApps.
You can download GApps from the following link:
https://opengapps.github.io/opengapps/
Choose: Plateform -> ARM, Android -> 5.1, Variant -> Pico (This only contains play store so u can download

Go ahead and give it a shot, you wont regret it!!

Wao Man you are really inside this ... My respect if all for you.
Well I think I'm gonna take the carbon Rom. Another question I use always the quick remote. LG backup. Knock code too. But in the list I don't see any of them.

S.Reza

Mar 8, 2016
Islamabad
Downloaded Lg Flash Tool 2014, Marshmallow 6.0 V30a and Lg drivers for my D858HK... But i searched google and saw there is Marshmallow 6.0 V30b available.... Confused which one to install, currently on 4.4.2.. Please help....

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
Wao Man you are really inside this ... My respect if all for you.
Well I think I'm gonna take the carbon Rom. Another question I use always the quick remote. LG backup. Knock code too. But in the list I don't see any of them.

Brother I am not sure since I have never used LG Quick Remote or the knock Code.
Maybe you can backup Quick Remote via Titanium Backup and try to restore it
in Carbon Rom but there is a chance it won't work in Carbon Rom but you can
give it a shot. Knock Code is only specific to LG's own favor of the Rom so maybe
you can find something similar on play store!

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Downloaded Lg Flash Tool 2014, Marshmallow 6.0 V30a and Lg drivers for my D858HK... But i searched google and saw there is Marshmallow 6.0 V30b available.... Confused which one to install, currently on 4.4.2.. Please help....

Under Hong Kong region I only see V30A so I would recommend you stick to it!!

sameh86

Dec 17, 2015
Giza
hi guys i'm having a problem my phone sometimes it charges like forever (sometimes 5-6 hours) what could be the problem???? i'm on v30a and reset the phone recently and still have this problem can anyone help me????

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
hi guys i'm having a problem my phone sometimes it charges like forever (sometimes 5-6 hours) what could be the problem???? i'm on v30a and reset the phone recently and still have this problem can anyone help me????

I tried Rooted 6.0 Zip and reverted back to KK in less than half an hour.
I think it's plagued with problems. I kept losing my signals, that's when I
decided I wanted to revert back.
I had charging issue once, I think there was power surge when my phone
was being charged, My phone was under warranty at that time so I changed
my charger the issue remained, I changed my battery the issue remained, and
then I changed the USB cable of my charger which resolved the issue.
You will have try all the above one by one to troubleshoot and hopefully
resolve your issue as well.

Start with:

1. First try to replace the charger's USB cable.

2. Try another charger altogether.

3. if you phone is rooted, try battery calibration tool and see if that helps.

4. If all the above fails, Try to revert back to KK or Lollipop and see if that resolves your issue.

For now try the above and then lets determine what to test next!!

sameh86

Dec 17, 2015
Giza
I tried Rooted 6.0 Zip and reverted back to KK in less than half an hour.
I think it's plagued with problems. I kept losing my signals, that's when I
decided I wanted to revert back.
I had charging issue once, I think there was power surge when my phone
was being charged, My phone was under warranty at that time so I changed
my charger the issue remained, I changed my battery the issue remained, and
then I changed the USB cable of my charger which resolved the issue.
You will have try all the above one by one to troubleshoot and hopefully
resolve your issue as well.

Start with:

1. First try to replace the charger's USB cable.

2. Try another charger altogether.

3. if you phone is rooted, try battery calibration tool and see if that helps.

4. If all the above fails, Try to revert back to KK or Lollipop and see if that resolves your issue.

For now try the above and then lets determine what to test next!!

thank you but i used to have normal charging time after marshmallowing the phone about a month ago and it (the phone) started to do so about a week-10 days ago and if i'm having wifi open while charging it can take 4-5 hours to fully charge and my phone is operating for just less that 3 months so probably the problem of the charger is not existent and i can't bring official accessories so what should i do???

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
thank you but i used to have normal charging time after marshmallowing the phone about a month ago and it (the phone) started to do so about a week-10 days ago and if i'm having wifi open while charging it can take 4-5 hours to fully charge and my phone is operating for just less that 3 months so probably the problem of the charger is not existent and i can't bring official accessories so what should i do???

I told you I had the same issue I had not upgraded or tried any Rom at that time.
I was on KitKat and all of a sudden phone kept charging for hours and hours but
the counter remained at 69%. I tried the steps I mentioned to you in my previous
post and my issue got resolved. If you are not willing to troubleshoot or try the
steps I asked you to try then maybe some other member can help you!
All the best!!!

Reactions: S.Reza

S.Reza

Mar 8, 2016
Islamabad
Gapps version???

One more thing to ask before i flash my LG G3 D858HK. Which version of Gapps should i flash on my phone as i am upgrading to MM. i searched Open Gapps and found many versions there. It has different platforms like ARM, ARM64 etc and varients like Aroma, Stock, Full, Mini, Pico etc.
Please help which Gapps version will suit with Marshmallow 6.0 V30a on LG G3 D858HK dual sim???

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
One more thing to ask before i flash my LG G3 D858HK. Which version of Gapps should i flash on my phone as i am upgrading to MM. i searched Open Gapps and found many versions there. It has different platforms like ARM, ARM64 etc and varients like Aroma, Stock, Full, Mini, Pico etc.
Please help which Gapps version will suit with Marshmallow 6.0 V30a on LG G3 D858HK dual sim???

You don't need GApps for any of the official LG versions, GApps are already included.
You only need GApps if you flash a custom Rom like CM or Carbon Rom!!
Let me also guide you about GApps just in case if you feel like trying a custom Rom.

Choose: Platform -> ARM, Android -> 5.1, Variant -> Pico (This only contains play store only so u can download
PICO is minimum packaged and Aroma has everything(it lets you choose when you flash it).
Android: if its KK go for 4.0, L go for 50/5.1, MM go for 60.

Last edited:

S.Reza

Mar 8, 2016
Islamabad
Marshmallow 6.0 (V30a)??

Thanks for help,
I downloaded Marshmallow 6.0(V30a).KDZ from LG website and LG Flashtool with LGunitedmobile drivers. All these were guided on xda developers.
Now given the info, can you please confirm me that this is Official LG version??? If it is official i will not need Gapps or anything else like Root tool etc...
I never updated any phone before manually. That's why getting confused at small steps:)
Please help

You don't need GApps for any of the official LG versions, GApps are already included.
You only need GApps if you flash a custom Rom like CM or Carbon Rom!!
Let me also guide you about GApps just in case if you feel like trying a custom Rom.

Choose: Platform -> ARM, Android -> 5.1, Variant -> Pico (This only contains play store only so u can download
PICO is minimum packaged and Aroma has everything(it lets you choose when you flash it).
Android: if its KK go for 4.0, L go for 50/5.1, MM go for 60.

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
Thanks for help,
I downloaded Marshmallow 6.0(V30a).KDZ from LG website and LG Flashtool with LGunitedmobile drivers. All these were guided on xda developers.
Now given the info, can you please confirm me that this is Official LG version??? If it is official i will not need Gapps or anything else like Root tool etc...
I never updated any phone before manually. That's why getting confused at small steps:)
Please help

Yes, GApps are included in V30A which is an official LG release so don't worry.
You can try and use the LG Flash Tool as well but some people reported having
issues installing MM V30A via LG Flash Tool so it's recommended you try LGUP
tool to flash V30A onto your phone.
For further instructions please check out the following link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64624353&postcount=3
(please do hit the thanks button for the person ^ who wrote the guide as well)

S.Reza

Mar 8, 2016
Islamabad
Flashed Android M 6.0....

Thanks a lot for the help.
Flashed my phone to Marshmallow 6.0 V30a using LGUP tool. It was easy. and the good thing is i am enjoying the new software a lot. Very smooth and stable....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Marshmallow v6.0 for LG-D856/857/858/858HK

Decided make new post because need make so much changes!

Known bugs:
    1. Not working 64GB SD cards, smaller cards work perfect
    2. Some users report that Bluetooth not Switch ON over Quick Menu. OFF works. Ovr Sytem menu Bluetooth works (I dont had on my D858HK)
    3. Some users report that camera have so much noise and not all menu options not show up (I dont had on my D858HK)
    4. No connection with android wear clocks (different models reported)

5. USB OTG works, but you cant install at connected device programs, you must copy these to internal disk or sd.

First for all!

1. Make nandroid backup over TWRP
    2. Make backup of any personal information (conact list, SMS, Photos, Music and etc)

If you kill your phone when you make bottom steps then all responsibility goes only for you! My guide is only for knowledge base.

Version: v.6.0
    For models:LG-D856/857/858/858HK

Link to original forum thread

You must have:
    1. Lollipop 5.0.1 installed
    2. Root
    3. TWRP recovery v2.8.5.1

Installation over recovery by zip file
    Wipe data, cache and dalvik!!! Then start install!

1. Install M-856-8.zip on recovery (dont reboot yet!!!)
    2. Install Patch-6.0Mm.zip over recovery <- IT NEEDED FOR WORK WIT DUAL SIM!!!
    3. After install over recovery both zip files make reboot
    4. Before reboot TWRP asks about installation SuperSU, install it with swipe!
    5. After you get working phone on left top corner you see icon that SuperSU need to be updated. Accept it and make choice over PlayStore (Not over recovery!). PlayStore opens and make update
    6. After update SuperSU over PlayStore again SuperSu icon show that it need to be updated over normal or recovery method. This time make choice to recovery and phone itself goes to recovery and make update
    7. If phone going to TWRP and it get start loop, then just pull out battery and start normally phone again. And make previous step (6.) again. With same problem second time just pull out battery, start phone to recovery and install SuperSU v2.46 zip

In this ROM dpi changed (not by me) to 560. Normal is 640. You can change it inside build.prop at 530 to 640, depends at your needs.

All this take about 10 min.

Download
    Download ROM M-856-8.zip
    Download Patch Patch-6.0Mm.zip

Additional stuff
    If you dont have TWRP v2.8.5.1 installed then you can do next:
    1. Download D858_TWRP_2.8.1.0.apk and install it normally
    2. Go to recovery and install update twrp-2.8.5.1_d858-bumped.zip

For unknow reason I uploaded SuperSU v2.46 zip (for insallation over recovery) here too

Service menu can be opened with *#546368#*XXX# (replace XXX with your phone model number)

Please dont make mirrors!

Ask persmission over PM to copy this information! If you like then dont forget :good: Thanks button
    "Bumped" TWRP 2.8.4.0 for D858 (and D858HK)

Hi Friends,

I found a newer version of TWRP (custom recovery) from the Chinese forum again, from here (click me!). It's version 2.8.4.0. I tried "bumping" it using the instructions from this thread: click me!

Here is the file, already "bumped": click me!

Based on the Chinese thread, it was designed for the D857 and D858. I tried it on the D858HK (since I assume that the only difference between D858 and D858HK is the Google Apps already built-in) and it worked!

P.S.: I shared my findings to the appropriate "bump" threads: click me! and me too! to give due credit to its creators.
    My feedback:

Worked fine so far (tried for a week). I personally feel it's better than the stock firmware (Marshmallow) as the Phone and Messaging apps retained the "dual" buttons when making a call or sending SMS. The stock/official Marshmallow firmware no longer retained this feature (that was already there during Lollipop/Kitkat). You will have to "switch SIM" whenever you want to change the SIM card to use for calling/texting.

Plus: if you are coming from Lollipop which you already have (presumably) rooted, with Busybox, and TWRP-installed, you get to retain them. :)
    Phone and Messaging apps with "dual" button for 858НК_30а
    Update for TWRP.
    screenshots: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B99GLucn_oGINkM5OGZfMzFHMjA&usp=sharing
    download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99GLucn_oGIc1d5ZVRld1BSX00/view?usp=sharing
    D858HK Rooting Guide Android Lollipop

HI Friends,

Here's the rooting guide (Android Lollipop) for the D858HK.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/general/guide-update-to-lollipop-root-bumpd-twrp-t3048845

This is based from the procedure in @autoprime's thread of manually flashing the firmware. I just added an extra step from his tutorial to "bump" the boot.img and therefore, keep custom recovery (TWRP) as well.

For those with other LG G3 variants who want to try this, please do share your results, LG G3 variant, and Android version (5.0.1 or 5.0.2).