LG G3 Keyboard for CM/AOSP ROMs

Search This thread

panos_ts

Dec 24, 2010
Athens
Hi everyone,

I've been using non-stock ROMs for quite a while and I was always flashing LG keyboards, cause I find them really handy to use.
I had asked in the Official CM13's thread, if anyone had known a compatible LG keyboard, but no one had answered.

After some search, I found this thread, and after flashing the keyboard I found out that it works flawlessly with CM13 (latest nightly) for my G2, too. Of course I take no responsibility for any kind of problem that might occur during/after flashing the .zip, as I said it works just fine with my G2.

All credits should be given to @siankatabg who made the .zip, all I did was just search G3's forum and test if it works.

Hope this helped anyone looking to flash a LG keyboard to his/her CM13 based ROM. If the thread is against the rules, I'd like to apologize in advance, and mods, feel free to delete it.

Last edited:

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
It works on g2 too, that's nice, but should work on other cm/aosp roms. :)

Can you please change the title when someone report that the Keyboard works on other roms than cm13, so I don't need to make a new thread here :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cyberman5145

Jun 17, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've been using non-stock ROMs for quite a while and I was always flashing LG keyboards, cause I find them really handy to use.
I had asked in the Official CM13's thread, if anyone had known a compatible LG keyboard, but no one had answered.

After some search, I found this thread, and after flashing the keyboard I found out that it works flawlessly with CM13 (latest nightly) for my G2, too. Of course I take no responsibility for any kind of problem that might occur during/after flashing the .zip, as I said it works just fine with my G2.

All credits should be given to @siankatabg who made the .zip, all I did was just search G3's forum and test if it works.

Hope this helped anyone looking to flash a LG keyboard to his/her CM13 based ROM. If the thread is against the rules, I'd like to apologize in advance, and mods, feel free to delete it.
Hi any idea if this works with RR nougat build on LG G2 D802???

Cyberman5145

Jun 17, 2014
well... why don't you check it your self and than report to all off us instead of just asking about it? :)
Well said however get twrp to work for me was a hell of a job and fear if would end up bricking my device. Just trying to be careful on this.

Better to learn from mistakes of others than to make one yourself.

I am not a developer and not sure of how to set my device back to normal may god forbid if I end up messing it up.

Hope this clarifies my question above

sakej

Jan 24, 2010
Poznań
Well said however get twrp to work for me was a hell of a job and fear if would end up bricking my device. Just trying to be careful on this.

Better to learn from mistakes of others than to make one yourself.

I am not a developer and not sure of how to set my device back to normal may god forbid if I end up messing it up.

Hope this clarifies my question above

well... If you already have TWRP installed, do a nandroid backup and if anything goes wrong just recover form it, there is no way that just flashing this will brick your phone beyond recovery point, and even if in some way recovery got corrupted there's always a way, you can just run download mode and flash KDZ with stock rom using flash tool 2014. Anyway I went ahead and tried it myself on Lineage 14.1 ( Android 7.1.1.) and it doesn't work, I mean i did flash it and it seems that everything went well but after reboot it just wasn't there. You better off with Google Keyboard (you can get it at google play store)

BTW. The easiest way to get TWRP on LG G2 is just flash stock lollipop root it, and than flash "Autorec for lollipop", when it's done just go to recovery and flash newest TWRP available and you're golden.

Last edited:

pete022682

May 26, 2014
Flashed the file in language and inputs in settings lg keyboard shows up but I enable it reboot still have aosp keyboard tried disabling aosp keyboard and lg gets automativmcally blacked out with it any help appreciated!!!

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Got it nevermond even though it blacks out its still enabled awesome

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,