LG G3s,Beat,D722,D724,F470 / TWRP, SonyBRAVIA3, Firmware

Search This thread

thenotonly

Jan 21, 2014
Quatre-Bornes
Nothing Phone 1
Why will it take that long?

Should I wait for my regional release or flash the UK version?

Will flashing that erase my data or will it just update without erasing anything like an OTA?

Regions doesn't matter. Only differences are bloatware, gps.conf and some language settings. You will need to format your phone after flash or do a CSE flash instead of normal flashing. It's recommended to format your phone when doing large updates such as Kitkat to Lollipop especially due to the change in runtime. I don't know how long it will take to get an OTA update for your region. But normally you'd need to wait a few days (or even weeks) to get one.

Alucard1989pl

May 16, 2010
We would first need to modify bootloader to allow the use of modified recovery/kernel. This was done to D724 (as seen on 4pda). Though I don't know if the modified bootloader will work with our device.

It might be dangerous to flash the modified D724 Bootloader as it might hard brick our device.

Sent from my LG-D722 using XDA Free mobile app

That's weird ... cuz on KK rom i can flash bumped twrp or cwm :( ... the same on g pad 8.0". I hope will somebody compile recovery unofficial/offial for our G3s devices :).

thenotonly

Jan 21, 2014
Quatre-Bornes
Nothing Phone 1
That's weird ... cuz on KK rom i can flash bumped twrp or cwm :( ... the same on g pad 8.0". I hope will somebody compile recovery unofficial/offial for our G3s devices :).

When you flashed Lollipop, everything changed. Every partition on the device was updated and flashed. Even fastboot doesn't execute "fastboot oem unlock" command or even a simple "flash" command.

SpaceCaker

Mar 26, 2011
netherlands
www.youtube.com
Regions doesn't matter. Only differences are bloatware, gps.conf and some language settings. You will need to format your phone after flash or do a CSE flash instead of normal flashing. It's recommended to format your phone when doing large updates such as Kitkat to Lollipop especially due to the change in runtime. I don't know how long it will take to get an OTA update for your region. But normally you'd need to wait a few days (or even weeks) to get one.

I used normal flash.

Kept all my data
And working very smooth:)

Only art takes away more space so keep 1.2 GB free just to be sure.
Approx 500 mb will be eaten

djangosteen

Sep 7, 2013
Jakarta
We would first need to modify bootloader to allow the use of modified recovery/kernel. This was done to D724 (as seen on 4pda). Though I don't know if the modified bootloader will work with our device.

It might be dangerous to flash the modified D724 Bootloader as it might hard brick our device.

so the D724 one already has its own custom recovery according to 4pda?

vinaptous

Mar 13, 2011
Athens
So I have lollipop for about 4 days. I have v20a tried doing ota update but got always errors so I tried from update tool. When I first update it, the update applied over kk and left me with only 30% free space and lags. I did a factory reset and the space now with all my apps is approximately 60% and the phone is really fast without any lags. The battery life till now is very good. So I recommend to do a clean install. Hope I helped.

So I have lollipop for about 4 days. I have v20a tried doing ota update but got always errors so I tried from update tool. When I first update it, the update applied over kk and left me with only 30% free space and lags. I did a factory reset and the space now with all my apps is approximately 60% and the phone is really fast without any lags. The battery life till now is very good. So I recommend to do a clean install. Hope I helped.

In general doing a bigger software update like from 4.4 to 5.0.2 it's always recomended to do a fresh install and restore your apps after.

Worked for me as well and a feel the same about speed and battery life.
But this could also be caused because I am currently unrooted.

Anyone can confirm battery life and overall speed on rooted 5.0.2?

vinaptous

Mar 13, 2011
Athens
In general doing a bigger software update like from 4.4 to 5.0.2 it's always recomended to do a fresh install and restore your apps after.

I can confirm that everything's working great on rooted.

carmination

May 3, 2015

Battery life is better for me, laggs more, but i rooted it, and using root booster it feels very smooth :fingers-crossed:

Pzychopath

Jun 4, 2014
need help

I've installed lollipop on my D722 and sometimes I dont get any whatsapp messages until I go to whatsapp by myself... is there a solution to that?

ThePietn1

Jan 1, 2011
Eernegem
Working TWRP on Lollipop D722

Someone on 4PDA released a patched bootloader for the D722/D722v, now we can have TWRP on lollipop!

Installation instructions:
  1. You need to be rooted and have BusyBox installed for this to work!
  2. Download aboot.img from the attachment and put it on your internal storage (/sdcard).
  3. Install "Terminal Emulator" app from the Google Play Store and open it.
  4. Enter the following in the terminal window:
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
  5. Install Flashify and flash TWRP recovery (this is the same TWRP as for KK): http://www.mediafire.com/download/dltfxq3j3gxxuqq/test6_bumped.img

This is not my work, I'm only sharing this information.
Tested and working on my own D722v. :)

Attachments

• aboot.img
    1 MB · Views: 3,976

thenotonly

Jan 21, 2014
Quatre-Bornes
Nothing Phone 1
Someone on 4PDA released a patched bootloader for the D722/D722v, now we can have TWRP on lollipop!

Installation instructions:
  1. You need to be rooted and have BusyBox installed for this to work!
  2. Download aboot.img from the attachment and put it on your internal storage (/sdcard).
  3. Install "Terminal Emulator" app from the Google Play Store and open it.
  4. Enter the following in the terminal window:
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
  5. Install Flashify and flash TWRP recovery (this is the same TWRP as for KK): http://www.mediafire.com/download/dltfxq3j3gxxuqq/test6_bumped.img

This is not my work, I'm only sharing this information.
Tested and working on my own D722v. :)

Thanks,

I confirm bootloader is unlocked and allows having a custom recovery. Flashed xposed, phone booted but crashed some apps, I did not have enough time to test it.

Last edited:
Reactions: carmination

Top Liked Posts