LG G4 - All the reviews

Search This thread

omersak

Oct 15, 2010
Someone at gsmarena copied something ?. Probably find it gets amended in the future.

As I have both the G4 and S6 Edge they definitely have different figures for battery stats. Audio is different too. In fact the phones couldn't be more different if you tried.
They actually mention in the link that the two 'had identical results'. I mean, wow, right? How stupid do they think people are?

Here's the quote:

"As it turned out both Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge outed absolutely the same results in all of our tests – 3G calls, web browsing, video playback and stand-by endurance."

MIND. BLOWN.

mortuus82

Apr 22, 2010
Malmo
Wow really pathetic battery life on g4 :laugh:.. is this supposed to be the real s6 edge killer? hahaha nice screen 110nits brightness on 50% wow im so impressed lg is this the best u got ? they have failed 3 generations now itseems anything after G2 they cant get right.. maybe better luck next year for G5 if u will survive until then because nobody in their right minds will upgrade from g3 to g4 to get bigger bulkier phone with worse battery life and no IP protection.. they had the chance make a real killer s6 phone but they failed so hard.. the display is a joke too yes it a little less reflective in sunlight but it still sucks compared to samsungs amoled screens.:laugh:

poczynek

Jul 10, 2012
Sydney
Wow really pathetic battery life on g4 :laugh:.. is this supposed to be the real s6 edge killer? hahaha nice screen 110nits brightness on 50% wow im so impressed lg is this the best u got ? they have failed 3 generations now itseems anything after G2 they cant get right.. maybe better luck next year for G5 if u will survive until then because nobody in their right minds will upgrade from g3 to g4 to get bigger bulkier phone with worse battery life and no IP protection.. they had the chance make a real killer s6 phone but they failed so hard.. the display is a joke too yes it a little less reflective in sunlight but it still sucks compared to samsungs amoled screens.:laugh:

My friend! How's it going? Very balanced views I see again.

Please say hello to the family from me.

Reactions: skr_xd

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com

Maybe you ought to not base on fact. I have both. The S6 Edge screen on time is around 1 hour less. Standby is less too. So in real life G4 better.

Next screen. One in amoled and the other IPS. So they will always look different.

Screen. Just took shot attached at full brightness with both devices side by side. Both look good to me. The G4 is a stunning device.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 526

poczynek

Jul 10, 2012
Sydney
Maybe you ought to not base on fact. I have both. The S6 Edge screen on time is around 1 hour less. Standby is less too. So in real life G4 better.

Next screen. One in amoled and the other IPS. So they will always look different.

Screen. Just took shot attached at full brightness with both devices side by side. Both look good to me. The G4 is a stunning device.

Don't bother Gavin. This is a guy who sent me a private message saying how bad the G4 is and a waste of money and I got ripped off.

Who sends that to someone via a private message?

omersak

Oct 15, 2010
Don't bother Gavin. This is a guy who sent me a private message saying how bad the G4 is and a waste of money and I got ripped off.

Who sends that to someone via a private message?

Haha, this guy is a legend, he sent me a private message too:

"hey omersak u little crazy wannabe LG fanboy .. why would u think gsmarena is lying on g4 terrible battery charts ? its proven now that lg cant make phones with good battery.. the g3 didnt have good battery either g4 is even worse and this is now proven... even the screen set 50% gives amazing 110nits.. hahahahhaaha enjoy your dimphone boy

lets buy it a real samsung galaxy s6 edge! "

Laughing my ass off.

Anyway, Basel (one of my favorite video reviewers) over at Btekt posted his review:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RAezl-Um20

lisaquach

May 13, 2015
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g4-review-1254.php

GSMarena. Poor battery results but it's gsmarena, so I don't know.

what do you mean by "but it's gsmarena" they are honest reviewer arent they?
and if this test is true i am really disapointing

No. Just.. no.

First of all, it's a well known fact that their audio quality tests are a farce, as was confirmed by the legend Supercurio himself.

Secondly, have a look at this link:

http://blog.gsmarena.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-galaxy-s6-edge-battery-life-tests/

There are so many things wrong with those results that it isn't even funny anymore. Firstly, do you honestly think that it's possible for the S6 and S6 Edge to get the EXACT SAME battery time for calls, browsing and video, right down to the exact same minute? No. It's an absolute and blatant lie which is severely misguiding everyone else who believe them based on their 'reputation'. I mean, even if there were two S6's, the god damn physics of the situation for them to have the EXACT same battery time for a given task is IMPOSSIBLE. So much for their credibility, then. Honestly, I cannot trust a website with such obvious lies.

Secondly, just have a look at this battery life:
gsmarena_002.jpg

I mean, wow. You'd think that the battery on the S6 is some sort of voodoo magic. Is this really the battery life everyone's been getting? The 72 hour 'endurance rating' ****e they've come up means that phone will last 3 DAYS with an hour of calls, browsing and video each day. Meaning, ladies and gentlemen, the S6 will have 3 days of standby time with 6 hours screen on time, thus solving once and for all the battery problems we must face with fast QHD phones, right? WRONG. At best, at its absolute very best, the S6 has very average battery to bad, and this is a well known fact. Ask anyone who has the GS6 and tell me if what GSMarena reported checks out. Hell, I had the S6 but returned it because of the poor battery - which, for my usage, was worse than the G3 i've had in the past.

It honestly wasn't all bad once upon a time. A majority of the phones I've had used to get battery similar to what was reported by GSMarena. But ever since the S4 and S5, their lies got frequent and nothing has checked out, for me.

Well, I will use both mobile and then after will give my comments on it. I still don’t agree with you. :cool:

omersak

Oct 15, 2010
Well, I will use both mobile and then after will give my comments on it. I still don’t agree with you. :cool:

You can choose to believe whatever you want but if you seriously think you'll get identical minutes draining the s6 and s6 edge in calls, browsing AND video - prepare to be shocked

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Haha, this guy is a legend, he sent me a private message too:

"hey omersak u little crazy wannabe LG fanboy .. why would u think gsmarena is lying on g4 terrible battery charts ? its proven now that lg cant make phones with good battery.. the g3 didnt have good battery either g4 is even worse and this is now proven... even the screen set 50% gives amazing 110nits.. hahahahhaaha enjoy your dimphone boy

lets buy it a real samsung galaxy s6 edge! "

Laughing my ass off.

Anyway, Basel (one of my favorite video reviewers) over at Btekt posted his review:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RAezl-Um20
I love this guy reviews. I think I'm gonna stick with my S6 and see what the new Moto X will be like.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great [emoji4]

One thing I have to ask:
    (In your opinion) Is there any noticeable difference between the two displays (S6&G4) both are supposed to be a gen ahead of competition.

Or do they go neck to neck like in camera department ?
    Thanks[emoji2]

Ok, I'll try and answer this .

The S6 Edge is a technological masterpiece . Ultra thin. Has every piece of tech known to man inside and does most things reall well. But you pay for this privilege. It has quick charging 2 out of the box, wireless charging built in, s health and all the sensors like heart rate monitor, fingerprint scanner that works a treat, it looks different with curved edges, curved edge features are minimal but they still work, double pressing home button wherever you are to launch the camera is very convenient. Video recording audio is slightly better on S6. Screens are different but the S6 with auto brightness trick with contrast can go much brighter when it messes around temporarily with contrast. Samsung Pay when it arrives may or may not be handy. At the moment there are no manual camera controls but Samsung is rumoured to implement these. Until they do and we see how they have it is impossible to comment. That is why it is also best to wait 3 months after a phone is released to see how they settle down with fixes and updates. Also become cheaper too buy. The internal storage used is fast. The processor Samsung use is the fastest on any benchmarks. So is it game over for LG.

No. Why because it is a different phone and type of phone. It has a bigger screen that is wonderful to view. IPS vs Amoled offer different experiences. The S6 goes brighter and darker. But at times I find the G4 really bright as its IPS . It also goes dark too. It is readable in sunlight but not at the weird contrasted look by the S6. This only works when the sun hits the S6 screen btw. Comfort. Even with the metallic look back, the G4 is miles more comfortable to hold. With leather it's even better. The leather backs do add a touch. Of class. I prefer it to the S6 Edge look. Obviously some countries won't like or be able to use the leather option. So I recommend the ceramic white back. Very nice in person.

The G4 camera for stills is better than the S6. Period. The S6 has a option in settings to track moving targets. You have to remember to toggle this on or off as required. It's not a perfect system but does work. With a bit of skill on the G4 I am sure I will be no worse off. At the moment I am not at the skill level that I am with the S6 and that is because I have used the S6 for much longer. Processor. The processor works well with the G4. But it is not as fast as the S6. This only becomes slightly noticeable in heavy duty media and gaming. But ironically when the S6 gets hot it slows down the processor. The 808 in the G4 rarely gets hot let alone warm, so could in the long run equal it out. The G4 as an audio machine sounds better than the S6. period. That's via speaker, Bluetooth or wired headphones.

I've received the latest update from Samsung to fix the S6 Edge memory issues. But I still get the memory issues and notices of apps closing. The Edge seems to have around 750mb always free ram, the G4 always around 1.5mb ram but then it's on android 5.1. That's why I want to wait a few months for the true picture . I also want to retest with my official retail UK G4 black leather phone and see if the Korean one I have was different or not.
    My review is now live. I hope you enjoy. Any questions, please ask on here.

http://gavinsgadgets.com/2015/05/17/lg-g4-the-review/
    Ok my 4K video and action stunt shots from the G4 camera is live.

http://gavinsgadgets.com/2015/05/19/lg-g4-camera-action-shots-wow/
    I take the simpler approach. Don't worry about comparisons. Just buy them all ???
    I've created a new review post with some updated thoughts.

Also included links to all 13 posts I've done on the G4.

http://gavinsgadgets.com/2015/05/25/lg-g4-the-review-updated-plus-all-13-posts/

Expect more too. I love this phone.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone