LG G4 display burns?

Search This thread

Fadidush

May 22, 2016
Hello i would really like your opinion about something wierd with my phone.

I have a LG G4 and after a while that the screen is alight I get display burns of the parts the didnt change in the screen and have a bright color (such as the clock and battery status, it also happens in games that i play which have the buttons displayed in bright color).

It calms down after a few minutes that the screen is turned of or i force it to display something diffrent in the burned parts

I'm having a video attached so you can see what i mean (in the video i spoke some language, please ignore)

In the video the burned parts are at the top and top left (the "share" sign)

youtube.com/watch?v=Gcl0NOHPL3w
(i cant post links..)
Is it a normal thing to have on a phone like LG G4 considering the type of screen it has(LED)?

after edit:
cb4f8d5447d5e3012b07c520ad7f02e2.png

0ecbb033cce8128215d7a67a37b2ad57.png

ill remind that these burns are temporary

Last edited:

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
VT
Hello i would really like your opinion about something wierd with my phone.

I have a LG G4 and after a while that the screen is alight I get display burns of the parts the didnt change in the screen and have a bright color (such as the clock and battery status, it also happens in games that i play which have the buttons displayed in bright color).

It calms down after a few minutes that the screen is turned of or i force it to display something diffrent in the burned parts

I'm having a video attached so you can see what i mean (in the video i spoke some language, please ignore)

In the video the burned parts are at the top and top left (the "share" sign)

youtube.com/watch?v=Gcl0NOHPL3w
(i cant post links..)
Is it a normal thing to have on a phone like LG G4 considering the type of screen it has(LED)?

Ive had 3 g series phones now g2 g3 g4. I have set my screen sometimes to not turn off. Some items displayed for more than a hour or 2. I have never had any screen burn on any of the g series. Some people claim they have i personally have not. My g2 was the closest to a screen burn. It had a cloudy type in white backgrounds. But found out it was hotspots in the phone that discolored the screen. I always tell people never the the same thing display more than 20 or 30 min shut off screen or goto something full screen to get rid of status bar icons. A phone is just like any other device or machine they do need periodic breaks too

bennypo

Oct 22, 2011
u sure it's a permanent screen burn ?
the notification curtain is not fully opaque it shades the icons beneath it and that's all..

Fadidush

May 22, 2016
u sure it's a permanent screen burn ?
the notification curtain is not fully opaque it shades the icons beneath it and that's all..

its not permanent but it is annoying,
takes 30secs of still image to burn and stop burning after another 30secs of displaying siffrent image on the same screen spot

t00dy

May 4, 2011
its not permanent but it is annoying,
takes 30secs of still image to burn and stop burning after another 30secs of displaying siffrent image on the same screen spot

i agree with you it is ANNOYING as hell!!! I returned mine 2 weeks ago not only because of this but also because i cannot see nor connect to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network.

Just 2 months prior top this the phone killed itself (not even 1 year old) and had to get a new PCB. LG if you are reading this, i want my money back.

Note to the people, please don't buy LG crap!

Attachments

• smrdljivi_burnin-2048.jpg
    smrdljivi_burnin-2048.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

dejan88

Nov 12, 2013
i agree with you it is ANNOYING as hell!!! I returned mine 2 weeks ago not only because of this but also because i cannot see nor connect to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network.

Just 2 months prior top this the phone killed itself (not even 1 year old) and had to get a new PCB. LG if you are reading this, i want my money back.

Note to the people, please don't buy LG crap!

I had the same problem on my g4, adorned him with display tester pro apk?

LeKagur

Aug 14, 2016
Athens
I had the same problem on my g4, adorned him with display tester pro apk

I've actually tested a lot of apps just like display tester pro..still believe it's HW issue that can't be fixed without screen replacement..how can this specific apk actually help with image retention? What exactly did you used?