LG G4 - Display problem on Gray color

Search This thread

vvats07

Sep 21, 2013
Rohtak
i face same prob in my lg g4 h818n india....change lcd from care..free of cost....in warrnty....
when gallery open in background u will see all notification icon in red color...

fenrir_ac

Jun 21, 2014
I have found a some kind temporary workaround ( i don't know is that correct language expression in english so sorry for that :) )
Mainly here is what I did : I have flash latest SUPERXE kernel for stock rom android 6.0 from here , after flash from Play Store I have installed app Kernel Adiutor ,from the drop-down menu selected Screen section and aply this settings :
RED=230
GREEN=235
BLUE=235
Minimum RGB Value=35
Saturation Intensity= 30
Screen Hue=0
Screen Value= 125
Screen Contrast=127
After this no more red colored retention on gray background,not even in TWRP recovery.
This solution is only for rooted devices with unlocked bootloader,I hope this will help You
After kernel installation i have run few times antutu benchmark,so maybe this is also have influence on screen refresh.

This is witchcraft. I've been trying a lot of method on my v20 for the past few months and nothing could solve my screen retention issue. The method you mentioned here simply works like a charm! Many thanks for this.

neobdium

Mar 4, 2013
deva
This is witchcraft. I've been trying a lot of method on my v20 for the past few months and nothing could solve my screen retention issue. The method you mentioned here simply works like a charm! Many thanks for this.
And this app whit the above settings works! no more retention !! and u need root...

gmanos06

May 10, 2012
The RGB values actually depend on how bad your screen panel is. This problem becomes bigger and bigger over time, so imo it is better to give them slicely low values than the ones that eliminate the retention problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    workaround

I will atach photos of the problem, and is there any way whic could help me, it look like some pixels are freezed. This is most noticable on gray color.
    I have found a some kind temporary workaround ( i don't know is that correct language expression in english so sorry for that :) )
    Mainly here is what I did : I have flash latest SUPERXE kernel for stock rom android 6.0 from here , after flash from Play Store I have installed app Kernel Adiutor ,from the drop-down menu selected Screen section and aply this settings :
    RED=230
    GREEN=235
    BLUE=235
    Minimum RGB Value=35
    Saturation Intensity= 30
    Screen Hue=0
    Screen Value= 125
    Screen Contrast=127
    After this no more red colored retention on gray background,not even in TWRP recovery.
    This solution is only for rooted devices with unlocked bootloader,I hope this will help You
    After kernel installation i have run few times antutu benchmark,so maybe this is also have influence on screen refresh.
    I will atach photos of the problem, and is there any way whic could help me, it look like some pixels are freezed. This is most noticable on gray color.

It is a screen burn ,i have tried to solve problem with Screen Burn-in Tool app from Play Store
    but no success,this problem have also few my friends with lg g4,i newer buy any lg phone again, lg is better to produce tv sets and wasmachines because as phone manufactures sucks.
    Not a G4 owner but I have used a G4 before as well as a V10 and a G5, currently own the V10. This issue is present on all three devices and isn't a question of if it will happen, it's a matter of when it will happen. I noticed this issue with my display a few months ago and the entire affected area has a weird yellowish hue to it which is most noticeable on a lighter grey hue and as of now have grown used to it to a degree: still annoys me a bit. Also had a friend whom I recommended the G4 to and he had this issue with retention since he got it though he barely notices it since his phone is almost always set at 0% brightness :p

Anyways, at this point the main cause for this as I've said in a couple of threads is the display technology itself. I'm guessing this is one of the side effects Quantum Display has for offering near-amoled quality with vivid colors and blacks in comparison to regular LCD panels. Basically, even replacing the display is a temporary issue and still a lottery as you may get one with no issues until a year later or one that already has retention out of the box.

At this point, I might even tolerate amoled displays or non-Quantum Display lcd panels but it's too bad LG makes great phones. Oh well, just another thing to keep in mind when getting a phone from LG ;)
    Same issue here too, it isn't necessarily burn in, more image retention I guess which tends to happen to some LCD's, tried all sorts of things to fix it, if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome

Guess we'll have to either get the device replaced or replace the LCD

If it's retention the LCD won't have to be replaced. Just wait a little, and it's gone.
    And this app whit the above settings works! no more retention !! and u need root...

yeah, root and a kernel with kcal support. tough luck for those who are not rooted.