Lg G4 H815 hard-bricked with different qualcomm soft?

Search This thread

Longbranch

May 10, 2017
Hello, (complete n00b here)

Several days ago I've tried to flash a 6.0 MM (from 5.1) to my LG G4 H815 phone. There was no option to do it automatically so I proceded to do it manually via flashboot.

I hard-bricked it to oblivion as in black screen, no response whatsoever.
While investigating @ the internet I've managed to understand I could get it fixed via quadcomm drivers (mode 9008).

Tried various "fixes" for H815 but was getting safari download errors. For some reason I tried a LS991 fix and it worked. When I started the phone it showed no logo but just a secure booting error 1006.
Still, could enter firmware download so I began to flash a lot of KDZ firmwares with no success.

LGUP shows my model : H81510H.
While in fastboot mode there is a note below (wasn't there the first time) with codes : 633 B46 or something like that.

While flashing anything it ALWAYS STOPS at 9% with a tot anti-rollback error. While flashing the code changes briefly where one can read smth like : LGLS991ZVA ver. 6.0

Managed to download some KDZ for that exact model, SAME ERROR. Tried to find / flash LS991ZVA with no success in finding a TOT file.

Also, managed to get ADB drivers up and it shows unauthorized in listing (LS991). Fastboot does not detect my device even in fastboot mode @ phone.
Please HELP!

stinka318

Oct 6, 2014
LG V20
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hello, (complete n00b here)

Several days ago I've tried to flash a 6.0 MM (from 5.1) to my LG G4 H815 phone. There was no option to do it automatically so I proceded to do it manually via flashboot.

I hard-bricked it to oblivion as in black screen, no response whatsoever.
While investigating @ the internet I've managed to understand I could get it fixed via quadcomm drivers (mode 9008).

Tried various "fixes" for H815 but was getting safari download errors. For some reason I tried a LS991 fix and it worked. When I started the phone it showed no logo but just a secure booting error 1006.
Still, could enter firmware download so I began to flash a lot of KDZ firmwares with no success.

LGUP shows my model : H81510H.
While in fastboot mode there is a note below (wasn't there the first time) with codes : 633 B46 or something like that.

While flashing anything it ALWAYS STOPS at 9% with a tot anti-rollback error. While flashing the code changes briefly where one can read smth like : LGLS991ZVA ver. 6.0

Managed to download some KDZ for that exact model, SAME ERROR. Tried to find / flash LS991ZVA with no success in finding a TOT file.

Also, managed to get ADB drivers up and it shows unauthorized in listing (LS991). Fastboot does not detect my device even in fastboot mode @ phone.
Please HELP!

H81510h is os version it is still at 5.1 I think....what may help is plug your phone in with lgup and drop the battery out of it then closes of LG up put battery back in and start LG up and find kdz that matchs your phone and make sure that it doesn't have anti rollback.....

Longbranch

May 10, 2017
H81510h is os version it is still at 5.1 I think....what may help is plug your phone in with lgup and drop the battery out of it then closes of LG up put battery back in and start LG up and find kdz that matchs your phone and make sure that it doesn't have anti rollback.....

Hello and thx for reply. I tried to do what u've said. It did something (I was looking for a while back). When I plug the cable back in, my windows 7 immediately installs quadcomm hs-usb driver (9008) and my phone acts as if it was dead. LGUP cannot find it in that state. I've been trying to QFIL the "proper" soft but it continues to pop different errors (using different QFIL versions). Either saharafail or some sort of download fail.

LGUP still presents an error (if I decide to "fastboot" it) @ 9% 0x2000, TOT antirollback version is smaller than device version.

How can I make sure I've got the proper KDZ without ANTI-ROLLBACK?

stinka318

Oct 6, 2014
LG V20
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hello and thx for reply. I tried to do what u've said. It did something (I was looking for a while back). When I plug the cable back in, my windows 7 immediately installs quadcomm hs-usb driver (9008) and my phone acts as if it was dead. LGUP cannot find it in that state. I've been trying to QFIL the "proper" soft but it continues to pop different errors (using different QFIL versions). Either saharafail or some sort of download fail.

LGUP still presents an error (if I decide to "fastboot" it) @ 9% 0x2000, TOT antirollback version is smaller than device version.

How can I make sure I've got the proper KDZ without ANTI-ROLLBACK?

This may help........
https://xdaforums.com/lg-g5/development/uppercut-lgup-loader-g5-variants-t3511295

Longbranch

May 10, 2017

Thx again. Uppercut shows H81510H as LGUP did. Is it possible that it's somehow write-protected?

It confuses me, since during the firmware update on my phone, I get this small box below the picture showing wierd codes : 633A Bxx and when I'm trying to flash my phone, the code gets longer with LS991ZVA v6.0 and more other. It then stops.

Funny thing is, when I got the phone I couldn't even connect to the LG bridge to update it at all. I've managed to do it bugging the MTP protocol but THAT on the other hand prevented me from copying stuff / FLASH my phone to MM 6.0. Had to factory reset it back then and all went back to "normal" = LG couldnt detect my device but I could copy photos or stuff from it.

NOW, when my phone is bricked, LGbridge DETECTS my phone (in fastboot), downloads the newest KDZ update BUT cannot install it (same thing as in LGUP). Hence my question : is it somehow write-protected?

stinka318

Oct 6, 2014
LG V20
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thx again. Uppercut shows H81510H as LGUP did. Is it possible that it's somehow write-protected?

It confuses me, since during the firmware update on my phone, I get this small box below the picture showing wierd codes : 633A Bxx and when I'm trying to flash my phone, the code gets longer with LS991ZVA v6.0 and more other. It then stops.

Funny thing is, when I got the phone I couldn't even connect to the LG bridge to update it at all. I've managed to do it bugging the MTP protocol but THAT on the other hand prevented me from copying stuff / FLASH my phone to MM 6.0. Had to factory reset it back then and all went back to "normal" = LG couldnt detect my device but I could copy photos or stuff from it.

NOW, when my phone is bricked, LGbridge DETECTS my phone (in fastboot), downloads the newest KDZ update BUT cannot install it (same thing as in LGUP). Hence my question : is it somehow write-protected?

Have you tried to eset it by pushing power and volume own then when you see bootsplash then release power button and hen quickly push the power button again....

But in your case push power and volume down within the count or 20 then release power then push power button again and see what happens and then try the same thing on volume up......

Longbranch

May 10, 2017
Thanks for the reply.

I did what u've said. Despite no logo I tried to release power button for a second just after the screen's brightness goes up (I also get a small vibration @ start). Everytime I get secure booting error 1006 after a few seconds.

On the other hand when I did that with volume UP button there was no error but there was nothing aswell until I release power button in which case I got the secure booting error. All of the above tries were done with no USB connection with anything.

stinka318

Oct 6, 2014
LG V20
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thanks for the reply.

I did what u've said. Despite no logo I tried to release power button for a second just after the screen's brightness goes up (I also get a small vibration @ start). Everytime I get secure booting error 1006 after a few seconds.

On the other hand when I did that with volume UP button there was no error but there was nothing aswell until I release power button in which case I got the secure booting error. All of the above tries were done with no USB connection with anything.

Do try with usb s well it may do something r do nothing......

Reactions: Longbranch

Longbranch

May 10, 2017
Can't tell atm since I gave it to professionals. I'll wait and see how it'll turn up. Thx for all the effort tho, was nice to tinker with a lil help :)

Reactions: stinka318

Longbranch

May 10, 2017
Nope, not really. I gave it back to the reseller and my money got returned luckily.

The professionals I refer to above did install a specific firmware for the ls991 type. Firmware ZVB I think. The only one appliable apparently. Anyways, as I suspected the ls991 type is for the US and therefore it didn't work in my country in EU. My sim card wouldnt work with it. Besides, without the sim card, the phone decided to freeze and die after several minutes every time I turn it on. Swapped for LG G5 and it's working flawlessly up until this day.

Reactions: Chebhou

Chebhou

Mar 18, 2017
good for you, what i don't understand is that it's a h810 model but now identify as ls991 does that mean you can convert it just by a Qfil flash? I may try another model flash if can't find a suitable Rom for it

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Nope, not really. I gave it back to the reseller and my money got returned luckily.

The professionals I refer to above did install a specific firmware for the ls991 type. Firmware ZVB I think. The only one appliable apparently. Anyways, as I suspected the ls991 type is for the US and therefore it didn't work in my country in EU. My sim card wouldnt work with it. Besides, without the sim card, the phone decided to freeze and die after several minutes every time I turn it on. Swapped for LG G5 and it's working flawlessly up until this day.

good for you, what i don't understand is that it's a h810 model but now identify as ls991 does that mean you can convert it just by a Qfil flash? I may try another model flash if can't find a suitable Rom for it

Yes! That's what I and neutrondev telling everyone :

do not use qfil without the knowledge about the result!

The only working firehose file available out there is for the ls991 and that means if you use it it will turn your device into a ls991 without any way to get back to your previous device model!!

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs

Chebhou

Mar 18, 2017
@steadfasterX since I have done it already is there any way to get it working even as an LS991 ?

here is what i did till now
the reason for using Qfill is that it went dead after flashing an H810 rom .
after that when it's in download mode it doesn't allow me to flash the ls911ZV5 ls911ZV6 ls911ZV6_12 roms that i found ( it says LS991ZVA )
so i went in fastboot and flashed boot/aboot/recovery....img extracted from the ls911ZV6 rom then it accepted the rom in download mode
but it is stuck in a hard bootloop ( reboots when it is getting in recovery but still has download mode yet no fastboot as before)
any thoughts ?

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
@steadfasterX since I have done it already is there any way to get it working even as an LS991 ?

after that when it's in download mode it doesn't allow me to flash the ls911ZV5 ls911ZV6 ls911ZV6_12 roms that i found ( it says LS991ZVA )
so i went in fastboot and flashed boot/aboot/recovery....img extracted from the ls911ZV6 rom then it accepted the rom in download mode
but it is stuck in a hard bootloop ( reboots when it is getting in recovery but still has download mode yet no fastboot as before)
any thoughts ?
Yes it's possible. You can boot a h811 H815 or any other rom you like. Even LOS!!

Great right? BUT you are bounded to the ls991 modem and so you need to be in a sprint network to use telephony. That means the phone is now useless outside the US .

And you wrote you tried ls911 ROMs? I hope you meant ls991 ;)

I work on a fully working experience on every network though. Checkout my proof of concept for unlocking the bootloader thread
I can go into details on IRC if you like.

Chebhou

Mar 18, 2017
@steadfasterX thank you for keeping up with me ! ( btw what room on IRC ?)
for now I have used Qfill again and got fastboot working again and flashed TWRP ( not sure where ! ) so when the phone is off and i plug the usb it boots to twrp ( but it doesn't in recovery )
normal boot will show "secure boot error 1002"
then i flashed twrp img to recovery partition using twrp but it didn't work in recovery ( still reboots after showing Recovery Mode loading screen )
also tried to load some roms on the device to try them but I got error "file too large for filesystem " when copying them .
atm I don't know the state I'm in and what should be next ?

btw here are the recovery log and dmesg

Last edited:
Reactions: steadfasterX

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
@steadfasterX thank you for keeping up with me ! ( btw what room on IRC ?)
for now I have used Qfill again and got fastboot working again and flashed TWRP ( not sure where ! ) so when the phone is off and i plug the usb it boots to twrp ( but it doesn't in recovery )
normal boot will show "secure boot error 1002"
then i flashed twrp img to recovery partition using twrp but it didn't work in recovery ( still reboots after showing Recovery Mode loading screen )
also tried to load some roms on the device to try them but I got error "file too large for filesystem " when copying them .
atm I don't know the state I'm in and what should be next ?

btw here are the recovery log and dmesg
Np we can bring you back to life but as already said without cell service. That's the price for the firehose and unlocked feeling you have now.

Did you found and read my thread here?

https://xdaforums.com/g4/general/bl-unlock-unlock-bootloader-proof-t3648288

There you will find some more info and also the IRC details how you can find me. I'm online from Monday to Friday mainly.
It's much easier to talk in chat then here. once all the details are known I will provide a full guide.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the reply.

Do try with usb s well it may do something r do nothing......
    Can't tell atm since I gave it to professionals. I'll wait and see how it'll turn up. Thx for all the effort tho, was nice to tinker with a lil help :)

Yes! That's what I and neutrondev telling everyone :

do not use qfil without the knowledge about the result!

The only working firehose file available out there is for the ls991 and that means if you use it it will turn your device into a ls991 without any way to get back to your previous device model!!

any thoughts ?
    Yes it's possible. You can boot a h811 H815 or any other rom you like. Even LOS!!

Great right? BUT you are bounded to the ls991 modem and so you need to be in a sprint network to use telephony. That means the phone is now useless outside the US .

And you wrote you tried ls911 ROMs? I hope you meant ls991 ;)

I work on a fully working experience on every network though. Checkout my proof of concept for unlocking the bootloader thread
    I can go into details on IRC if you like.