LG G4 is dead. Bootloop with Black screen

Search This thread

nodymoha

Oct 16, 2012
Hi,

My mother LG G4 just died last week. And it has a lot of important data.

What is the way to revive it. even if temporary. I just want to extract the data and take it to the store I bought it from (2 weeks until the end of warranty)

The problem is I can't make the phone to turn on. I saw some people having this issue reported that there phone just stuck in a bootloop. the problem with me is that I can't even reach that point. Black screen all the time.

I did froze the phone. and it works for less that 3 mins. didn't reach home screen.

I also tried the Big core disable method. the phone restarted before restarting command in LGUP. and still in bootloop with black screen.

Now I want to try heating the phone with hairdryer. hope it works for more than 1 hour

Monkeypox95

Apr 20, 2012
Le Perreux sur Marne
I encounter the same problem as you (see my post) do. Except LG UP is useless for me.
For what I've read here and there, the method with the hair dryer seems to be the better one. With this you should be able to boot him properly and save the data you want.
As far as I'm concerned I will try to get the phone back to my retailer even if the phone has an unlocked bootloader. Indeed, as the issue is hardware and not software...maybe...

alejodg

Sep 16, 2011
I encounter the same problem as you (see my post) do. Except LG UP is useless for me.
For what I've read here and there, the method with the hair dryer seems to be the better one. With this you should be able to boot him properly and save the data you want.
As far as I'm concerned I will try to get the phone back to my retailer even if the phone has an unlocked bootloader. Indeed, as the issue is hardware and not software...maybe...

Mine died yesterday, serial 722 !!! i thought it was not going to happen but.... No way to get the phone back with LGUP or Flash tool. It was a great phone, but never again LG