The new LG G4 Pro is coming this october
The specs are:
Screen: 5.8" 1440x2560
SoC: Snapdragon 820
RAM: 4GB
Storage: 32/64GB
Camera: 27MP
Case: Metal

Do you think the G4 was premature and do you feel like LG ripped you off.
Leave your comments below.

tourbound129

Jun 15, 2010
There is no guarantee it's a global release. It's a bigger phone so doesn't really interest me going away from my G4. I think 5.5 is the perfect size for a screen.

JaySoul

Jun 27, 2014
Reasons I'm not bothered:

1) Only rumours, so who really knows

2) The G4 is still a fantastic phone

3) The G4 is a particularly fantastic phone for the PRICE (which is easily £100-200 cheaper than almost all current rivals)

4) The G4 Pro will be super expensive. I don't pay stupid money for phones out of principal, so I'd probably sit it out anyway.

r4Rok

Dec 16, 2012
Go for G4 Pro "only' if you need bigger screen or fablet. Otherwise, G4 5.5" is perfect for use.

jayden2009

Dec 9, 2009
Zaandam
All rumors 5.8 btw is way to big ! 5.5 is really the max to handle with one hand .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H815 met Tapatalk

zPacKRat

May 31, 2008
SoCal
Google Pixel 6
depends on the price they release the G4 Pro at, and the size too. the increased size will be a limitation for some. I've had the g2, g3 and now the g4, and even though the g4 is only marginally larger than the g3, it was noticeable to me. I'm not sure I want a Nexus 6 sized phone. Plus I can jump in Jan 16 if it's worth it.

SupaSwag

Feb 13, 2012
Doesn't bother me. I basically see it as the Galaxy S and Note line situation. First half of the year is reserved for the flagship with a smaller screen and later in the year the bigger device gets released with an obvious spec bump.

sharpehenry

Oct 2, 2012
You might be glad to have this phone. According to that specs it won't be anywhere close to $600 range. I'm guessing more like $800 - $1000. And did Qualcomm announce snapdragon 820? I know they announced SD810 revison 2 or something.

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA Free mobile app

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I can barely handle the G4 5.5" one handed. The G2 was really the sweet spot. If they designed the G2 similar to the G4, with a curved back/screen, I could probably do 5.3 or 5.4 comfortably. 5.5 is just a hair outside of my comfort zone but is manageable.

Lock-N-Load

Aug 25, 2010
Under Your Skin

3) The G4 is a particularly fantastic phone for the PRICE (which is easily £100-200 cheaper than almost all current rivals)

4) The G4 Pro will be super expensive. I don't pay stupid money for phones out of principal, so I'd probably sit it out anyway.

5) given history, it won't even come to the USA

Snakecharmed

Sep 30, 2011
LG V20
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
And its still just a rumor, both the availability of the phone and those specs you posted.

This really cannot be emphasized enough. Remember how the first alleged G4/G4 Note leak from late March by that T-Mobile employee actually turned out to be the mid-range Stylo? October is a long way away and nobody gets it correct this early.

As for my thoughts:

• The G4 is already borderline in terms of comfortably fitting in my pocket. It already doesn't fit the cupholder of one of my cars and barely fits in the cupholder of the other.
  • G4 : G4 Pro :: Galaxy S6 : Galaxy Note 5
  • I needed a new phone 3-6 months ago.
  • If you keep waiting for something better to come out, you'll never buy anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: graysooner

larsdennert

Dec 5, 2007
I heavily considered the Nexus 6 as it is the only BL unlocked phone on VZW. In the end though, it was just to big to carry in a pocket for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No I don't. It's good to have options and price wise the G4 is well worth it. Its like the S6 line up or the iPhones. They all have different versions of the same device so why not LG G4?

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app
    Who cares. If we bought phones based on what comes out in 6 months then we would never pull the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G920T
    This phone will be the one to take me away from the Note series after what sammy did with the Note 5.
    The new LG G4 Pro is coming this october
    The specs are:
    Screen: 5.8" 1440x2560
    SoC: Snapdragon 820
    RAM: 4GB
    Storage: 32/64GB
    Camera: 27MP
    Case: Metal

Do you think the G4 was premature and do you feel like LG ripped you off.
    Leave your comments below.

And its still just a rumor, both the availability of the phone and those specs you posted.