LG G5 and UX 5.0

Search This thread

xpirt

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Feb 19, 2013
LG G5, at MWC 2016 on 21st Feb, will be presented with UX 5.0..

https://twitter.com/AndreiConache/status/695255593385377792

it will have some cool features.. sample screenshots below.

z9rDyLD.jpg
SNkyCB3.png

changes from UX 4.0

notification:
- edit quick settings button in notification panel header (no more as a qs button)
- ability to edit quick settings directly on notification panel (drag&drop items)
- 2 more buttons below sliders (screen sharing, receivable)
- wifi ap text shown below wifi qs toggle

lockscreen:
- 3 bottom app icons (search, call, camera)

note that this is not the definitive software will come with lg g5.

Last edited:

xpirt

Feb 19, 2013
so.. as expected all UI changes mentioned earlier are there on G5 :)

Attachments

• combine_images.jpg
    combine_images.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2,079
Last edited:

Eurofighter_ty

Jul 3, 2014
Bucharest
The design of the UI is something like Samsung Android 6.0 Touchwiz with white accents.

Now without the app drawer (I like it because my home screen is always empty so the home screen is useless for me and settings app looks more cleaner but they bloated with a tons of features that you use it for first time and then not use it at all.

Some people will use these features daily but the average Joe will just use the phone like any other phone. OEM needs some work to advertise these new features when you buy a new phone and the most common thing is to have it enabled by default like the active display otherwise no average user will ding down in settings to see what features does this phone has. Some will some not.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

kcsevo

Jul 5, 2011
I really like where they're going with the g5. Kinda tired of getting a flagship that just has a processor updates, some hardware updates, and maybe a few gadget apps. This modular thing could really come in handy. Seems like the options could be endless to what module they or third party can make. And wireless charging, I'm sure LG or a third party come up with something. I'll bite!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

xpirt

Feb 19, 2013
will you be getting the lg g5 because I will probably but i will have to wait untill somebody posts screen on time duration because a bad battery could break the deal
90% yes and when I'll reach the necessary amount of money of course :)

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone