LG G5 charger not supporting qc 3.0 ?

Search This thread
Hi, does our g5 charger support qc 3.0 ? Output is rated at 5V 1.8A and 9V 1.8A and that is QC 2.0

quote : '' Specifically, Quick Charge 3.0 offers a more granular range of voltages: 200mV increments, from 3.6V to 20V. That way your phone can target one of dozens of power levels. ''

So we need to buy another qc 3.0 charger to use this qc 3.0 technology ?

QC 3.0 charger specs:
Output: 3.6-6.5V/3A 6.5V-9V/2A 9V-12V/1.5A

this is so stupid, and I was wondering where is that 80% in 35mins they are talkin bout......

i have too but i don't note any difference in charging speed (by using ampere widget) comparing to stock charger. they both reach about 2500/2800mah while in standby

Ampere measures only mah's , not Voltage, so what did you expected to see from ampere ? Mah's are the same, voltage is diferent, diid you even read what I wrote ?

lolmensch

Jul 14, 2009
FarFarAway
Hi,

No it doesn't support QC 3.0. The QC logo is missing and "Fast Charge" isn't the same.

There is a compatibility list of QC 3.0 chargers on Qualcomm's website. I am not allowed to post external links, so you'll need to use Google. Sorry for that...
it does support qc 3.0 -.-

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...qualcomm-quick-charge-3-0-compatible-devices/

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/quick-charge

and @op: lg was stupid and only shipped qc 2.0 chargers with the phone

DavidFlint

Jul 9, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
it does support qc 3.0 -.-

Indeed, the LG G5 supports QC 3.0. But the bundled wallcharger doesn't (maybe different depending on purchase region).

I got the LG MCS-H05ER (European plug type C) bundled with my phone. It provides either 9V 1.8A or 5V 1.8A. When I use that one, there is no indication of fast charging on the phone. When I use the separately purchased QC 3.0 compatible wallplug Aukey PA-T14 (3.6V-65.V @ 3A; 6.5-9V @ 2A; 9-12V @ 1.5A) the phone shows a notification about fast charging.

I think it's relevant which cable is used for QC 3.0. I've bought an 1.8m USB-C cable where fast charging doesn't work at all. With the original USB-C cable which was bundled QC 3.0 works.

Best wishes,
Alex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, does our g5 charger support qc 3.0 ?

Hi,

No it doesn't support QC 3.0. The QC logo is missing and "Fast Charge" isn't the same.

There is a compatibility list of QC 3.0 chargers on Qualcomm's website. I am not allowed to post external links, so you'll need to use Google. Sorry for that...

Best wishes,
    Alex