LG G6 AS993 not booting to bootloader

Search This thread

chauhan814

Jun 25, 2020
I currently own an LG G6 AS993, and seeing as there is not going to be an OTA Pie update for the phone, I thought I'd go ahead and get a ROM instead. There's just one problem, and that is that I can't even get into the bootloader to unlock it.
Here's what I've tried:

1. Using ADB commands, adb reboot bootloader, adb reboot-bootloader, fastboot boot bootloader
The phone was recognized in adb devices, however, after entering these commands, the phone just booted normally back into android, like a normal restart.

2. Using the volume and power buttons. I held the volume up button and plugged in a cable that was connected to my PC, and it booted into 'Download Mode' and then proceeded to a "Firmware Update' screen. After pressing down the power button it brings me to another screen with the options to view some wifi details, 'Power Off', 'Phone Info', and 'Back', which brings you back to the "Firmware Update' screen.
I also tried the same but this time while holding down the volume down button, and it shows the phone booting for 2 seconds, and then turns off and proceeds to show the battery symbol with the amount of charge.

These are the only ways of getting into the bootloader I've seen for this phone, and they simply do not work, so if anybody could help that would be very much appreciated!

Reactions: gabbymunozruiz
Sep 12, 2021
I currently own an LG G6 AS993, and seeing as there is not going to be an OTA Pie update for the phone, I thought I'd go ahead and get a ROM instead. There's just one problem, and that is that I can't even get into the bootloader to unlock it.
Here's what I've tried:

1. Using ADB commands, adb reboot bootloader, adb reboot-bootloader, fastboot boot bootloader
The phone was recognized in adb devices, however, after entering these commands, the phone just booted normally back into android, like a normal restart.

2. Using the volume and power buttons. I held the volume up button and plugged in a cable that was connected to my PC, and it booted into 'Download Mode' and then proceeded to a "Firmware Update' screen. After pressing down the power button it brings me to another screen with the options to view some wifi details, 'Power Off', 'Phone Info', and 'Back', which brings you back to the "Firmware Update' screen.
I also tried the same but this time while holding down the volume down button, and it shows the phone booting for 2 seconds, and then turns off and proceeds to show the battery symbol with the amount of charge.

These are the only ways of getting into the bootloader I've seen for this phone, and they simply do not work, so if anybody could help that would be very much appreciated!
Hey Got same Phone LG G6 as993 and same problem... It wont get into unlock bootloader option after try several adb drivers... it only restarts. Dm me if any updates

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's what I've tried: