• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG G6 in Canada

Search This thread

fegitoli

Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
Got the update notification just now. Hope the battery life is better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-24-16-14-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-01-24-16-14-47.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 575

fegitoli

Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
So far, V15d has been pretty good. Everything seems the tiniest bit smoother, but in my searches through the settings app, nothing has really changed from V15c.

Battery life isn't bad. Getting about 5.5 hrs of SoT with bluetooth on for about half that time. Can't say it's improved much, if at all.

Now, we wait for Oreo.

fegitoli

Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
what phone would you go to next?
Right now, if I could, I'd probably get a Pixel 2 or S8. By the time this phone's contract is up, there'll probably be a Pixel 3 or 4, so most likely whatever's the best Google has to offer in that year. Maybe I'll even go as far as switching to iOS.

Unrelated, I also own an iPhone, so it pains me to see how agonizingly slow Android updates come in comparison to iOS updates. Even with Project Treble, Android updates won't even come close to being released as fast as Apple's updates.

Last edited:

sonspot

Nov 1, 2010
Right now, if I could, I'd probably get a Pixel 2 or S8. By the time this phone's contract is up, there'll probably be a Pixel 3 or 4, so most likely whatever's the best Google has to offer in that year. Maybe I'll even go as far as switching to iOS.

Unrelated, I also own an iPhone, so it pains me to see how agonizingly slow Android updates come in comparison to iOS updates. Even with Project Treble, Android updates won't even come close to being released as fast as Apple's updates.

I ended up getting a S8 plus used with a cracked screen, I love the phone way more my lg crap. And guess what with Oreo its smooth decent battery. Anyhow I'm not here to sell the S8 or Samsung in general, I sold the phone now I'm looking to get the S9 or another S8 in better condition. LG is not getting Oreo update until June.

S8 plus with the Pixel launcher is butter smooth. Lg needs to get their act together.

fegitoli

Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
I ended up getting a S8 plus used with a cracked screen, I love the phone way more my lg crap. And guess what with Oreo its smooth decent battery. Anyhow I'm not here to sell the S8 or Samsung in general, I sold the phone now I'm looking to get the S9 or another S8 in better condition. LG is not getting Oreo update until June.

S8 plus with the Pixel launcher is butter smooth. Lg needs to get their act together.
I don't have the money right now to upgrade again, but I probably will as soon as I do. The Oreo update for this phone is taking ridiculously long to be released. Good that you found a better phone.

fegitoli

Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
According to Fido, Oreo has been released today for the LG V30. It still says "coming soon" for the LG G6. Guess this means the update will be coming within the next few days, but that's wishful thinking. Probably towards the end of this month.

fegitoli

Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
According to Fido, Oreo has been released today for the LG V30. It still says "coming in april" for the LG G6. Guess this means the update will be coming within the next few days, but that's wishful thinking. Probably towards the end of this month.

coyot352

Aug 16, 2014
According to Fido, Oreo has been released today for the LG V30. It still says "coming in april" for the LG G6. Guess this means the update will be coming within the next few days, but that's wishful thinking. Probably towards the end of this month.
The end of this month are also wishful thinking, the best is to wait patiently, with Lg we are never sure of anything, not even to have this update in June..

Reactions: fegitoli

fegitoli

Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
Let's just hope and pray that we get Oreo within the next few months. I think that's reasonable. That is, unless LG decides to sit on their ass and do nothing to get people to buy whatever phone they release next. What a shame, LG.
Regardless, I am not buying from them anymore once this phone's contract is up. Even Samsung got the update out before them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The end of this month are also wishful thinking, the best is to wait patiently, with Lg we are never sure of anything, not even to have this update in June..
    That reminds me...
    LG said they would release Nougat on the G4 in q3 2017. Did that happen? Nope. Well, they did roll the update out in Korea, but nowhere else. This company is very bad at staying faithful to its promises and it shows.

Really, I don't want to give my money to this company anymore, especially if they can't support a phone for more than a year. I'm disappointed.
    How do we convince LG to let us unlock the bootloader on the H873
    How can we convince you that they won't?
    Hi guys, I also have a Koodo Black G6 and got the H87310d update yesterday as well... haven't tested it enough to say it's made a difference yet. So far battery life has been decent, although it seems to slowly be using more and more battery (I'm assuming degradation of the battery capacity, eventually will settle)

What exactly did the update have? this is the only thread so far that I could find on it, so I joined up XDA finally. :)

The only gripe I have is with wireless charger... it's just do damn slow! I think it's about 2% for 10 minutes of charge. I'm using a Samsung Fast Charge base with the LG fast charger that came with the phone. I tried a Samsung charger from the wife's S5 and was even slower. :confused:

I noticed various reports on the wireless charge, some people get fast charge with non-major branded chargers, others get better results than I do with the same charger, etc...

I read somewhere that the update adds "safety features" like your phone telling you if the charging port is wet, but I'm not certain that was for this particular update or not. So, who really knows? At least they're supporting the handset so far.

Regarding wireless charging, mine is super slow, but better than that. I'm using an Aukey wireless pad (not fast charging) and it does about 1% every three minutes. Perhaps their Fast Charging version will work better. I didn't get it because you need to use a fast charging base for it to work and I'm using all of mine already.
    Seems like my issue was with the Samsung base... I bought the Insignia Qi wireless base, popped it up overnight with the LG Fast charger attached rather than the one that comes with it, and when I was up at 5am the phone was already at 100%.

With the Samsung base I would be lucky to hit 80% with or without a case.
    I've just realised, maybe you can't see my sig...?
    I have a V20 not a G6 although for the purposes of our posts I don't think it would matter?

And yeah you're doing great on battery.

Yeah, I'm on the xda app, so I dont see sign.

I don't think it should matter though, the V20 launched with nougat.

But maybe there is some small hardware difference with, and that makes up the issue.

I can lock by double tapping the status bar, it's just a little.. Sloppy.