LG G6 UnBrick (New Method)

Search This thread

jthein1989

Dec 6, 2010
Barberton
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
LG G6 Unbrick

First Thing First: If you try this method, I nor anybody else is responsible
for any further damage done to your phone.

!!!YOU CANNOT FLASH THIS TO AN H872!!!
If you have destroyed the partitions, you are going to have to try Method 2 (Second Post)​

Models Confirmed: LS993, H871, H870ds, H870, AS993

READ THE ENTIRE GUIDE OVER BEFORE STARTING

Files needed:
All Here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OQnP2tu7hqlR0tbEdxLnzj_xOx12Ndvu
CLICK “DOWNLOAD ALL” IN TOP RIGHT CORNER

Working KDZ for your model : https://lg-firmwares.com/

UNBRICK PROCEDURE:
(DO NOT CONNECT PHONE UNTIL STEP 6)

Step 1) Download Files ---> Duh, lol

Step 2) Install QDLoader Driver (Select the driver for your system, 32 or 64-bit)
Use The new Signed driver.

Step 3) Extract AS993 to a folder. Any folder will work.

Step 4) Copy FireHose to same folder as AS993.

Step 5) Extract Qualcomm_Flash_Image_Loader_v2.0.1.9 to any folder.

Step 6) Start QFIL.

Under “Select Build Type” Select “Flat Build”

Under “Select Programmer” click “Browse”

Browse to the AS993 folder you created earlier and select the Firehose, hit open

In the Title Bar, click Configuration ->FireHose Configuration

Uncheck every checkbox, choose “Sahara” in Download Protocol dropdown, and “ufs” in
Device Type dropdown

Hit OK

Under “Select Flat Build” click “Load XML”

Browse to AS993 folder and select every rawprogram XML and hit open.
A windows will pop up asking to select Patch XML, Select every Patch XML, and hit open.

Connect Phone and click Download

If you encounter an error, try to reboot the phone and try download again
(Hold Vol Down + Power until you see COM port disappear and show up again)

Wait for download to finish.......

Phone will reboot to Fastboot

Step 7) Install LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3

Step 8) Extract LGUP Patch rar to :program Files:\LG Electronics\LGUP

Put Phone into Download Mode (Unplug Phone → Turn phone off → Hold Vol Up → Plug Phone In)

Step 9) Run LGUP

In Model List window choose your phone and click Select

Under “Process” Select “Partition DL”

Under “File Path” to the right of “Bin File” click the button with 3 periods

Select your working KDZ

Click Start

A window will pop-up with partitions. Check select all, and then OK

Another window will pop-up explaining which partitions will change, click Yes

Wait for Flash to complete.......

!!!AFTER RESTART, YOU MUST FACTORY RESET!!!

To Perform Factory Reset Do The Following:

HOLD VOL DOWN + POWER, AS SOON AS YOU SEE BOOT SCREEN, RELEASE POWER BUTTON FOR A MOMENT, THEN CONTINUE HOLDING POWER AND VOL DOWN.

!!!DO NOT RELEASE POWER OR VOL DOWN BUTTONS UNTIL FACTORY RESET MENU APPEARS!!!

Use VOL UP\DOWN to choose to complete Factory Reset, then hit Power Button to perform Factory Reset.

CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR PHONE IS NOW UNBRICKED!

ScreenShots to Come, and Edits to be made.

Edit: H870ds, H870 and AS993 added to working models

Removed old drivers from Google Drive for simplicity.​

Last edited:

Tinyshy

Apr 3, 2017
Nelson
Firehose exists for g6 now? Would this allow me to safely pry at LG's bootloader without permanent bricks? Would love to take it into my own hands but couldn't afford the risks before. I'm using a Canadian H873

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
I should mention that you don't need to use the xml stuff.
In QFIL in one of the top menus, there's a partition option, where it reads the gpt from the phone and you can select them and flash individual files. So you can flash directly bootloader
or whatever you need from your proper kdz source.

draekko

Apr 22, 2013
draekko.com
Firehose exists for g6 now? Would this allow me to safely pry at LG's bootloader without permanent bricks? Would love to take it into my own hands but couldn't afford the risks before. I'm using a Canadian H873
Did you try it yet?

I'm also trying to fix a dead Canadian H873 (Videotron Carrier). Had tried my hand in the past at creating the patch.xml and rawprog0.xml (one method had me peek at the gpt files using an excel/libreoffice spreadheet) but failed for various reason also not having a proper programmer file didn't help any.

Last edited:

draekko

Apr 22, 2013
draekko.com
For those that encounter issues with either the programmer file failing or getting sahara fail FHLoader, something like cannot find system file try this:

1. Make sure to reboot phone and hit download to phone in QFIL right away. On my device sahara seemed to be timing out quickly.
2. For the second error using the QFIL included with QPST 2.7.474 fixed it.

Sadly i tried to refresh the phone using the backup files i was given with it but now it doesn't get detected. Holding power button the phone vibrates and nothing else happens. Tread lightly.

So good news the programmer file works (tried it on a H873 Videotron variant), bad news do it right the first time or else.

Time to start searching for a way to force it back into edl.

SonKlam

Jul 13, 2019
Hi everyone, I have just bricked my G6, hard brick I think ( does not charge, cant get into download mode, cant hard reset either, only show Qualcomm qloader 9008"). This happened after I tried cross flashing it from LS993 to H872 ( I now know that a NO NO ). Can someone here help me on how to get it back to life ? I ve read quite a lot of different topics but the more I research the more confused I am. Some say I need to restore to stock firmware, but there is no stock firmware for LS993... Any help would be greatly appreciated and I hope you have a very great day

Fonseca0303

Jul 16, 2019
Read my method, download the files, read it again, and follow the steps.
Friend, I congratulate you for your great contribution and help many. I have the same problem but the program tells me that ...
download fail: Sahara Fail: QsaharaServer Fail: Process Fail.

ps: I have the model H870

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Read my method, download the files, read it again, and follow the steps.
Friend, I congratulate you for your great contribution and help many. I have the same problem but the program tells me that ...
download fail: Sahara Fail: QsaharaServer Fail: Process Fail. :confused:

ps: I have the model H870

MatSNA

Jul 17, 2019
Hi!
I am trying to follow the steps shown but my computer do not recognize my H870 in "select" port :/
any idea?
thank you very much :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LG G6 Unbrick

If you have destroyed the partitions, you are going to have to try Method 2 (Second Post)​

Files needed:

UNBRICK PROCEDURE:

Step 2) Install QDLoader Driver (Select the driver for your system, 32 or 64-bit)

Step 6) Start QFIL.

Browse to the AS993 folder you created earlier and select the Firehose, hit open

Uncheck every checkbox, choose “Sahara” in Download Protocol dropdown, and “ufs” in
    Device Type dropdown

Hit OK

A windows will pop up asking to select Patch XML, Select every Patch XML, and hit open.

Put Phone into Download Mode (Unplug Phone → Turn phone off → Hold Vol Up → Plug Phone In)

Step 9) Run LGUP

Select your working KDZ

Click Start

HOLD VOL DOWN + POWER, AS SOON AS YOU SEE BOOT SCREEN, RELEASE POWER BUTTON FOR A MOMENT, THEN CONTINUE HOLDING POWER AND VOL DOWN.

Use VOL UP\DOWN to choose to complete Factory Reset, then hit Power Button to perform Factory Reset.

care to help ? keep getting Sahara error that says "System cannot find the files specified" ?

I was getting this same error. After some digging I found that is was because QFIL was looking for "fh_loader.exe".
    I've solved this by downloading QFIL 1.0.0.3 and copied ft_loader.exe from 1.0.0.3 to the 2.0.1.9 folder.
    LG G6 Unbrick

If you have destroyed the partitions, you are going to have to try Method 2 (Second Post)

Files needed:

UNBRICK PROCEDURE:

Step 6) Start QFIL.

Device Type dropdown

Hit OK

Step 9) Run LGUP

Select your working KDZ

Click Start

Thank you for your wonderful post. Mine is a V30 but your post helped me a lot to understand things. I even used files from a g6 to revive my v30 and it worked. So I am going to post the way I made it in case anyone get help.
    use cracked miracle box

Can't thank you enough mate! Used it and miracle did happen. I even tried to use it before but after you said it, I tried hard this time. Searched here and there, then took some risk and started to do things like this way -

I had V30_UNBRICK.zip unzipped in a folder with firehose and xml files.

*Disable defender or any other antivirus. (Normally not recommended, but it's the first thing I do when doing these things, also I have an extra laptop where I do all these which doesn't have any private or necessary files).

*Also, driver signature enforcement on Windows(https :// windowsreport.com/driver-signature-enforcement-windows-10/)

1. I searched and found Miracle box Thunder v2.93 with loader (No box needed)
    2. Select Qualcomm, then flashing and Write Flash.
    3. Untick the auto button beside firehose.
    4. Under "write flash"
    see this image
    i. Select firehose, this doesn't recognize the .elf file so renamed it to .mbn (finger was crossed) and it worked!
    ii. There are six rawprogram?.xml and patch?.xml (Here, ? = 1, 2, 3....6), I only used rawprogram0.xml and
    iii. patch0.xml
    5. Got everything ready and then detached the phone from cable.
    6. Pressed the start button right after entering into Testpoint EDL Mode. The process starts and failed after a while due to missing files. Then I matched which files were present corresponding to the lines in the xml file, after that deleted all the extra lines(i. e. file was not present in the V30_UNBRICK.zip) from rawprogram0.xml and saved the file (patch0.xml was untouched). I used Notepad++ for editing.
    7. Again detached the phone, detached battery, reattached battery, pressed the start button right after I shorted the edl test points, even before the device was detected in the device manager, no delay.
    8. The process was completed, files flashed. These files were flashed so that we can now flash proper kdz with download mode.
    9. Detached the battery, shorted power button for a while(skip if you don't understand), reattached the battery.
    10. Pressed volume up and inserted USB cable. Not detected first time. Detached and reattached with pressing volume button hard this time.
    11. witnessed one of the happiest moment seeing it was detected as an LG device in device manager. Wasn't 100% sure yet.
    12. Flashed chiperase(important) with patched LGUP in dev mode. And it was done.
    13. I will upload the XML file, you can use it with the existing files inside V30_UNBRICK.zip.

the xml file here

Before doing all that I spent five horrific days searching for a solution and almost ordered a motherboard from Aliexpress with a price tag of $100. I tried to be as elaborative as possible so that whoever next encounter the issue don't have to go through what I experienced past few days. If you're reading this and having a problem understanding anything, read again, repeat 10 times, then repeat more 10 times(worked for me), Keep flashing, peace. :)
    I have hardbricked my phone. Qualcomm qdloader9008 when I connect to pc. no booting,no vibration,no download mode.
    I have tried to flash kdz partitions with qfil but no luck.
    I read somewhere that Qualcomm boot process goes like this.
    pbl→sbl(xbl)→aboot→laf

My doubt is that,our lg v20 has xbl,xblbak,xbl2,xbl2bak.

so to flash xbl,do I need to foash all 4 xbls as above mentioned???

Have you tried entering download mode again after the failed try? You might have inadvertently at least fixed download mode already.

I am guessing you don't have files for LG V20 partitions in XML format? For LG V35 and V40 phones I have been able to enter download mode just by restoring only the bootloader (abl_a and abl_b) and laf partitions.
    I just tried to root my H872 and bricked it (because the instructions for rooting it are not detailed enough!!
    (I really wish people would use English correctly when posting critical instructions) I have rooted many phones and know what I'm doing. Now it just won't turn on at all.

Anyway, I know this thread is not for the H872 but I do get 9008 in the device manager when I plug it in. Does that mean that it may actually work? or will it absolutely not work because it's an H872?

That is a no-go. It doesn't matter that the device goes into 9008 mode (they all do) the H872 model simply cannot use the UFS programmer for its sister devices. I haven't the faintest idea why LG had T-Mobile's variant uses a differently signed programmer on identical hardware. Unfortunately, nobody has leaked the H872 programmer, at least publicly. As it stands currently your options are...

A. Send the phone to LG for out-of-warranty repair.
    B. Send the phone to a handful of people in Vietnam who will replace your eMMC and essentially convert your phone to a H870.
    C. Buy a new phone. Pixel 4 and OnePlus 7T (or Pro) are looking good.