LG G7 G710PM converted to ULM

Search This thread

RaymerG6

Dec 19, 2017
I bought a lg g7 on ebay thinking it was the 710 ULM but investigating I realized that it was the 710pm converted to ULM. Is there any possibility to upload it to PIE since it does not update by OTA ...

sirbow2

May 21, 2013
return it and buy a pixel 3.

or get the modified lg up from here and the latest firmware from here

but seriously dont buy a g7. it could be great with a great rom, but there just isnt a lot of development behind it.

kukuteku

Aug 21, 2013
-Here- You can find step by step what I did to get android Pie 9 on LG G7. I had the same Phone, PM crossflashed to ULM.

LG G7 its a great phone, but if you want a phone with a large development community behind, this is not the chose one. IMO even not worth to try flash Custom Recovery or Root, there is not good rom out there and the Stock Rom with Android Pie work flawless.

Every Phone what I've have before got Custom Rom/Revovery since day One, but lately is not necessary to survive. A lot of things already are on stock rom. Anyway, I dont have any regret with this LG G7 (Good performance, Good Price $140), my last phone was a LePro 3 x727 with a great performance on Custom Rom (SD821, 4/64Gb Android 9 AOSiP, Magisk, Gcam Etc...) And I dont miss it at all...

Last edited:
Reactions: RaymerG6

EmanuelCN

Mar 29, 2017
LG G7 ThinQ
Xiaomi Poco F3
-Here- You can find step by step what I did to get android Pie 9 on LG G7. I had the same Phone, PM crossflashed to ULM.

LG G7 its a great phone, but if you want a phone with a large development community behind, this is not the chose one. IMO even not worth to try flash Custom Recovery or Root, there is not good rom out there and the Stock Rom with Android Pie work flawless.

Every Phone what I've have before got Custom Rom/Revovery since day One, but lately is not necessary to survive. A lot of things already are on stock rom. Anyway, I dont have any regret with this LG G7 (Good performance, Good Price $140), my last phone was a LePro 3 x727 with a great performance on Custom Rom (SD821, 4/64Gb Android 9 AOSiP, Magisk, Gcam Etc...) And I dont miss it at all...

lineage os 16 is great wdym is not worth also custom kernel too (tno kernel) it makes this phone fly and u can install gcam on lineage and u have camera and very good performance its ages ahead stock rom.

lynchknot

May 13, 2016
I bought this phone as well. It was too late to return it but I complained anyway. They gave me a $20 refund.

So all I can do is install lineage os 17 since there will be no OTA? Installing that OS or any OS looks very complicated. There is no way to upgrade from Oreo without wiping all the data?

Last edited:
Reactions: Uuugh

ThatLatinGuy

Jul 30, 2013
I bought this phone as well. It was too late to return it but I complained anyway. They gave me a $20 refund.

So all I can do is install lineage os 17 since there will be no OTA? Installing that OS or any OS looks very complicated. There is no way to upgrade from Oreo without wiping all the data?
Sadly not , but the crossflash process is not that difficult if you follow the guide .

I have sucessfully updated 2 G7's one pm(sprint) and a vm(verizon) both working pretty great on android 10. Can't speak about volte or wifi calling since I've bever used those services so if you are interested in that I can't give you any input

On the other hand you could try lineage os or any ither or the custom roms and some of them do support updates from within the same rom , no facotry reset needed unless upgrading from lets say 10 to 11

zim2dive

Feb 15, 2007
NC
I have a PM I am trying to sell .. it was cross-flashed before I bought it.. I used as a wi-fi only phone very happily (that was my goal).. but am trying to get it saleable.... I cannot find an official Sprint ROM to flash? ie. I want to flash it back and sell it as original (ie. usable for Sprint) rather than sell as a frankenstein. Any pointers?

kukuteku

Aug 21, 2013
I have a PM I am trying to sell .. it was cross-flashed before I bought it.. I used as a wi-fi only phone very happily (that was my goal).. but am trying to get it saleable.... I cannot find an official Sprint ROM to flash? ie. I want to flash it back and sell it as original (ie. usable for Sprint) rather than sell as a frankenstein. Any pointers?

There is not Sprint stock Rom avaliable. Cross flash is a not-return journey. Anyway, there is nothing worng with crosflashed Roms, just a couple apps you cant download from Gplay Store, but you can grab apk from another store. On android 10 you can install some from Gplay like Netflix.

KGO87

Mar 14, 2021
There is not Sprint stock Rom avaliable. Cross flash is a not-return journey. Anyway, there is nothing worng with crosflashed Roms, just a couple apps you cant download from Gplay Store, but you can grab apk from another store. On android 10 you can install some from Gplay like Netflix.
Which is what leads me to believe that most of the ‘ULM-PM’ model isn’t actually anything crossflashed but an actual ULM model ,that has imei that were simply issued to sprint assigned by lg firmware distribution division wtfever...
And that sprint G7’s simply were ulm models is all..
There may be crossflashed variant phones also BUT when u buy a bnib SEALED lg g7 and box says ulm but the sticker isn’t the ‘standard ulm’ and u look up imei and it says sprint..
well.... um yeah logic common sense wouuuuld dictate..

Thee Above^

**now if it were after the tmobile buyout then ofc the firmware would be MIGHT been ‘TM’
Any questions...
It’s already been said that most all g7 have ALL the bands but you have to enter a service menu to enable the ones the modem leaves open avail
Any other questions. .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

return it and buy a pixel 3.

or get the modified lg up from here and the latest firmware from here

but seriously dont buy a g7. it could be great with a great rom, but there just isnt a lot of development behind it.
    there is quite a lot if you join the TELEGRAM Group ... the phone is great