Lg g7 thinq (lg710pm) to (g710ulm10g)

Search This thread

Radha09

Apr 13, 2016
Few weeks ago i got a LG G7 “UNLOCKED” on ebay, the phone had a sticker where it said model “LGG710PM”, the bad news i was stuck with a FIRMWARE LM-G710ULM (V10b-LAO-COM) MAY 2018. I tried updating the phone via OTA or LGBridge and i had no luck. So i looked online for the correct KDZ file for the LGG710PM and also no luck, So what i did is look for a G710ULM KDZ, but the only one the i could find was the G710ULM10G_00 (https://www.mylgphones.com/lg-g7-thinq-project-fi-stock-firmware-g710ulm10g.html) . So after searching online and watching some videos on youtube if this could work, i found a youtuber video (MAXLEE) he change a FIRMWARE of sprint to a Canadian FIRMWARE and it work he did it on a LG G6. So what i did is try it on MY G7 model LGG710PM“ the only thing is that on the G7 there's a few more steps to do:

1) Download G710ULM10G_00 KDZ file
https://www.mylgphones.com/lg-g7-thinq-project-fi-stock-firmware-g710ulm10g.html

2) Download LGUP and install (make sure to use this link for download and follow instructions, like this you don't get an error when
you insert the KDZ file and hit START).
https://mega.nz/#!kCpHBaia!xZmico6MYL1T07ffuc8z6cCbs5oU4pKEz5VG-AwfvV0

A) Make sure you don't have LGBrige installed, if so UNINSTALL and delete any folder of LGBridge after you have uninstalled
(C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics)

B) Download the LGUP zip file and unzip, if you don't have the drivers install lgdrives(The file is inside the folder LGUP-LG G7 ThinQ).
After that install “LGUP_Install_Ver_1_14_3 (1).msi “ file.
a>

C) After installing LGUP you must go to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP and copy the first three files(CODEFIRE, LOG,
model) from the UNZIPED FILE from step B.

D) Go to file “model” (C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model) then go to file “common”....go to step “E” don't close the
window….

E) Go to the UNZIP FOLDER, go to file WindowsLGFirmwareExtract-1.2.6.1-Release. Run “WindowsLGFirmwareExtract.exe” and select
the KDZ file you downloaded, then make sure you
check on “LGUPc.dll. EXTRACT KDZ.

F) A file “LGUPc.dll” will be created, Copy that file into the folder “common”...... you should had left that window open from step “D”. Rename the actual “LGUP_Common.dll” to
“LGUP_CommonDDD.dll” and “LGUPc.dll” to “LGUP_Common.dll” and then deltate the “LGUP_CommonDDD.dll”.

Open LGUP...put your phone in download mode... select the KDZ file you downloaded from step “1” and in PROCESS select REFURBISH…. Then click START.

Last edited:

hytl

Dec 2, 2007
Thanks for posting the guide but I don't see any links to download the files on step 2

hytl

Dec 2, 2007

hytl

Dec 2, 2007
Could you please post screenshot of your phone software info? Is your SN under Hardware info blank?

hytl

Dec 2, 2007
I just checked with LGBridge. It still says "Cannot check software version. Please try again". I don't think we will be able to do OTA update in the future.

Radha09

Apr 13, 2016
I just checked with LGBridge. It still says "Cannot check software version. Please try again". I don't think we will be able to do OTA update in the future.

Yeah, i think its because the firmware is from another hardware and not the sprint.... at least we are not stuck on MAY......

Reactions: hytl

hytl

Dec 2, 2007

jonahy

Sep 26, 2006
New York
Great! So is safe to flash then . Besides S/N still blank, any other side effect after flash? I assume storage 64gb still same, imie # still same, phone still unlocked, lte signal better? Good to see wifi calling is enabled.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Radha09

Apr 13, 2016
Great! So is safe to flash then . Besides S/N still blank, any other side effect after flash? I assume storage 64gb still same, imie # still same, phone still unlocked, lte signal better? Good to see wifi calling is enabled.
Yes I guess it's safe it worked for me and also for member hytl. Everything is working fine, the phone is still unlocked, and everything else is the same nothing changes. You get battery improvement and camera. LTE signal it's the same for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Few weeks ago i got a LG G7 “UNLOCKED” on ebay, the phone had a sticker where it said model “LGG710PM”, the bad news i was stuck with a FIRMWARE LM-G710ULM (V10b-LAO-COM) MAY 2018. I tried updating the phone via OTA or LGBridge and i had no luck. So i looked online for the correct KDZ file for the LGG710PM and also no luck, So what i did is look for a G710ULM KDZ, but the only one the i could find was the G710ULM10G_00 (https://www.mylgphones.com/lg-g7-thinq-project-fi-stock-firmware-g710ulm10g.html) . So after searching online and watching some videos on youtube if this could work, i found a youtuber video (MAXLEE) he change a FIRMWARE of sprint to a Canadian FIRMWARE and it work he did it on a LG G6. So what i did is try it on MY G7 model LGG710PM“ the only thing is that on the G7 there's a few more steps to do:

1) Download G710ULM10G_00 KDZ file
    https://www.mylgphones.com/lg-g7-thinq-project-fi-stock-firmware-g710ulm10g.html

2) Download LGUP and install (make sure to use this link for download and follow instructions, like this you don't get an error when
    you insert the KDZ file and hit START).
    https://mega.nz/#!kCpHBaia!xZmico6MYL1T07ffuc8z6cCbs5oU4pKEz5VG-AwfvV0

A) Make sure you don't have LGBrige installed, if so UNINSTALL and delete any folder of LGBridge after you have uninstalled
    (C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics)

B) Download the LGUP zip file and unzip, if you don't have the drivers install lgdrives(The file is inside the folder LGUP-LG G7 ThinQ).
    After that install “LGUP_Install_Ver_1_14_3 (1).msi “ file.
    a>

C) After installing LGUP you must go to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP and copy the first three files(CODEFIRE, LOG,
    model) from the UNZIPED FILE from step B.

D) Go to file “model” (C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model) then go to file “common”....go to step “E” don't close the
    window….

E) Go to the UNZIP FOLDER, go to file WindowsLGFirmwareExtract-1.2.6.1-Release. Run “WindowsLGFirmwareExtract.exe” and select
    the KDZ file you downloaded, then make sure you
    check on “LGUPc.dll. EXTRACT KDZ.

F) A file “LGUPc.dll” will be created, Copy that file into the folder “common”...... you should had left that window open from step “D”. Rename the actual “LGUP_Common.dll” to
    “LGUP_CommonDDD.dll” and “LGUPc.dll” to “LGUP_Common.dll” and then deltate the “LGUP_CommonDDD.dll”.

Open LGUP...put your phone in download mode... select the KDZ file you downloaded from step “1” and in PROCESS select REFURBISH…. Then click START.
    I encouraged myself to go to vm, for those who want to go from ulm to vrz, follow these steps:

1) Download the firmware VRZ (update 2019-03-14) https://downloads.lg-firmwares.com/get/a42fdbf7f618577f38368c9786dee3e3/G710VM10i_02_0211.kdz
    2) Download the DUAL LGUP https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MJ5sjpzlZyRVoqUhwsNkAo_FHNbaMNy5
    3) uninstall the LGUP software or any other lg software
    4) Install the drivers lg http://tool.cdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425
    5) Reinstall LGUP, at the end they will choose setdev.bat to create the DLL.
    6) When they are flashing, they will use the partition dll and select everything.
    7) The device will start but will not pass the animation, it must be flashed anew with the option of refurbish.
    8) Now it will start, it will restart the logo and give you the welcome screen.

Greetings!!! ... and I hope it serves you ;)
    I bought sprint unlocked phone preinstalled with G710ULM10g from ebay for T-Mobile network .Upgraded to Android Pie G710ULM20d June patch 3 months ago with LGUP tool manually and today updated again to October patch G710ULM20e.Every time there is a new patch you have to repeat the same process.

1) Download kdz file from this site
    lg-firmwares.com/downloads-file/21135/G710ULM20e_00_NAO_US_OP_1010

Note:- It's not allowing me to post hyperlinks ,just add secure protocol before links i.e https://
    I realized all links are in the first post.Just download above firmware.
    LGUP Tool Flashing Image
    LG Support Tool Current Version After Update

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

@EPayan Yes you can.See the link to LGUP tool image I posted.The reason why I posted that image is to point the correct versions.I did flashing with different versions of LGUP tools and DLL's finally I found the correct versions that worked with my phone.I came across the same error you mentioned with different version of DLL.Just make sure you have correct version and place rom file in LGUP tool directory ,after everything is in order disconnect phone and switch phone to download mode and reconnect and flash (I wish I came across this first post before I wasted valuable time )

Hi. I also bought a G7ULM but I think it's a PM flashed. I am stuck on Oreo 8.0 with July Security Patch and 710ULM10f firmware.

Can I use this method to get manually update to Pie?
    Any risk of Brick?

Thanks.

***************************EDIT ************************
    I am trying but say Missing .DLL and i dont know what else to do.

***************************EDIT 2***************************
    **************************SOLVED**************************
    Wel I just follow this intruction, thank to @Jafet Guadamuz, Post #156, Pag. 16

1) Download the firmware ULM20e (update 2019-11-14) --HERE-- (ULM Firmware its the free unlocked version for USA, No bloatware at all)
    2) Download the DUAL LGUP https://mega.nz/#!Jww2GIAa!efSwLp3vCl1ajANCutYGWn6qimypN5KMzW1xS3M0YSY **Link fixed**
    3) uninstall any lg software (Very Important!!!)
    4) Install the drivers lg https://mega.nz/#!FwxjiYQa!qZAFZNNNyFFuPrzDQp0C2KW_CmoQaaoY7hq-mFrvuAM
    5) install LGUP, at the end they will choose setdev.bat usin Right click and "execute as an administrator" to create the DLL. (This step its very important, I was getting DLL missing error with the main post method, this work fine for me)
    ----Open LGUPD and do not close it.
    ----Now Turn Off the movil and put it in "Download Mode", Press Volme (+) and Conect it to PC via USB (LGUP should now "See" the Movil
    6) On LGUP Flashing Screen, use the partition dll and select "Refurbished" and Select the .KDZ file that you al ready downloaded
    7) Now it will start, it will restart the logo and give you the welcome screen. in my case, phone reboot normally Twice,after second reboot its ready to wizard configuration!!!!

Remember, i Bouth a Sprint Movil with ULM firmware and I was stuck with no Update on Android Oreo 8.0 FW 710ULM10f and July 2018 Security Patch, Now I am on Android Pie 9, Clean FW 710ULM20e with 1st October 2019 Security patch!!!!
    Still no S/N and I dont know if Google Pay Works because I dont use it.
    Thank you and I hope to help!!!!!
    I decided to flash Verizon. Followed the steps in the original post. At the last step I got an error "Not support cross model download G710ULM to G710VM" I wonder if I downloaded the wrong kdz. I followed the link for Verizon and there were two kdz files. I might have downloaded the "VRS" region instead of the "VRZ" region (it had a slightly newer date). would that have been my problem?

Download this to your desktop https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MJ5sjpzlZyRVoqUhwsNkAo_FHNbaMNy5?usp=sharing Right click on the setdev.bat and run as administrator it will auto put dll for you then open lgup connect phone and press repartition dl then press start then box to select all press ok few seconds later press yes after wards press reset phone when the phone boots up
    Hi, I updated to the Verizon firmware and here are the good news:
    - shortly after I received a couple of updates.
    - Google pay seems to be working (it allowed me to add a card, but I did not try using it, but I believe it is OK)

The bad:
    - I am using a non-Verizon SIM and I get the warning The SIM card is not from Verizon. It will show up again after every reboot
    - The phone did not accept the APN settings. I had to manually add them.
    - Another warning trying to set up Wi-Fi calling, but it does not work (probably non Verizon SIM)
    - Bloatware: It doesn't seem to be a lot. I didn't try to remove them yet

- Others
    - When I added the SIM the phone informed it was a non-Verizon so it switched to the Global mode. Not sure what if the difference
    - I service menu *#546368#*710# does not work on this firmware. The ##77647226710 is accepted but it asks for the Service code and 000000 is not accepted. I was looking for the menu to test LTE bands. I had done a list from the ULM version and wanted to compare, but I cannot access on this version.