• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG G8 Demo Unit Flash

Search This thread

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
Do exactly as instruction says. It's risky and taking several hours but there's no alternate approach.
I think I am one step closer since when I made the change from G820QM5 to G820UM I got the signal bars, I was able to enter the *#*#4636#*#* menu and change the bands and I was able to verify that if it is activating the cellular radio and connecting to the network, but for some strange reason it keeps giving a message that the service server is blocked, I don't know where the configuration is that tells the modem that everything is ok

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
Do exactly as instruction says. It's risky and taking several hours but there's no alternate approach.
Sorry for being so annoying and insistent but if you would be so kind to review the following link so I can see why I want a backup of modemst1 and moddmst2 to try to unlock it

Post in thread '[Discussion] Let's Brainstorm a SIM Unlock. (Unlocked Sprint Owners Please Help).' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rint-owners-please-help.3724135/post-75095776

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
Sorry for being so annoying and insistent but if you would be so kind to review the following link so I can see why I want a backup of modemst1 and moddmst2 to try to unlock it

Post in thread '[Discussion] Let's Brainstorm a SIM Unlock. (Unlocked Sprint Owners Please Help).' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rint-owners-please-help.3724135/post-75095776
No problem, you're not annoying my friend. Actually I like the way you're trying to make the phone alive again.
Modemst1,2 and fsg as their backup of an LG G8 won't work on another LG G8.
Their information are encrypted with hardware number as a key. So every phone has its specific, unique modemst1,2. Information in these partitions are verified before OS gets loaded and changed every time phone turns off and on to make decryption harder.
You can see it by yourself. Dump the modemst1, turn it on and off and again dump modemst1 and compare them.

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
No problem, you're not annoying my friend. Actually I like the way you're trying to make the phone alive again.
Modemst1,2 and fsg as their backup of an LG G8 won't work on another LG G8.
Their information are encrypted with hardware number as a key. So every phone has its specific, unique modemst1,2. Information in these partitions are verified before OS gets loaded and changed every time phone turns off and on to make decryption harder.
You can see it by yourself. Dump the modemst1, turn it on and off and again dump modemst1 and compare them.
The only thing that did not matter is in which partition the sim lock is located, I understand that the modem is unique for each computer and is encrypted with the SoC, but I do not want to modify the modem, I just want to find out what type of lock it has to it does not allow the OS to use the radio normally because as I told you before now that I did the crossflashing I have signal bars and in the hidden menu I see that the cellular radio does connect to the cell towers via UMTS and LTE

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
The only thing that did not matter is in which partition the sim lock is located, I understand that the modem is unique for each computer and is encrypted with the SoC, but I do not want to modify the modem, I just want to find out what type of lock it has to it does not allow the OS to use the radio normally because as I told you before now that I did the crossflashing I have signal bars and in the hidden menu I see that the cellular radio does connect to the cell towers via UMTS and LTE
Trust me and do what I told you.
If the phone has no IMEI or NT-Code it triggers a lock to prevent from having network connection.
The only way to resolve this, except using Octopus box, is 1. repair IMEI and 2. Put an NT-Code in MID Info. To fulfill the matter you have to follow the instructions.

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
Trust me and do what I told you.
If the phone has no IMEI or NT-Code it triggers a lock to prevent from having network connection.
The only way to resolve this, except using Octopus box, is 1. repair IMEI and 2. Put an NT-Code in MID Info. To fulfill the matter you have to follow the instructions.
ok friend, I will follow your advice, I only ask if you please have the Link to a tutorial on recovering imei and the NT and MID code, I would greatly appreciate it

Top Liked Posts