LG G8 Demo Unit Flash

Search This thread

__Mr_LoVeR__

Aug 19, 2021
note: I'm not responsible for any loss, damage, harm or anything at all.

use qfil.

I am a visual person and a newbie. I am the type of person who needs a video or pictures to understand or follow along. Text tutorials unforuntly are difficult and hard for me and plus i dropped out of school in secondary
It would be amazing if you could make a video on this on Youtube if it that isnt much to ask.
Thank You I will return to keep a close eye on this thread.

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
LG V30
I am a visual person and a newbie. I am the type of person who needs a video or pictures to understand or follow along. Text tutorials unforuntly are difficult and hard for me and plus i dropped out of school in secondary
It would be amazing if you could make a video on this on Youtube if it that isnt much to ask.
Thank You I will return to keep a close eye on this thread.
thanks for considering but I don't have requirements.

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
note: I'm not responsible for any loss, damage, harm or anything at all.

use qfil.
1. extract any kdz you wanna flash using kdztools master with the "-c" command.
1-a. by this command you get the true GPT files needed for partitioning alongside other partitions but we just use these GPT partitions here.
2. again, extract the kdz this time using "-x" command.
2-a. running the command will give you "OP" and other partitions but we just use these OP partitions now.
2-a-a. search the forum and find the solution how to make a correct OP partitions. or use google translate on this link.
3. for the third time, extract kdz this time using "kdztools.exe". here, we use all partitions except GPT and OP the we got in steps 1 and 2.
4. go to dload.
5. run qfil and go to partition manager. (you need firehose and some settings, search for them you'll find them all in a breeze).
6. if I were you I'd back up all partitions, but for emergency just back up the ftm, modem, modemst1, modemst2, fsg and fsc partitions.
7. delete all partitions.
note: do not disconnect the phone, do not close qfil, even do not close the partition manager window or you will get into trouble.
8. now we need to re-partition the ufs flash using GPT files we got in step 1.
9. rename gpt files from the pattern "gpt_main#.anythin" to "lun#.bin". so gpt_main0.anythind will become LUN0.BIN and gpt_main1.anything will turn into LUN1.BIN.
10. copy LUN files into the qpst/bin directory.
11. go to the directory of qpst/bin and run cmd there. (hold shift button and then right click...)
12. go to device manager and find the port number of the phone connected in dload.
13. find "COM999" in codes in step 14 and then replace "999" with the port number of your device (you found in step 12) in below codes.
14. in the cmd line execute these codes:
LUN0 fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=LUN0_Complete.bin --start_sector=0 --lun=0 --num_sectors=4328072 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs LUN1 fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=LUN1_Complete.bin --start_sector=0 --lun=1 --num_sectors=2048 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs LUN2 fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=LUN2_Complete.bin --start_sector=0 --lun=2 --num_sectors=2048 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs LUN3 fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=LUN3_Complete.bin --start_sector=0 --lun=3 --num_sectors=2048 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs LUN4 fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=LUN4_Complete.bin --start_sector=0 --lun=4 --num_sectors=383995 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs LUN5 fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=LUN5_Complete.bin --start_sector=0 --lun=5 --num_sectors=3072 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs LUN6 fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=LUN6_Complete.bin --start_sector=0 --lun=6 --num_sectors=1024 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs
15. if everything goes right you will get "done" in the cmd window.
16. after getting "done", close partition window and re-open it to see your partitions are back.
17. now you need to restore partitions.
17-a. except op partitions you made in step 2, we use files for other partitions we got in step 3.
18. make sure all partitions have the "img" extension in their names.
19. use following codes in cmd (run in qpst/bin directory), remember to correct "COM999" before executing codes.
19-a. copy partition files you got from step 2 and 3 into qpst/bin directory.
fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=mpt.img --start_sector=6 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=drm.img --start_sector=8198 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=p_persist_lg.img --start_sector=11782 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=sns.img --start_sector=11782 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=ssd.img --start_sector=15366 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=persist.img --start_sector=15368 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=misc.img --start_sector=23560 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=ftm.img --start_sector=23816 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=power.img --start_sector=32008 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=encrypt.img --start_sector=43272 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=eksst.img --start_sector=43400 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=rct.img --start_sector=43528 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=fota.img --start_sector=43656 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=srtc.img --start_sector=46216 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=pstore.img --start_sector=48264 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=els.img --start_sector=48776 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=operatorlogging.img --start_sector=52872 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=eri.img --start_sector=56968 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=carrier.img --start_sector=59016 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=persdata.img --start_sector=71304 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=metadata.img --start_sector=87688 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=vendor_a.img --start_sector=91784 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=vendor_b.img --start_sector=526984 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=system_a.img --start_sector=962184 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=system_b.img --start_sector=1944200 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=product_a.img --start_sector=2926216 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=product_b.img --start_sector=3450504 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=OP_a.img --start_sector=3974792 --lun=0 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------LUN1--------------------------------------------LUN1--------------------------------------------LUN1--------------------------------------------LUN1----------------------- fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=LUN1.img --start_sector=0 --lun=1 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=xbl_a.img --start_sector=6 --lun=1 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=xbl_config_a.img --start_sector=902 --lun=1 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------LUN2--------------------------------------------LUN2--------------------------------------------LUN2--------------------------------------------LUN2----------------------- fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=LUN2.img --start_sector=0 --lun=2 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=xbl_b.img --start_sector=6 --lun=2 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=xbl_config_b.img --start_sector=902 --lun=2 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------LUN4--------------------------------------------LUN4--------------------------------------------LUN4--------------------------------------------LUN4----------------------- fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=aop_a.img --start_sector=6 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=tz_a.img --start_sector=134 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=hyp_a.img --start_sector=1158 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=modem_a.img --start_sector=1290 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=mdtpsecapp_a.img --start_sector=57610 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=mdtp_a.img --start_sector=58634 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=abl_a.img --start_sector=66826 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=dsp_a.img --start_sector=67082 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=keymaster_a.img --start_sector=83466 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=akmu_a.img --start_sector=83594 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=boot_a.img --start_sector=83722 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=cmnlib_a.img --start_sector=108298 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=cmnlib64_a.img --start_sector=108426 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=devcfg_a.img --start_sector=108554 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=qupfw_a.img --start_sector=108586 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=laf_a.img --start_sector=108606 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=vbmeta_a.img --start_sector=120894 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=dtbo_a.img --start_sector=120910 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=uefisecapp_a.img --start_sector=127054 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=imagefv_a.img --start_sector=127566 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=raw_resources_a.img --start_sector=128078 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=core_nhlos_a.img --start_sector=130126 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=sid_a.img --start_sector=173646 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=secdata.img --start_sector=347542 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=devinfo.img --start_sector=347549 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=dip.img --start_sector=347550 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=apdp.img --start_sector=347806 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=msadp.img --start_sector=347870 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=spunvm.img --start_sector=347934 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=splash.img --start_sector=349982 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=toolsfv.img --start_sector=358339 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=logfs.img --start_sector=358595 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=cateloader.img --start_sector=360643 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=logdump.img --start_sector=361155 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=storsec.img --start_sector=377539 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=multiimgoem.img --start_sector=377571 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=multiimgqti.img --start_sector=377579 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=uefivarstore.img --start_sector=377587 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=catefv.img --start_sector=377715 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs fh_loader.exe --port=\\.\COM999 --sendimage=catecontentfv.img --start_sector=377843 --lun=4 --noprompt --showpercentagecomplete --zlpawarehost=1 --memoryname=ufs
19-a. some of the partitions I wrote code for them may be missing in your files, they are not necessary.
20. in partition directory find "modem_a" partition and right click on it, press read data.
21. go to "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_#".
22. you will face some files, one of them has the size of 160-170MB. open it using a hex editor.
22-a. if it is empty so the process of restoring partitions has not done in a correct way. so find the problem and solve it.
22-b. if it is not empty, go to the step 23.
23. now, close partitions manager window, wait for 10 seconds. then, press power and vol-down for 10 second. you will here a sound of unpluging device from the computer.
24. wait for 10-3- seconds, the phone will boot up. if don't you are in trouble :)) and you need to restore the original partition files that I recommended to back up all of them in step 6.
25. if you get OPID Mismatched, then you need to modify OP then restore it. just restore OP after modification.
26. enjoy.

maybe I've missed sth...
for those who just try to flash their G8 (or other LG phones, just you need to find the right offset of partitions, which can be easily found by qfil partition manager, and modify my codes. as far as I know, most of paritions for sdm855 lg phones have the same characteristics) but they cannot because of OPID lock, they may follow the above instructions for any destination kdz, even Korean kdzs, then restore modemst1, modemst2 and fsg using qfil partition manager in the end.
that's all, have fun =)
Sorry for the inconvenience, but suddenly you could help me with the network blocking of my LG G8 ThinQ from Xfinity mobile

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
Here's my modem.img backup, flash in QFIL, or use fastboot if your bootloader is unlocked.

Any regular G8 firmware will break WiFi on this unit because they're different. Notice how this G8 doesn't pick up 5GHz networks but the real G8 does.
Sorry if annoying but would you be so kind to upload a backup of modemst1 and modemst2, I would appreciate it

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
What condition your phone is in? Please explain it thoroughly.
I have a LG G8 thinq from the operator Xfinity mobile "USA", I live in Ecuador I have tried to unblock the network to use it with the operators here but I have not been able to do it.

Currently I managed to unlock the bootloader, I wanted to try to open the band using fastboot by changing the modem, modemst1 and modemst2, previously so I opened another team but Sprint Essentialphone, unlock the bootloader and flash modemst1 and modemst2

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
LG V30
I have a LG G8 thinq from the operator Xfinity mobile "USA", I live in Ecuador I have tried to unblock the network to use it with the operators here but I have not been able to do it.

Currently I managed to unlock the bootloader, I wanted to try to open the band using fastboot by changing the modem, modemst1 and modemst2, previously so I opened another team but Sprint Essentialphone, unlock the bootloader and flash modemst1 and modemst2
Modifying modemst is not possible without an expert repair tool such as Octopus.
However you can try this (it takes several hours):
1. backup of LUN5 and FTM. I mean it!
2. delete the entire flash and stay in partition manager. (Your phone will go into hard brick state)
3. restore the phone according to this guide. you need to extract the same KDZ that is already flashed on the phone!
4. flash A11 Korean KDZ.
5. in hidden menu enable port check.
6. write IMEI using tutty.
7. go to hidden menu>MID Info and edit NT-Code.

search for instruction and how to for any step you do not know. you can search in my previous posts about repairing IMEI.

Edit: to get into hidden menu dial this: *#546368#*820#

Last edited:

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
Modifying modemst is not possible without an expert repair tool such as Octopus.
2. delete the entire flash and stay in partition manager. (Your phone will go into hard brick state)
3. restore the phone according to this guide. you need to extract the same KDZ that is already flashed on the phone!
4. flash A11 Korean KDZ.

search for instruction and how to for any step you do not know. you can search in my previous posts about repairing IMEI.

I read your post about 3 times to do the cross flash but I didn't understand how to make LGUP from the DL partition option since it only gives me 3 options

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
4. flash A11 Korean KDZ.

Download the requirements and follow the preparation steps.
download, install, tried, uninstalled and reinstalled everything went by step as it is published, but it still doesn't give me the DL partition option

Top Liked Posts