• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG G8 G820UM stuck unlocking bootloader plz help?

Search This thread

durrant111

Aug 10, 2012
Los Angeles
LG G8
Hi and thanks for reading--

I followed this guide for my new LG820UMBK Verizon Unlocked:

I flashed the engineer abl_a and abl_b and my first hangup was to enter Fastboot mode I hold Vol+ instead of Vol- as the guide says. But it tooks several reboots and flashing back to the backup abl to figure that out. My device in Fastboot mode isnt recognized by my PC with the fastboot devices command. It is recognized by Device Manager however as Other devices: Android.

Upon boot it gets stuck at VZW splash screen. I can enter EDL mode but when I try to restore my backup abl_a+b it says Data Overflow do you wish to continue. If I select yes it wont flash the backup abl with the size of 32,768 kb. It leaves the abl files at 1,024 kb which was the size of the engineer file.

I can boot to Fastboot but my fastboot devices commands can't see the device. In Device Manager like I said in Fastboot mode it just shows up as Other Devices: Android. On the Verizon spash screen it appears in Device Manager as LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM3) and in EDL mode it shows up under Ports as: Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM11).

I ran the LG Mobile Support Tool and it installed all the proper drivers it says. Maybe I dont have the adb/fastboot drivers? I tried to find them in the SDK but its way more complicated than it used to be. I havent rooted since the LG G2 lol.

Any ideas or help would be so awesome. Its basically bricked cause I cant flash the ABL backups. LGUP program doesn't recognize the device, I did download the correct G820UM20i_00_VZW_US_OP_1124.kdz file so maybe i'll just attempt to restore the stock rom. Can I do that with QFIL??

I cant believe I'm the only person this happened to....

Thanks for any thoughts!!

durrant111

Aug 10, 2012
Los Angeles
LG G8
Hi and thanks for reading--

I followed this guide for my new LG820UMBK Verizon Unlocked:

I flashed the engineer abl_a and abl_b and my first hangup was to enter Fastboot mode I hold Vol+ instead of Vol- as the guide says. But it tooks several reboots and flashing back to the backup abl to figure that out. My device in Fastboot mode isnt recognized by my PC with the fastboot devices command. It is recognized by Device Manager however as Other devices: Android.

Upon boot it gets stuck at VZW splash screen. I can enter EDL mode but when I try to restore my backup abl_a+b it says Data Overflow do you wish to continue. If I select yes it wont flash the backup abl with the size of 32,768 kb. It leaves the abl files at 1,024 kb which was the size of the engineer file.

I can boot to Fastboot but my fastboot devices commands can't see the device. In Device Manager like I said in Fastboot mode it just shows up as Other Devices: Android. On the Verizon spash screen it appears in Device Manager as LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM3) and in EDL mode it shows up under Ports as: Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM11).

I ran the LG Mobile Support Tool and it installed all the proper drivers it says. Maybe I dont have the adb/fastboot drivers? I tried to find them in the SDK but its way more complicated than it used to be. I havent rooted since the LG G2 lol.

Any ideas or help would be so awesome. Its basically bricked cause I cant flash the ABL backups. LGUP program doesn't recognize the device, I did download the correct G820UM20i_00_VZW_US_OP_1124.kdz file so maybe i'll just attempt to restore the stock rom. Can I do that with QFIL??

I cant believe I'm the only person this happened to....

Thanks for any thoughts!!
So I forgot to eject my micro SD card, I know so dumb. I am now able to fastboot. I tried to flash the original abl_a and b with fastboot and it is telling me Error Flashng Partition: Volume Full. Same issue I was having in QFIL basically. How do I restore the abl files ughhhhh.

cavjr08

Sep 22, 2012
Manila
OnePlus 6
So I forgot to eject my micro SD card, I know so dumb. I am now able to fastboot. I tried to flash the original abl_a and b with fastboot and it is telling me Error Flashng Partition: Volume Full. Same issue I was having in QFIL basically. How do I restore the abl files ughhhhh.
Boot to EDL mode by holding the vol - and power button while your G8 is plugged in your computer, after you hear a disconnection sound immediately press the vol + until you hear a connection sound from your computer.

Now, open QFIL then look for the abl a and b then flash your backed up abl_a nd abl_b accordingly and reboot. And you're good to go again.

Ratty696

Oct 12, 2019
I am having some issues with rooting my g8 at&t I managed to successfully unlock the bootloader but now I am stuck in a bootloop after trying to flash magisk. I can start in edl mode or download mode and that is all. My phone flashes the lg splash screen for a split second over and over it doesn't matter if I flash my backup adl files or boot files it just keeps doing the same thing. What am I missingm