• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG G8 LMG820UM not updating OTA stuck at April 2019

Search This thread

sjstheesar

Jun 28, 2011
I recently got LG G8 LMG820UM and I am not able to get the update.

Then I tried to go to bootloader. Google security message is shown there that bootloader is unlocked.
There is no bootloader menus and the LGUP tool cannot detect. Cannot go into recovery mode.

I tried LG bridge to update but stuck at 5%.
On the phone I am seeing Modified E/L/ R0 / Id() in red color.

I tried adb. I can view devices via adb and can give commond to reboot to bootloader but phone reboots to system.

Can anyone please help me to update the phone.

Thanks in advance.

antintin

Sep 11, 2019
LG V40
LG G8

Then I tried to go to bootloader. Google security message is shown there that bootloader is unlocked.
There is no bootloader menus and the LGUP tool cannot detect. Cannot go into recovery mode.

I tried adb. I can view devices via adb and can give commond to reboot to bootloader but phone reboots to system.

Thanks in advance.
Join the telegram group please there's people that can help you out much better there. Just search LG V50 in telegram and join the group with like 400 members

Romman0

May 7, 2012

Thanks in advance.

I saw on here if you remove your Sim card, then factory reset and don't connect to anything including wifi, so skip everything to get to the home screen. Then connect to WiFi and check for updates it works. I did it and boom, I had to go through about 5 updates, but it all worked.

sjstheesar

Jun 28, 2011
I saw on here if you remove your Sim card, then factory reset and don't connect to anything including wifi, so skip everything to get to the home screen. Then connect to WiFi and check for updates it works. I did it and boom, I had to go through about 5 updates, but it all worked.

Thanks, but I am sorry that it does not work for me. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I Factory reset the phone without SIM. Then I skipped everything to reach home and then connect to WiFi. I checked for updates and It said, I am using latest version in this phone

My current phone security patch is April 2019 under Android 9.
I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

hugoprh

Dec 3, 2010
Thanks, but I am sorry that it does not work for me. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I Factory reset the phone without SIM. Then I skipped everything to reach home and then connect to WiFi. I checked for updates and It said, I am using latest version in this phone

My current phone security patch is April 2019 under Android 9.
I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Were you able to update to Android 10? I'm having the same issue and also tried to reset without a SIM card in it.

pohlipit

Jun 30, 2009
Does anyone have a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem. Android 9 ROM with April 2019 security update. LG820UM.
No method worked to get an update. Neither OTA nor via LG Bridge

ITSTours

Jun 15, 2020
I'm on a different version (Sprint G820U10i) but also stuck at April 2019.
If someone could provide me the OTA file I can try to use the LGUP software to do manual upgrade.
Thanks in advance.