LG G8 Volte Fix.

Search This thread

IshuG

Mar 15, 2021
Thanks siulmagic for making things easier for us. But would it work for any operator in the world? Im using an officially unlocked t-mobile variant of lg g8 thinq purchased in USA but im using it in India where neither Wi-Fi calling nor volte are enabled for me. Volte setting cant be even found in the settings. Wifi calling atleast is shown but is disabled for me. The volte provisioned setting from the *#*#4636#*#* menu was disabled for me.

Attaching the pics for reference.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-03-15-13-51-51.png
    Capture+_2021-03-15-13-51-51.png
    257.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Capture+_2021-03-15-14-01-33.png
    Capture+_2021-03-15-14-01-33.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 20

mangojain

Jul 24, 2010
Thanks siulmagic for making things easier for us. But would it work for any operator in the world? Im using an officially unlocked t-mobile variant of lg g8 thinq purchased in USA but im using it in India where neither Wi-Fi calling nor volte are enabled for me. Volte setting cant be even found in the settings. Wifi calling atleast is shown but is disabled for me. The volte provisioned setting from the *#*#4636#*#* menu was disabled for me.

Attaching the pics for reference.

Thanks again.
I would be interested too. After making some changes to cust.prop, telephony.xml and vo_config.xml I have VoLTE showing as activated, but in reality it is not working. And lg.ims keeps crashing on Airtel and Jio, but not on Vodafone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So to use this, you will need to be bootloader unlocked, magisk perma rooted, and twrp installed, DM Verity Disabled this is a must!!(its always good to make a nandroid before making any changes on your phone). What this will do is more or less provision your Lg G8 to your Desired Carrier, it will also let you change your apns, so you have volte working and also the data indicator will change to match the carrier. WIfi calling i have not been able to get working, i personally do not use it. .

*Copy the files manually, it seems flashing them directly is causing unforeseen issues*

1.Extract to Content of zip to Sdcard
    2.Make a copy/backup of your own files apns.xml,,custom_apk_list.xml,telephony.xml inside /product/op/config and cust.prop from /product
    3.Copy and paste the files from my zip to:
    apns.xml,,custom_apk_list.xml,telephony.xml to /product/op/config
    cust.prop to /product/op

make sure permissions are 644.
    4.Reboot your device it should now be provisioned to your Desired Carrier.

Download

Sprint

T-Mobile

Credits:
    j4nn for the amazing temp root that allows us to do this
    vl48 for BL unlock this guy is so awesome
    inherent for finding j4nn and getting temp root rolling
    Mr. zhu for bringing us TWRP.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures