LG G8x ThinQ (LM-G850UM) dead, stuck in fastboot mode, custom recovery is gone

Search This thread

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
Hello guys. I recently lost my LG G8x ThinQ after my SD card got corrupted just before installing a CUSTOM ROM, so far so good, but the problem started when I went to troubleshoot the corrupted SD card, removed, formatted and put everything back there, but for TWRP to read the SD Card I would have to reset it, so that's where the problem started. By the time it rebooted, TWRP was gone, and since I still didn't have any system installed, it had nowhere to start, but entered the "Fastboot Mode" I had installed when the BOOTLOADER was unlocked. The problem is that it doesn't communicate with the PC, it doesn't go into EDL and Download, so I don't know how to get it back. Someone help me please.

((Player))

Dec 30, 2016
Barranquilla
EDL would be your only option for that, try it again because it can be tricky to enter, but to enter it consistently (about 70% of the time) try this:
1) Hold Power and Volume Down.
2) When the phone screen goes black keep holding Power and Volume Down and inmediately press Volume UP, every 1/3 a second release Volume Up and press it again.
3) if the screen does not turn on and the PC detects a USB device release all buttons, you are in EDL Mode, if not try again.

if it doesnt enter EDL then probably you have a hardware issue,

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
EDL seria sua única opção para isso, tente novamente porque pode ser complicado entrar, mas para entrar de forma consistente (cerca de 70% do tempo) tente o seguinte:
1) Certifique-se de ligar e diminuir o volume.
2) Quando a tela do telefone ficar preta, mantenha pressionado Power e Volume Down e imediatamente pressione Volume UP, a cada 1/3 de segundo, solte o Volume Up e pressione novamente.
3) se a tela não ligar e o PC detectar um dispositivo USB solte todos os botões, você está no modo EDL, caso contrário, tente novamente.

se não entrar no EDL, provavelmente você tem um problema de hardware,
OK! I'll try, but I'm pretty sure he won't get in... :(

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
EDL would be your only option for that, try it again because it can be tricky to enter, but to enter it consistently (about 70% of the time) try this:
1) Hold Power and Volume Down.
2) When the phone screen goes black keep holding Power and Volume Down and inmediately press Volume UP, every 1/3 a second release Volume Up and press it again.
3) if the screen does not turn on and the PC detects a USB device release all buttons, you are in EDL Mode, if not try again.

if it doesnt enter EDL then probably you have a hardware issue,
After that? If I really managed to make the cell phone enter EDL, what would I do after that? Can you make stock rom in EDL mode?

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
flash um estoque abl_a e abl_b e você deve ser capaz de entrar no modo de download para piscar um estoque rom.
Aconteceu algo muito inesperado... o PC deu um sinal com ele naquela tela aí (arquivo em anexo) mas não reconheceu, tem como reconhecer? Algum driver ou algo do tipo?

Attachments

• IMG_2023-01-28-16-13-16-764.jpg
    IMG_2023-01-28-16-13-16-764.jpg
    918.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

((Player))

Dec 30, 2016
Barranquilla
That is fastboot mode, on EDL mode you shouldn't get an image on screen, it will stay black but you will see a new device on your PC. also try to post everything in english, some details will be lost using google translate.

Reactions: ThePhanton

((Player))

Dec 30, 2016
Barranquilla
if you can try anyways, if you can't write partitions and the partition list gets empty, make sure there are no spaces on the file and its route. if that doesnt fix it you can try with a different USB cable or on a USB 2.0 port

Reactions: ThePhanton

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
if you can try anyways, if you can't write partitions and the partition list gets empty, make sure there are no spaces on the file and its route. if that doesnt fix it you can try with a different USB cable or on a USB 2.0 port
I succeeded, but the effect of replacing the abl_a and abl_b files is not applied because the cell phone does not restart the EDL mode and the QFIL program is on standby, but the PC is identical to the device was disconnected and does not reconnect. I waited for more than 2 minutes and nothing...

Attachments

• IMG_2023-01-29-22-00-35-387.jpg
    IMG_2023-01-29-22-00-35-387.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 39

((Player))

Dec 30, 2016
Barranquilla
I succeeded, but the effect of replacing the abl_a and abl_b files is not applied because the cell phone does not restart the EDL mode and the QFIL program is on standby, but the PC is identical to the device was disconnected and does not reconnect. I waited for more than 2 minutes and nothing...
it applies when you choose the file, you can try and boot to download mode and see if it works

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
it applies when you choose the file, you can try and boot to download mode and see if it works
I give up... No matter how many times I rewrite the abl_a and abl_b partitions, it always reboots in "fastboot" mode. I followed your instructions step by step. Anyway thanks for the help. Does having the bootloader unlocked influence anything? It's just that I feel the warning messages that the bootloader is unlocked get in the way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After that? If I really managed to make the cell phone enter EDL, what would I do after that? Can you make stock rom in EDL mode?
    flash a stock abl_a and abl_b and you should be able to enter download mode to flash a stock rom.
    That is fastboot mode, on EDL mode you shouldn't get an image on screen, it will stay black but you will see a new device on your PC. also try to post everything in english, some details will be lost using google translate.
    Is there a way to replicate all partitions from another LG G8x ThinQ and replicate them in mine through QFIL? I have a friend who has the exact same cell phone. If I backed up all his partitions and copy them to mine... Would it work? Oh, the device is all original, no modifications.
    in theory it should work, just dont replace Lun 5 partitions since they hold IMEI and phone specific data, also dont recommend backing up Userdata since is too large and it will take hours for no reason. if for whatever reason you cant get a backup someone did one here on xda based on the sprint variant.