LG G8x ThinQ (LM-G850UM) dead, stuck in fastboot mode, custom recovery is gone

Search This thread

((Player))

Dec 30, 2016
Barranquilla
I give up... No matter how many times I rewrite the abl_a and abl_b partitions, it always reboots in "fastboot" mode. I followed your instructions step by step. Anyway thanks for the help. Does having the bootloader unlocked influence anything? It's just that I feel the warning messages that the bootloader is unlocked get in the way.
yes and no, with the abl_a and abl_b you flashed to unlock it you shouldn't get a red warning and kicked to fastboot mode, with the ones i provided you dont get that warning even with the bootloader unlocked, also is possible that there is another partition that won't let you in.

just to be sure, are you trying to boot into download mode by holding Power and Volume Up while connected to your PC? alternatively you can turn off your device, hold Volume Up and just plug the USB cable and you should get either Download mode or the red warning.

TL;DR: if you get a yellow warning you are doing the button combo wrong.

Last edited:

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
sim e não, com o abl_a e o abl_b que você piscou para desbloqueá-lo, você receberá um aviso vermelho e chutou para o modo fastboot, com os que eu forneci, você não recebe esse aviso mesmo com ele desbloqueado, também existe a possibilidade de haver outra partição isso não vai te deixar entrar.

só para ter certeza, você está tentando inicializar no modo de download segurando Power e Aumentar volume enquanto conectado ao seu PC?
Yes.

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
sim e não, com o abl_a e o abl_b que v

yes and no, with the abl_a and abl_b you flashed to unlock it you shouldn't get a red warning and kicked to fastboot mode, with the ones i provided you dont get that warning even with the bootloader unlocked, also is possible that there is another partition that won't let you in.

just to be sure, are you trying to boot into download mode by holding Power and Volume Up while connected to your PC? alternatively you can turn off your device, hold Volume Up and just plug the USB cable and you should get either Download mode or the red warning.

Is there a way to replicate all partitions from another LG G8x ThinQ and replicate them in mine through QFIL? I have a friend who has the exact same cell phone. If I backed up all his partitions and copy them to mine... Would it work? Oh, the device is all original, no modifications.

((Player))

Dec 30, 2016
Barranquilla
Is there a way to replicate all partitions from another LG G8x ThinQ and replicate them in mine through QFIL? I have a friend who has the exact same cell phone. If I backed up all his partitions and copy them to mine... Would it work? Oh, the device is all original, no modifications.
in theory it should work, just dont replace Lun 5 partitions since they hold IMEI and phone specific data, also dont recommend backing up Userdata since is too large and it will take hours for no reason. if for whatever reason you cant get a backup someone did one here on xda based on the sprint variant.

Reactions: ThePhanton

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
in theory it should work, just dont replace Lun 5 partitions since they hold IMEI and phone specific data, also dont recommend backing up Userdata since is too large and it will take hours for no reason. if for whatever reason you cant get a backup someone did one here on xda based on the sprint variant.
Could you please give me the link to that backup? Since my device doesn't have a system, I don't think I would have a problem with the variant. I think...

Device: LG G8x ThinQ (LM-G850UM)

((Player))

Dec 30, 2016
Barranquilla
Could you please give me the link to that backup? Since my device doesn't have a system, I don't think I would have a problem with the variant. I think...

Device: LG G8x ThinQ (LM-G850UM)
Here you have it, remember and be careful with all the LUN 5 partitions, doing a backup of them is recommended even if your system is broken, this is from the Sprint variant, its the same model so it should work, there are a lot of partitions so it will take at least a few hours.

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
Here you have it, remember and be careful with all the LUN 5 partitions, doing a backup of them is recommended even if your system is broken, this is from the Sprint variant, its the same model so it should work, there are a lot of partitions so it will take at least a few hours.
Just confirm, under no circumstances is it to use the LUN 5 partitions? That's it? I'll just replace the others then. Thanks.

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
Yes, just do a backup of them, just in case but dont touch the LUN 5 partitions.
What kind of information do the "Last LUM1, LUN2 and LUN4" partitions have? The moment I applied it, the communication between the PC and the device was lost, is it ok to ignore them? And the moment the connection is lost and I reset the phone to EDL again, do I have to do it all over again?

Attachments

• IMG_2023-01-31-18-36-38-480.jpg
    IMG_2023-01-31-18-36-38-480.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2023-01-31-18-31-18-156.jpg
    IMG_2023-01-31-18-31-18-156.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2023-01-31-18-31-09-425.jpg
    IMG_2023-01-31-18-31-09-425.jpg
    9.1 MB · Views: 38

((Player))

Dec 30, 2016
Barranquilla
What kind of information do the "Last LUM1, LUN2 and LUN4" partitions have? The moment I applied it, the communication between the PC and the device was lost, is it ok to ignore them? And the moment the connection is lost and I reset the phone to EDL again, do I have to do it all over again?
i neither know, but you need to rename it, names that have a space in them make the phone disconnect for some reason.

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
i neither know, but you need to rename it, names that have a space in them make the phone disconnect for some reason.
I recovered, but there was a root in the root of it, but when I uninstalled it, the system broke and the cell phone didn't turn on anymore, I want to make a stock rom, but I can't activate the download mode. Because of the unlocked bootloader, I want to lock the bootloader, but first I have to make a stock rom... How do I get into download mode on an LG with unlocked bootloader? Oh, and also, it's stuck in fastboot mode, but this time it's the original fastboot.

Last edited:

((Player))

Dec 30, 2016
Barranquilla
I recovered, but there was a root in the root of it, but when I uninstalled it, the system broke and the cell phone didn't turn on anymore, I want to make a stock rom, but I can't activate the download mode. Because of the unlocked bootloader, I want to lock the bootloader, but first I have to make a stock rom... How do I get into download mode on an LG with unlocked bootloader? Oh, and also, it's stuck in fastboot mode, but this time it's the original fastboot.
try again to enter download mode, if you get the red triangle and kicked to fastboot flash the abl files that i sent you before, i dont see how it wouldnt work this time

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ

How am I going to do this button combo if to exit EDL mode I have to press vol down + power? Is there another way to exit EDL mode?

Edit: It stuck at logo now...it's in bootloop. But it enters recovery mode without problems.

Edit2: I updated all partitions just like I did before and the phone is still in bootloop.

Last edited:

((Player))

Dec 30, 2016
Barranquilla
How am I going to do this button combo if to exit EDL mode I have to press vol down + power? Is there another way to exit EDL mode?

Edit: It stuck at logo now...it's in bootloop. But it enters recovery mode without problems.

Edit2: I updated all partitions just like I did before and the phone is still in bootloop.
Hold Volume Down and power and when you hear a device disconnected on your PC inmediately release the buttons and hold Volume Up, works for me every time.

Reactions: ThePhanton

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
Hold Volume Down and power and when you hear a device disconnected on your PC inmediately release the buttons and hold Volume Up, works for me every time.
I did it, it was difficult to get the timing right, the reason for this is that when I exited the QFIL, the cell phone immediately disconnected, so I had to be a "seer" to get the timing right to get kicked to download mode.

Asyad

Jun 27, 2023
try again to enter download mode, if you get the red triangle and kicked to fastboot flash the abl files that i sent you before, i dont see how it wouldnt work this time
I have the same problem here. My device is lg g850um 20p, and I can't go to edl mode because when I press and hold volume down & power, the lg's logo is appearing and force me to enter fastboot mode. It is happen when I did restore boot_a & boot_b to original. And when I try to press and hold volume up, the download mode is appear but a second after that automatically enter to fastboot mode. It also happened when I restore abl_a & abl_b to original. And the worst thing is my device won't power off even I press power off on fastboot, and it stays on fastboot mode (can't turn off). I already restore abl_a & abl_b to original and boot_a & boot_b too. How to fix that?, I almost gave up and don't know what to do it 🥲

ThePhanton

Jan 28, 2023
LG G8X ThinQ
I have the same problem here. My device is lg g850um 20p, and I can't go to edl mode because when I press and hold volume down & power, the lg's logo is appearing and force me to enter fastboot mode. It is happen when I did restore boot_a & boot_b to original. And when I try to press and hold volume up, the download mode is appear but a second after that automatically enter to fastboot mode. It also happened when I restore abl_a & abl_b to original. And the worst thing is my device won't power off even I press power off on fastboot, and it stays on fastboot mode (can't turn off). I already restore abl_a & abl_b to original and boot_a & boot_b too. How to fix that?, I almost gave up and don't know what to do it 🥲
I solved it by overwriting all partitions in EDL mode. Absolutely all, EXCEPT THE LUN5, these you cannot move, I recommend, as a precaution, that you back up these partitions in the QFIL Qualcomm 9008.

Reactions: Asyad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After that? If I really managed to make the cell phone enter EDL, what would I do after that? Can you make stock rom in EDL mode?
    flash a stock abl_a and abl_b and you should be able to enter download mode to flash a stock rom.
    That is fastboot mode, on EDL mode you shouldn't get an image on screen, it will stay black but you will see a new device on your PC. also try to post everything in english, some details will be lost using google translate.
    if you can try anyways, if you can't write partitions and the partition list gets empty, make sure there are no spaces on the file and its route. if that doesnt fix it you can try with a different USB cable or on a USB 2.0 port