• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG GT540 Soft-brick Recovery

Search This thread

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
muffin.cloud
LG GT540 Soft-brick recovery :D
This tool will flash a CyanogenMod 6 rom (Android 2.2) has default but you can use the recovery images to do the job and change rom.
You must have Fastboot on your soft-bricked device.
I created a script (Windows only) and you can modify the script to change the recovery directory if required (Default is TWRP)
Thanks to the developers of the recoverys and the rom :cool:
Download link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33257225/Tweaks and Hacks/Android/LG GT540 Recovery/LG GT540 Recovery.zip
Unzip the file and start/modify the script :)
Has there is some confusion, this app will fix the non-booting issues like stuck on a certain screen like the LG Logo, bootloops etc.
Requirements: LG GT540 Drivers, Windows machine and fastboot
How to use: Download and extract the zip, put the device on fastboot mode, connect the device to the PC and then optionally, edit the batch file to your likings like the recovery images (There is plenty of images that come with the folder and has default, 'TWRP.img') and when your done, run the batch file :)
Update:
Version 0.6: Hopefully removed the space erase issue in the file causing the other issues and removed auto reboot-bootloader because the device would be soft brick and would not go to the system anyway. (Use the last link to update the updater script.) [Redownload batch file here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33257225/Tweaks and Hacks/Android/LG GT540 Recovery/LG_GT540_Recovery.bat or just redownload the zip if required.

Has promised, i said that there will be a Compact-Disc version with Installer, Updater and Cleaner, now its here!: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33257225/Creations/LGGT540KITCD.zip
Installation: Download the file, extract the zip and then put it on a blank CD.
You may get an issue where you cannot enter the disc because of autorun, the workaround is to go to My Computer or just go to Compuer, Right click in the disc and then press Open ;)
Link to download page with separated parts and scripts: http://caftp.pcsat.tv/lg_tools/ ;)

Last edited:

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
muffin.cloud
I actually use this tool everytime a rom fails, good tool but i did not try flashing with the script (I made it today when i was bored after using the AIO toolkit odexing and resizing the rom that i use :))

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
muffin.cloud
Tool found broken and ends up putting phone to fastboot mode in every boot
Hopefully, someone can help me find out the issue has that the issue is causing errors to most of the parts like flashing :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
muffin.cloud
Good news!: Compact-Disc version coming soon with an Updater, Autorun, Installation and Cleanup scripts!
Updater: This will use wget.exe in the extras folder to download the updated file (Check here for any new updates for the disc version or go to coolapps.host56.com/projects) ;)
Autorun: You can now go straight to the flasher, you can still get into the disc for updates and stuff, just right-click and press open :)
Installation: This will get all the files into place for use for flashing :thumbup:
Cleanup: This will clearly (lol, did you see what i did there?) erase the android folder so you can reinstall it ;)
This will only work on a CD, it has been set to drive E has set to default, you can grab the updater script for the stand-alone version but it will require "minor" modifications :D
CD Installation: Extract and copy files to your blank CD, then a reboot to get a knock on effect on the autorun ;) (Make sure you have configurated the disc to act like a USB Flash Drive.)
This is a epic update so hopefully this is what you have been looking for :D

Last edited:

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
muffin.cloud
Ultimate update out!
Changelog:
ALL= Fixed the no such file or directory error, also in updater so if you have the CD version already, you can use the updater to do such task in two clicks to get the fixed version ;)

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
muffin.cloud
New Update:
Changelog:

Fixed fastboot issue
Added adb for bootloader reboot
Fixed directory errors
Updater has been updated to a new update server (current one not from this update now does not work.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use external site from the bottom of the first post to download the updated version of updater to update to the newest version of the main script.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CD Version:
Updater fixed
Main script fixed

Original Version:
Main script fixed

Last edited:

lismore

Nov 7, 2012
Dies it matter which kind if blank disc you use for this or is any specific best ie DVD or CD rw?? Probably a stupid question but not sure?

Sent from my ST25a using xda app-developers app

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
muffin.cloud
Dies it matter which kind if blank disc you use for this or is any specific best ie DVD or CD rw?? Probably a stupid question but not sure?

You can use any but make it act like "USB storage" or something, make sure you don't burn the files though.
When you get the files over run the installer (May want to right click and run has administrator if fails), everything is up to date anyway so you do not need to use the updater yet.
After using the installer, you can use autorun to run the script or enter C://android/ then double-click on the batch file (There is only one in that corrosponding folder). Just reminding even though I already said so in the first post o.o

Last edited:
Reactions: lismore

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
muffin.cloud
Update Available
Update Changelog:
  • Removed ADB bootloader reboot has in a soft brick situation you will not be able to use the system partition or/and boot partition.
  • Hopefully fixed space removal issues causing the batch not to work.
How to update:
CD version: Use the updater.
Portable version: Replace the main batch file for a new one manually.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because the drivers are not working on my PC and my device has been soft bricked, I cannot test it fully.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LG GT540 Soft-brick recovery :D
    This tool will flash a CyanogenMod 6 rom (Android 2.2) has default but you can use the recovery images to do the job and change rom.
    You must have Fastboot on your soft-bricked device.
    I created a script (Windows only) and you can modify the script to change the recovery directory if required (Default is TWRP)
    Thanks to the developers of the recoverys and the rom :cool:
    Download link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33257225/Tweaks and Hacks/Android/LG GT540 Recovery/LG GT540 Recovery.zip
    Unzip the file and start/modify the script :)
    Has there is some confusion, this app will fix the non-booting issues like stuck on a certain screen like the LG Logo, bootloops etc.
    Requirements: LG GT540 Drivers, Windows machine and fastboot
    How to use: Download and extract the zip, put the device on fastboot mode, connect the device to the PC and then optionally, edit the batch file to your likings like the recovery images (There is plenty of images that come with the folder and has default, 'TWRP.img') and when your done, run the batch file :)
    Update:
    Version 0.6: Hopefully removed the space erase issue in the file causing the other issues and removed auto reboot-bootloader because the device would be soft brick and would not go to the system anyway. (Use the last link to update the updater script.) [Redownload batch file here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33257225/Tweaks and Hacks/Android/LG GT540 Recovery/LG_GT540_Recovery.bat or just redownload the zip if required.

Has promised, i said that there will be a Compact-Disc version with Installer, Updater and Cleaner, now its here!: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33257225/Creations/LGGT540KITCD.zip
    Installation: Download the file, extract the zip and then put it on a blank CD.
    You may get an issue where you cannot enter the disc because of autorun, the workaround is to go to My Computer or just go to Compuer, Right click in the disc and then press Open ;)
    Link to download page with separated parts and scripts: http://caftp.pcsat.tv/lg_tools/ ;)
    would be useful for a phone where the boot (kernel) contains the recovery so everytime you flash a rom your recovery changes and when it fails you loose recovery. But for gt540 the recovery.img is independent...

You can use any but make it act like "USB storage" or something, make sure you don't burn the files though.
    When you get the files over run the installer (May want to right click and run has administrator if fails), everything is up to date anyway so you do not need to use the updater yet.
    After using the installer, you can use autorun to run the script or enter C://android/ then double-click on the batch file (There is only one in that corrosponding folder). Just reminding even though I already said so in the first post o.o

Tested it is finally working, you may try out the update.