• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG-H815 (LGG4)

Search This thread

LASERWOLF452

Jan 14, 2013
Asheville
www.youtube.com
what's up, any one miss me :)

so I got another G4 and thought I could fix this buuuuuut I got one issue before I can go forward with a repair for this phone

there is no download mode and no recovery, there is no OS, I tried vol. up plus power etc. and it just sits on LG logo, my PC did not make any noise that is sees the phone, at this point I'm already seeing its already bricked, its been awhile that I messed with a bricked phone (lgg3) but I never messed with a bricked lgg4 before

this phone I just got and it is marked untested so I figured why not lets see what I can do,

I don't mind getting the latest OS and I don't plan to root this phone, just factory reset and go. I did look but anything I seen didn't match what I am facing, I been messing with this thing and looking around ever since I got home so now its time to ask you all. if the phone is a no go from here then that is fine at least I tried to get back in the game here, any help would be great and thank you.

if this comes to a success, I plan to make a phone repair video as I know some/most have missed me, if you don't know who I am, hit me up or look up my username laserwolf452. sorry I haven't been on in forever

LASERWOLF452

Jan 14, 2013
Asheville
www.youtube.com
(update) managed to find factory reset didn't know had to let go of power and press again but it did not solved the issue, still looking at posts to see if there's anything I'm missing, my vs986 i can hold both power and vol down without letting go of the power button, is there another way to get download mode at least, as for the fact. reset mode, it was just yes no, no other options

LASERWOLF452

Jan 14, 2013
Asheville
www.youtube.com
(update) dumb moment, so yesterday I tried to work on this phone, long day at work and realized that the USB cord I use was not good, just charging and found that out when I hooked up my vs986 and yes its been a long time that I haven't messed with this phone, so I was right it is bricked I got the qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008, there was another one it showed eariler and it was qhsusb_bulk fix

so now I got somewhere. I am trying to find some methods to get this phone at least back to life and factory stock
I did try to go in DL mode but it show the icon but it will not kick over to firmware mode, before more time is put into this phone at this point, is it worth getting it back or is it dead dead,

if its worth it, is anyone willing to help me understand a method that works to fix the phone. I do have hard times understanding how this all works and at this point in my point of view, it feels really really complicated