• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

LG K20 plus, how to flash original rom

Aletron9000

Jul 6, 2017
I have a LG K20 plus with t mobile as the carrier. I believe the model should be TP260. I mistakenly restored a twrp backup from a metro pcs phone that I got from this site coincidentally. Now my phone drops calls and data frequently and shows metro pcs on bootup vs tmobile. I have a kdz file but it won't flash because it now also thinks the model is MP260...not TP260 and says it's a mismatch. Any ideas on how I can get a restore for tmobile to try to reset the phone?

colemanimal

Feb 10, 2006
Ever rot
I restored mine with the linked files.

install LG driver (uninstall any other drivers first)
install LGUP

remove battery from phone and replace
hold volume up key
insert USB while holding down volume up key
phone will boot to download mode
drivers will find phone
run UPPERCUT.exe
UPPERCUT.exe will launch LGUP with phone connected. if phone is not connected try again.
in LGUP lower window browse to TP26010k_00_0316.kdz
choose UPGRADE option in LGUP
click START in LGUP
factory ROM and Recovery will be installed, bootloader will still be unlocked

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BygTApD1iNSSb3pCcU9RRlV1MVE

magisk can be installed using the same method as superSU. Mine is working along with AndroidPay

Reactions: shannester

kc6wke

Feb 19, 2012
So, Cal

install LGUP

hold volume up key
drivers will find phone
run UPPERCUT.exe
UPPERCUT.exe will launch LGUP with phone connected. if phone is not connected try again.
click START in LGUP

magisk can be installed using the same method as superSU. Mine is working along with AndroidPay
You were able to install TWRP after this process with the TP26010k_00_0316.kdz?
I am on TP26010E and don't want to upgrade to TP26010k if TWRP cannot be flashed as it has been stated here.

meazz1

Jan 9, 2011
Auburn, GA

install LGUP

hold volume up key
drivers will find phone
run UPPERCUT.exe
click START in LGUP

Can I install this kdz from twrp and install supersu?

blas4me

Jun 30, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I flashed the modded ROM for MetroPCS, and couldn't flash kdz file because my phone was identified as MP260, instead of TP260.
I wiped the phone and re-locked the bootloader, and the phone would only boot into download mode, It gave a message about it being corrupted.
I took it back to TMO, and the sales people thought it was a virus, and replaced the device.
I've made a TWRP backup for anyone who runs into the same problem. This will fix your problem, so you can use the flash tools available for this device.

NOTE: I also provided Root tools and instructions for those Rooting for the first time.

1. Power off device, plug into computer, then hold volume up for download mode and let COM drivers install, you may need to change COM port to 41, through device manager.

2. In LGUP, choose upgrade or FOTA upgrade.

2. Once you flash firmware, you'll have to hit reset once or twice to get rid of the encryption failure notification.

3. Enjoy rooting your device again if you so choose.

ROOTING:
NOTE: Must have ADB & Fastboot setup already.

First you must unlock your bootloader.

1. In about phone settings, tap build number 6x to get developer settings, enable adb debugging and OEM unlock. Now plug into your computer.

2. Boot into Fastboot mode.

A. Open command prompt and type: adb reboot-bootloader.

B. Next type: fastboot oem unlock.

WARNING: You'll be prompted to factory reset device to protect your data. Your chance to turn back, if your brave then continue. Your device will factory reset, and you'll have to perform the first step again and you'll be ready to root.

1. To flash TWRP, plug into computer, then in command line navigate to where you have your recovery.img

A. adb reboot-bootloader

B. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

2. Pull battery and manually boot into recovery,

A. volume+down as soon as you see LG, release then press again quickly and hold, follow the steps provided.

3. Hit cancel for the encryption notice, and swipe to modify system.

4. You must format device to get rid of encryption message, so choose format and it will ask you to type, yes.

5. Stay in recovery and flash the no-encryption.zip, and Magisk, if you choose to use it for your SU manager. Stay in recovery.

6. Reboot into recovery, and then set up your TWRP environment.

7. Enjoy Root:laugh:

NOTE: If you decide to root again, try using Magisk for SU management. Magisk's mods are excellent, and can run along side Xposed. If you choose Magisk, do not flash SuperUser.zip

TWRP STOCK BACKUP
https://mega.nz/#F!a59RBICD!kOisA-eOxviWK07Dn182FA

LG tools w/ Latest kdz
https://mega.nz/#F!b9sWDBwR!LjhrhZgYXB-BNHUWE11tJw

Sent from my K20 Plus using XDA Labs

Last edited:

blas4me

Jun 30, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Question I have a metropcs k20 version.Can I flash the t-mobile Rom with any problems.Thanks
You could probably flash the TWRP back up. After that your device would be Identified as TP260, by the flash tools and you'd end up with the same issue I had, when you decided to go back to stock, so make a TWRP backup on external memory. The KDZ file most likely won't flash because it performs a DLL check, to match device with firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: r3nder and Rican39

Rican39

Jul 6, 2014
NEW YORK
You could probably flash the TWRP back up. After that your device would be Identified as TP260, by the flash tools and you'd end up with the same issue I had, when you decided to go back to stock, so make a TWRP backup on external memory. The KDZ file most likely won't flash because it performs a DLL check, to match device with firmware.
Thanks for reply.And info

tempests

Jul 23, 2008
Florida
I have a Metro LG K20 Plus phone and want to change the firmware to T-Mobile. I have not been successful doing this as I always get invalid firmware, because LG UP recognizes the phone as a metro phone. Is there a way to succeed in getting the T-Mobile firmware on the phone?
thanks in advance.

irish1965

Jan 26, 2018
lg k20 plus tmobil

lgup recognizes my model correctly as lg-tp260 on [com41] but it just sits there initializing for eternity. With my model highlighted I select it and I keep getting the error "LGUP cant load the model [C:\Program Files(x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\com. I have installed lg air drive, lg bridge, lgup8994.dll, lgup for store. I desperately need to get this thing back to stock, I have the AICP rom installed but I dont like it. it was a mistake, if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

x_orange90_x

Oct 28, 2011
I've got backup after unlock Bootloader and before root. Pretty sure it's got recovery on it. I always make a backup asap. It's the mp26010t (I had the November patch but some reason after root it says Oct).
Is that what you need?
Could you PM me this link to the Metro PCS stock backup, if you still have it?

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone