• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LG K61 (mt6765) root?

Search This thread

jasmin811

Apr 28, 2015
Tuzla
Hello guys,

I'm looking root options for this device.

Phone's bootloader is probably locked,since there is no fastboot mode.

I have patched boot.img made by magisk manager for A slot(don't know if need for B slot too?)And probably i need patched vbmeta which I don't have it.

I see there is in firmware kdz Efuse image too,I'm wonder if I format this partition in with special transsion tool,could it unlock bootloader?

Thanks forwardly for answers.

jasmin811

Apr 28, 2015
Tuzla
I'm looking for days on how to unlock bootloader on this phone,but the big problem is there is NO fastboot mode installed.
Is there anyway to workaround to unlock or to enable fastboot mode?
Is there any hidden method with buttons or something to enable bootloader?
This model chipset is mt6765 and what I have tried is I patched both boot.img from A and B slot and flashes back with Transsion program but aftet first start it triggers dm-verity.
I also tried formated Efuse,LAf_a and Laf_b and VBMeta partitions,flashed two boot.img patched and after that it is again trigger dm-verity,but HOW???

Commander_Monkey

May 31, 2021
I'm having the same problem, i have an LG K51S, when i run
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
its reboots to the normal state, idk what to do, if you have any information please contact me.
Thanks

I'm having the same problem, i have an LG K51S, when i run
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
its reboots to the normal state, idk what to do, if you have any information please contact me.
Thanks
Adb reboot fastboot and you'll be in fastbootd which removes oem commands but I've been working with the stylo6 and K51 which I have the ability to unlock the bootloaders and flash magisk patched boot.img successfully to gain root access.

Pachacouti

Jul 8, 2020
The Capital above the Lower one...
Please share if you do. 😃
CHeck the Mt version, mt6765 is mt6762, so the following should work, note it's for 10_ and over... ie, not pie, not a/b, it's a only...

franss62

Feb 16, 2021
I've got a k61 now, I've unlocked bootloader and rooted it, the unlock is done in the seccfg partition, I'm days away from sharing a working method to unlock without a paid tool
Hi, I have a LG K52 and they have the same chipset as LG K61,
I'm having trouble now trying to root and unlock it, can you please explain how you did ?
The only thing I've been able to so far is to get into fastboot and it's in a very very very dirty way, since adb reboot bootloader won't do the trick I had to type adb sideload radomimage.img to get into recovery menu and finally reach Fastboot, but nothing happens when I try fastboot oem unlock or fastboot flashing unlock or anything else :(

First the adb command is adb reboot fastboot and you can't unlock the bootloader in fastboot, the tool mtkclient from github will do that, i have a group that I sent you the link to in a message, there are instructions and support in there with now almost 200 members. We are helping unlock nearly every newer LG model and many others.

Pain9.9.9

Jan 26, 2021
Hello guys,

I'm looking root options for this device.

Phone's bootloader is probably locked,since there is no fastboot mode.

I have patched boot.img made by magisk manager for A slot(don't know if need for B slot too?)And probably i need patched vbmeta which I don't have it.

I see there is in firmware kdz Efuse image too,I'm wonder if I format this partition in with special transsion tool,could it unlock bootloader?

Thanks forwardly for answers.
Please help me with the boot.img

Top Liked Posts