LG K7 Custom ROM?

Search This thread

SuperAudioPros

Jan 2, 2017
My k7 is rooted, bootloader unlocked, but after doing all this was upset cause there's no legit flash rom I could find of yet... I did all this because wanted marshmallow lol... I had foundsa site that gives info on how to extend internal memory to sd card but cant seem to find again atm

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John
My k7 is rooted, bootloader unlocked, but after doing all this was upset cause there's no legit flash rom I could find of yet... I did all this because wanted marshmallow lol... I had foundsa site that gives info on how to extend internal memory to sd card but cant seem to find again atm

Yes, I have done it on LG X Power and on a Tribute HD which are Boost Mobile phones running Android 6.0.1.

On Marshmallow you can enable adoptable storage (if disabled by manufacturer) by entering commands below :

adb devices (to check if device online)

adb shell sm list-disks

adb shell sm list-volumes all

adb shell sm set-force-adoptable true

adb shell sm partition disk:179,64 private (or 179,128 depending on what shows up in second command)

adb shell sm set-force-adoptable false

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inst...oot/?amp_page=true?client=ms-android-boost-us

SuperAudioPros

Jan 2, 2017
Lg k7 marshmallow

Yes, I have done it on LG X Power and on a Tribute HD which are Boost Mobile phones running Android 6.0.1.

On Marshmallow you can enable adoptable storage (if disabled by manufacturer) by entering commands below :

adb shell sm list-disks

adb shell sm partition disk:179,64 private (or 179,128 depending on what shows up in second command)

My message:
The issue is there's no marshmallow rom for lg k7 ms330 on Metro as far as I know. I had found a site (which may have been a thread here that I can't find again ) for a rooted k7 with lollipop that shows a way to use sd card as internal memory via flashing a particular program. I didn't know you had to do an adb process for marshmallow as the main reason us lollipop users want it is that it has the one click box option to use sd card as internal memory

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John

adb shell sm list-disks

My message:
The issue is there's no marshmallow rom for lg k7 ms330 on Metro as far as I know. I had found a site (which may have been a thread here that I can't find again ) for a rooted k7 with lollipop that shows a way to use sd card as internal memory via flashing a particular program. I didn't know you had to do an adb process for marshmallow as the main reason us lollipop users want it is that it has the one click box option to use sd card as internal memory

Yeah.. nope, they've hidden that option unfortunately.

Apparently Samsung and other manufacturers do the same :(

theseeker2654

Jun 23, 2010
Whats the deal with the AS330 GSM Unlocked variant? Why arent we seeing KDZ files for it yet? Is it likely they will be released at all? Got a bricked AS330, would love to be able to revive.

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John
One option is to buy a cracked screen, clean ESN K7 MS330 or K330 phone or a motherboard off eBay for real cheap and swap out boards.

I have an MS330 for sale right now on eBay that is rooted, carrier unlocked as well as bootloader unlocked with clean ESN for $27 OBO

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Another thing you can do if you want to get crazy is buy an LG X power from eBay for $ $89 which comes with a free $50 credit then after you have activated the phone with Boost Mobile with your $50 free month, take a trip down to Boost Mobile (if the promotion is still going on that is) and transfer/port your MetroPCS or T-Mobile phone number to Boost Mobile and add that line to the free month you got as a second family plan line (which will = $80 for 2 lines per month) and you can get a Tribute HD phone for free... actually it's $25 because of the activation fee.

So it would be $89 plus $25 and you would have two lines and two phones with unlimited data for $80 bucks a month ($45 plus $30 plus 4.44 tax)

That is what I did last week.

I like the LG X Power a lot more than any phone I have ever had (including my K7, HTC One M7's and M8's.

The Boost Mobile version which has a 4100mah battery, an octa-core processor, FM radio, an HD screen and Pump Express Plus fast charging technology and is much better than the Cricket Quad-Core version.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

You can also use the boost dealz app and save 5 bucks per month extra by watching ads on your phone

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Or you can just purchase the Boost Mobile X power for $59 off of eBay and activate it later or use it as a Wi-Fi phone that gets tremendous battery life and charges pretty quickly

Last edited:

theseeker2654

Jun 23, 2010
One option is to buy a cracked screen, clean ESN K7 MS330 or K330 phone or a motherboard off eBay for real cheap and swap out boards.

I have an MS330 for sale right now on eBay that is rooted, carrier unlocked as well as bootloader unlocked with clean ESN for $27 OBO

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Another thing you can do if you want to get crazy is buy an LG X power from eBay for $ $89 which comes with a free $50 credit then after you have activated the phone with Boost Mobile with your $50 free month, take a trip down to Boost Mobile (if the promotion is still going on that is) and transfer/port your MetroPCS or T-Mobile phone number to Boost Mobile and add that line to the free month you got as a second family plan line (which will = $80 for 2 lines per month) and you can get a Tribute HD phone for free... actually it's $25 because of the activation fee.

So it would be $89 plus $25 and you would have two lines and two phones with unlimited data for $80 bucks a month ($45 plus $30 plus 4.44 tax)

That is what I did last week.

I like the LG X Power a lot more than any phone I have ever had (including my K7, HTC One M7's and M8's.

The Boost Mobile version which has a 4100mah battery, an octa-core processor, FM radio, an HD screen and Pump Express Plus fast charging technology and is much better than the Cricket Quad-Core version.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

You can also use the boost dealz app and save 5 bucks per month extra by watching ads on your phone

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Or you can just purchase the Boost Mobile X power for $59 off of eBay and activate it later or use it as a Wi-Fi phone that gets tremendous battery life and charges pretty quickly

Thanks for the other options. Im sending it in to LG to see if they will repair it. Maybe they will, maybe they wont, when they see the 1003 modified error. Either way its free and worth a try. If that doesnt work I guess I might wait it out for a bit and see if they release a firmware. I had already bought the family mobile variant at walmart for 50$ so I have a replacement already. Its just insane that the manufacturer doesnt offer a factory image. Never buying LG again TBH. This is actually my sons phone. I greatly prefer HTC myself. They build good phones and always good firmware/rom support.

theseeker2654

Jun 23, 2010

There is a debloated stock rom floating about but still 5.1.1 of course.

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John
I heard that it's very possible that a lot of the LG phones that came out about a year ago might be getting Android 7.0 come February which may or may not include the K7

theseeker2654

Jun 23, 2010
I heard that it's very possible that a lot of the LG phones that came out about a year ago might be getting Android 7.0 come February which may or may not include the K7

That would be awesome. If that happens I could upgrade with LG Mobile support tool and get the KDZ from that temp folder. Would fix the brick and get me the KDZ. I hope it does.

According to this link the LG K7 is listed as "most likely" will get the Nougat update.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/android-no...-likely-get-googles-new-mobile-v7-0-os-691174

Last edited:

notreal456789

Jul 20, 2014

adb shell sm list-disks

My message:

I really don't understand y anyone dose this method, i have a lg k7 metro and I been using xposed and xinternalSD....... I been using this method which includes the Android 5.1 sd fix... On a heavily modified stock rom

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John
I really don't understand y anyone dose this method, i have a lg k7 metro and I been using xposed and xinternalSD....... I been using this method which includes the Android 5.1 sd fix... On a heavily modified stock rom

These commands enable the adoptable storage feature that has been disabled on devices running marshmallow. I can't even get root on my device because of all of the security updates so there is no Xposed anything for me.

Do you understand these things now?

notreal456789

Jul 20, 2014
These commands enable the adoptable storage feature that has been disabled on devices running marshmallow. I can't even get root on my device because of all of the security updates so there is no Xposed anything for me.

Do you understand these things now?

Well i understand I wanna shed some light on any confusion im using Android 5.1.1 and don't buy phones with 6.0, i just sold my galaxy j7 for 100$ and bought the k7, finally got root

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John
Yes I just gave my K7 away to a friend who just got arrested 45 minutes later so now I wish I hadn't. Anyway the K7 is one of the very last phones that will be able to acquire root as they are working streamly hard with monthly security patch updates to prevent it yes the world is coming to an end

Reactions: notreal456789

notreal456789

Jul 20, 2014
Yes I just gave my K7 away to a friend who just got arrested 45 minutes later so now I wish I hadn't. Anyway the K7 is one of the very last phones that will be able to acquire root as they are working streamly hard with monthly security patch updates to prevent it yes the world is coming to an end

Your killing me smalls

Uhhhhhhh.... no. People will always find a way to root, no matter how hard they try to stop it.

you can believe that as much as you want to but I don't believe that anymore
Why not? There's absolutely no sign of the Android community slowing down and there has never been an android security patch someone hasn't been able to exploit. The LG K7 is not even close to being the last phone we'll be able to root. It came out last year. We've rooted pretty much every major phone since then. I don't understand your reasoning behind saying people won't be able to root phones anymore.

Top Liked Posts