LG K7 (K330) unlock

Search This thread

coolmen777

Oct 31, 2007
Sacramento
Hello all,
Just purchased LG K7 (Walmart Family Mobile variant, model# K330) and tried to unlock for use on T-Mobile now that all WFM phones are SIM locked. Received a code from cellunlockerpro but the instructions to unlock (2945#*model number#”) don't work to open the dialog box needed to enter the code. Phone has a pre-installed unlock app which checks the eligibility prior to unlocking. Is there anyway to bypass the app and go through the dialer or service menu to unlock somehow? Thanks for any information/advice.

Reactions: Andy Chi

Augie1832

Jan 24, 2015
I bought the same phone yesterday for the same purpose. You need to search the forums, and download lgup, lgup_k330 T-Mobile, and WEB_K33010h_00 T-MOBILE.kdz. Follow instructions on the install, and flash that file. It will boot back up connected to T-Mobile. No unlock code needed.

Let me add as I am sure you know I had rooted, and unlocked the bootloader.

Last edited:

nguyenphananh

Sep 9, 2016
Hi Augie1832. Im totally new to this and quite clueless. I run into the exact same problem. Can you be more specific, maybe showing step by step of how to fix this issue. Highly appreciate. Thank you

VanillaSkies

Dec 29, 2015
I bought the same phone yesterday for the same purpose. You need to search the forums, and download lgup, lgup_k330 T-Mobile, and WEB_K33010h_00 T-MOBILE.kdz. Follow instructions on the install, and flash that file. It will boot back up connected to T-Mobile. No unlock code needed.

Okay, so if I flash this .kdz to the MetroPCS (ms330) variant using LGUp then I will be network unlocked or have switched networks to TMobile from MetroPCS; bypassing the factory installed device unlock application which was originally on the MetroPCS K7? Forgive me Im trying to verify before I attempt this.

Last edited:

Andy Chi

Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, California
Freaking works!! I got the walmart tmobile version and then flashed the phone with the official tmobile dz stock rom and BOOM i finally got service on my phone with a tmobile sim card lol :)
the link above shared by saphta really works, easy, quick and legit works.
family mobile sucks!! they network lock the tmobile phones even if u have a tmobile sim. GREEDY bleep bleep bleeeeep bleeep bleeps!!!

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

THANK UUUUUUUUUUU !!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::good::good::good::good:

josh2020glacier

Jan 5, 2012
baltimore/md
Hi all would this work on a Metro PCS phone????

U do know after having this phone on metro for 30 to 60 days all you have to do is call them and they will unlock it for free. Every phone i have get from metro I unlock and still have piled up just in case I or someone needs one loll. I have everything from galaxy avant to core prime to LG k7. This is my favorite part about metro you buy a phone you actually buy and keep for any carrier

Reactions: amirable

saphta

Sep 10, 2013
Toronto
Freaking works!! I got the walmart tmobile version and then flashed the phone with the official tmobile dz stock rom and BOOM i finally got service on my phone with a tmobile sim card lol :)
the link above shared by saphta really works, easy, quick and legit works.
family mobile sucks!! they network lock the tmobile phones even if u have a tmobile sim. GREEDY bleep bleep bleeeeep bleeep bleeps!!!

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

THANK UUUUUUUUUUU !!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::good::good::good::good:

You're welcome bro!

razor1

Dec 13, 2007
tried on my K330 t mobile, it killed it completely. I am not not new to working on phones, 17 years in business. Trying to recover it with Octoplus now.

edpinal72

May 15, 2017
Hi was going through this post and I had a question. Will this method unlock for international carriers, Claro and Orange in Dominican Republic... Thanks

Burgersos

Oct 3, 2019
Hello everyone!
I have an Lg K7 with T-Mobile locker so my issue is I can't put my sim card into it cause after roll nothing is working with my Airtel sim card. I'm based in Africa located in Uganda .
Is there anyone who can help me solve this issue.
I have tried with Lgup k7, lg flash tool, .. Maybe I might did it in a wrong way but please guys need some help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi Augie1832. Im totally new to this and quite clueless. I run into the exact same problem. Can you be more specific, maybe showing step by step of how to fix this issue. Highly appreciate. Thank you

Here's the step by step tutorial:
    http://www.repairshopusa.com/phone/lg-k7-k330-unbrick-method/
    This topic title doesn't reflect the post in thread.
    Unlock means it can use with any other mobile network.
    Hello all,
    Just purchased LG K7 (Walmart Family Mobile variant, model# K330) and tried to unlock for use on T-Mobile now that all WFM phones are SIM locked. Received a code from cellunlockerpro but the instructions to unlock (2945#*model number#”) don't work to open the dialog box needed to enter the code. Phone has a pre-installed unlock app which checks the eligibility prior to unlocking. Is there anyway to bypass the app and go through the dialer or service menu to unlock somehow? Thanks for any information/advice.