LG k7 ms330

Have you tried Terminal Installer: xposed yet? https://goo.gl/9hn0cQ

• Total voters
Search This thread

its.mahmud

Feb 10, 2013
Orlando
1 k7 bricked. Security error #9. Now on my second k7. Not even sure I want to attempt any further rooting and flashing until a more reliable method for root and unlock and a really solid build for twrp comes out.

Sent from my LGMS330 using XDA-Developers mobile app

DO not try!! I bricked 2 phones. i guess wait until better solution comes. I shouldve wait :(

Reactions: EvilJezuzz

Xstar410

Jul 25, 2014
1 k7 bricked. Security error #9. Now on my second k7. Not even sure I want to attempt any further rooting and flashing until a more reliable method for root and unlock and a really solid build for twrp comes out.

Sent from my LGMS330 using XDA-Developers mobile app

kingroot is reliable as a rooting method, but the only way to get rid of it is to flash a Supersu beta zip in a custom recovery & disable kingroot & remove it as a system app
to install the xposed framework is by using my tool which is be far the most easiest however I don't why some users are still reporting it doesnt work when my beta testers verified it works again earlier today

jonesin

Dec 16, 2010
Denver
kingroot is reliable as a rooting method, but the only way to get rid of it is to flash a Supersu beta zip in a custom recovery & disable kingroot & remove it as a system app
to install the xposed framework is by using my tool which is be far the most easiest however I don't why some users are still reporting it doesnt work when my beta testers verified it works again earlier today

I never got back to testing it because I ended up installing xposed manually in twrp. I did not however have busybox installed so that very well may have been the issue.

P.S. If you can get a CM build running on this device you are a god!! PUHLEASE!~!

Xstar410

Jul 25, 2014
I never got back to testing it because I ended up installing xposed manually in twrp. I did not however have busybox installed so that very well may have been the issue.

P.S. If you can get a CM build running on this device you are a god!! PUHLEASE!~!

Its not hard to build CM or any other custom rom...however ATM I am focusing all my efforts into Terminal Installer X & some others apps I been fiddling with...so I may or may not do it at all
(I dont have a good PC too....just another reason)

jonesin

Dec 16, 2010
Denver
I am willing to dabble. I am going to start playing around with building it for our devices, I may reach out to you for help if that is ok? Setting up a vm builbox right now and have the source so gonna give it a go.

Its not hard to build CM or any other custom rom...however ATM I am focusing all my efforts into Terminal Installer X & some others apps I been fiddling with...so I may or may not do it at all
(I dont have a good PC too....just another reason)

Xstar410

Jul 25, 2014
I am willing to dabble. I am going to start playing around with building it for our devices, I may reach out to you for help if that is ok? Setting up a vm builbox right now and have the source so gonna give it a go.

you should buy an 1TB external hard drive HDD or SSD & install Ubuntu on it...then changed a few settings on the PC to boot from a usb drive if its connected
(dont worry it wont try to boot from normal usb drives if it doesnt have the bios info files)
this way your PC isnt overloaded with 50gb to 120gb worth of source code...
Also connect your device to an ethernet cable from your router because depending on your speed...it can takes upto 8 to 16hrs in downloading time...
I will also try to find the tuts i used before to build cyanogenmod

jonesin

Dec 16, 2010
Denver
you should buy an 1TB external hard drive HDD or SSD & install Ubuntu on it...then changed a few settings on the PC to boot from a usb drive if its connected
(dont worry it wont try to boot from normal usb drives if it doesnt have the bios info files)
Also connect your device to an ethernet cable from your router because depending on your speed...it can takes upto 8 to 16hrs in downloading time...

\THANKS downloading cm source right now

jonesin

Dec 16, 2010
Denver

ever find the tutorials? I am having a hard time getting started.

d34dp001

Jun 17, 2016
Ok so I am still somewhat noobish on this stuff. I do not want exposed framework as it seems to be a terminal and is not what I am interested in. I already have a terminal source if I want it. What I am looking for is a way to repurpose or mod paranoidandroid as it is of major curiosity to me. I am new to custom roms but that is the only one I want to try out in this foray. Will I need to compile it? If so will I need the lgms33 source code as well?

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Code:
Ok so I am still somewhat noobish on this stuff. I do not want exposed framework as it seems to be a terminal and is not what I am interested in. I already have a terminal source if I want it. What I am looking for is a way to repurpose or mod paranoidandroid as it is of major curiosity to me. I am new to custom roms but that is the only one I want to try out in this foray. Will I need to compile it? If so will I need the lgms33 source code as well?

Ok so I just checked and my model number is actually LG-k330 not lgms33

Xstar410

Jul 25, 2014
You don't understand at all...

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Code:

Xposed & the xposed framework are NOT a terminal....Its basically a custom rom, but can still keep the stock android & install awesome features through modules.
however my tool "Terminal Installer X" is a terminal to INSTALL the xposed framework since normally a user would have to flash a custom recovery & install it from there...however not every device that's new & old have a custom recovery boulde built for it.... so that's why I developed "Terminal Installer X" to support devices WITHOUT custom recoveries.

d34dp001

Jun 17, 2016

Code:

Xposed & the xposed framework are NOT a terminal....Its basically a custom rom, but can still keep the stock android & install awesome features through modules.
however my tool "Terminal Installer X" is a terminal to INSTALL the xposed framework since normally a user would have to flash a custom recovery & install it from there...however not every device that's new & old have a custom recovery boulde built for it.... so that's why I developed "Terminal Installer X" to support devices WITHOUT custom recoveries.

Ok that was besides the point anyway. Thanks for clarifying that though. If you have any information for creating something that can install paranoidandroid especially since it is not supported by paranoidandroid itself i would very much appreciate it. Only posting here since this thread is dealing with custom roms and especially people who have dealt with them lots themselves.

Xstar410

Jul 25, 2014
could i flash it in download mode and fix my phone? you'd b a life saver if so! :D:highfive:

Did my tool bricked your device?

Yes that is 1 method to fix your phone...however the kdz firmware file has still not been released yet

So here are 2 other methods to fix your device

1. Use your PC to Boot in bootloader & type "fastboot OEM unlock" & after its unlocked reflash the system partition with a unmodified stock system img

2. Create RMA with LG & have them fix your device...obviously do NOT tell them you rooted the device since it WILL void your warranty

raisedbyradke

Jul 4, 2016
can you please explain

Did my tool bricked your device?

Yes that is 1 method to fix your phone...however the kdz firmware file has still not been released yet

So here are 2 other methods to fix your device

1. Use your PC to Boot in bootloader & type "fastboot OEM unlock" & after its unlocked reflash the system partition with a unmodified stock system img

2. Create RMA with LG & have them fix your device...obviously do NOT tell them you rooted the device since it WILL void your warranty

Can you please explain further on how to do option 1? Mostly on where or how i would get the stock system img. My phone does still boot in to twrp recovery and fastboot plus it boots up just fine in safe mode other than i have no launcher installed so use is is limited to accessing the settings and that about it while powered on. I didnt technically brick mine, more on the i uninstalled some somewhat important stock apps and factory reset the phone. After that the phone will boot but since those apps arent there its functionality is limited.

Xstar410

Jul 25, 2014
Then all you have to do is download a compatible gapps package & flash it through TWRP...a gapps package is a bunch of google apps...so that is your only easy solution since its not bricked...

A suggestion....if you want to choose what apps are to be installed then go with the "aroma" package...but it is about 500 to 600+ MB though!

Reactions: raisedbyradke

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Flashfire or twrp xposed works great. Also i. Rooted with kingroot. Flashed twrp in flashify. Went in and removed ki g from within itself. Then flashed su through twrp

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Then all you have to do is download a compatible gapps package & flash it through TWRP...a gapps package is a bunch of google apps...so that is your only easy solution since its not bricked...

A suggestion....if you want to choose what apps are to be installed then go with the "aroma" package...but it is about 500 to 600+ MB though!

There is a tot for this devices.

Xstar410

Jul 25, 2014
Flashfire or twrp xposed works great. Also i. Rooted with kingroot. Flashed twrp in flashify. Went in and removed ki g from within itself. Then flashed su through twrp

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

There is a tot for this devices.

The easiest solution to the problem was just to reflash the gapps zip...please don't post indiscriminately w/o explaing why or have no details steps to back it up...all you leave are unanswered questions for new users who may I try your half baked solution....

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
The easiest solution to the problem was just to reflash the gapps zip...please don't post indiscriminately w/o explaing why or have no details steps to back it up...all you leave are unanswered questions for new users who may I try your half baked solution....

What are u talking about. Is all i did is post what worked for me problem free. I mean. Wtf. With as little development as this device has i figured people would be happy. With another method. Dont know how long youve been messing with lgs. But i know i have for quite some time now. Ive been working on a custom rom now for a few weeks of owning this mediocre device. And dont feel its much worth even messing with. Back to the g4.
If any one has any questions about my half baked methods please feel free to ask. After all this is a forum for developers and modders alike.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I quoted u on the wrong post i wasnt trying to answer the gapps question meant for another. on that note i am sorry.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

I quoted u on the wrong post i wasnt trying to answer the gapps question meant for another. on that note i am sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay first thing first...
    This thread is now under new & better management as it is now only about the device itself, but also rooting, custom recoveries, & even xposed specifically for the LG K7!

if you have any questions about any of the fun topics here please feel free to PM/post your questions here.
    LGMS330 source code

Somehow & IDK how, but I downloaded the source code for the lgms330 & it also comes with instruction to make a custom rom with it!!!!!
    I'm so excited!!! once I get my phone back from LG to fix my phone & send it back to me...(they won't let me fix it myself)
    Im going to build cyanogenmod & TWRP for LG K7 in the meantime

so here's the download link for the LGMS330 source code...it contains the kernel as well!
    lgms330 source code
    I used the latest kingroot from the official site to root - then used Supersu Me from the Playstore to replace kingroot with Chainfire's Supersu. Worked like a charm, not a single issue.
    I havent tried to install supersu in my terminal app (yet) I just finished on my app & just started testing it on my own....I will try to add a supersu option for anyone who has root, but not from supersu
    It seems most can't understand the situstion im in....

I actually rooted my device, but the complications came after when i made an app to install the xposed framework...it worked the first time, but when i tried to install it again to see what will happen...the app crashed & rebooted my phone...after the third attempt I was left with a brick....

So my issue here is that I DID NOT have trouble on gaining root....HOWEVER I figured out why my app broke my phone & I fixed my issue(s) & added many safety protocols to be initated if the the same case ever happen again
    Not as well as I liked.... K7 a little akward

I had as just a hard time if not equal to the ms770 stylo ... Im beginning to not like LG grrrr. It's almost like the bootloader is locking .... As this thread started it was all about the su binary not taking it then maybe rooted after restore. But in both devices I had to uninstall root. Just had root until reboot and a mess after that. Is there another issue with the bootloader on lg? I can say that I think there is a diference in su ap and installed binary so pay attention.
    I did not do well in my imaging ability... I should have reached to ask assistance but need to start and finish these two. I went ahead and customed them with out root apps ... The buyers didnt carecause they never seen root apps anyway. Im getting another this week ... More time hopefully