LG k7 ms330

Have you tried Terminal Installer: xposed yet? https://goo.gl/9hn0cQ

• Total voters
Search This thread

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
I am saying my method to install xposed worked also. I use flashfire. No recovery needed. The app flashfire is built by chainfire. It works wonders on most lgs g2 g3 g4. K7. stylo i use it to flash everything instead of twrp.
Only thing i used twrp for was to flash supersu. And only after i removed root through kingroot app first.

My steps are to install su as safe as possible and i bricked other methods people used.
Im jot gonna go through how to unlock bootloader theres many threads on that. I just know what works for me and am not twisting no ones arm into anything.
First thing i do after unlocking bootloader is root with kingroot. Only to install flashify. Once flashify was installed i flashed twrp.
I installed a quick reboot wiget to geto twrp. Then i unrooted from kingroot su app. Rebooted to twrp. And flash super su. Then i was rooted properly.
Since flashfire came out i use it to flash all zips. xposed framework. Viper4android. Loads of modules run decently on this device
And to further this. Nothing is really safe on this device as there is no active key presses to enter recovery so in my opinion tot kdz method is about the easiest safest quikest restore method available

Xstar410

Jul 25, 2014
Made the wrong point....

What are u talking about. Is all i did is post what worked for me problem free. I mean. Wtf. With as little development as this device has i figured people would be happy. With another method. Dont know how long youve been messing with lgs. But i know i have for quite some time now. Ive been working on a custom rom now for a few weeks of owning this mediocre device. And dont feel its much worth even messing with. Back to the g4.
If any one has any questions about my half baked methods please feel free to ask. After all this is a forum for developers and modders alike.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I quoted u on the wrong post i wasnt trying to answer the gapps question meant for another. on that note i am sorry.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

I quoted u on the wrong post i wasnt trying to answer the gapps question meant for another. on that note i am sorry.

What meant was just add more details/steps to your solution such as a link to the tot, link to the software to use such tot, & how to use such software....this is a community of developers where we can openly share ideas/solutions , but again for future reference more details will be helpful for others so they are not discombobulated trying to find all the files & trying to figure how to use the software (very noobish Devs & user) will love to have more solutions at their disposal...so I wasn't putting you down for your solution entirely....more details never hurt anyone...right?

Reactions: TheMadScientist

Xstar410

Jul 25, 2014
You are right

I am saying my method to install xposed worked also. I use flashfire. No recovery needed. The app flashfire is built by chainfire. It works wonders on most lgs g2 g3 g4. K7. stylo i use it to flash everything instead of twrp.
Only thing i used twrp for was to flash supersu. And only after i removed root through kingroot app first.

My steps are to install su as safe as possible and i bricked other methods people used.
Im jot gonna go through how to unlock bootloader theres many threads on that. I just know what works for me and am not twisting no ones arm into anything.
First thing i do after unlocking bootloader is root with kingroot. Only to install flashify. Once flashify was installed i flashed twrp.
I installed a quick reboot wiget to geto twrp. Then i unrooted from kingroot su app. Rebooted to twrp. And flash super su. Then i was rooted properly.
Since flashfire came out i use it to flash all zips. xposed framework. Viper4android. Loads of modules run decently on this device
And to further this. Nothing is really safe on this device as there is no active key presses to enter recovery so in my opinion tot kdz method is about the easiest safest quikest restore method available

However the user thought he/she was bricked, but as it turns out the user only had to reflash the device with a gapps package which the user confirmed worked....this also allowed the user to keep their data w/o resetting the device.

Reactions: TheMadScientist

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
I understand.
Ive always been more of a dooer lol. Than a explainer. My ADHD kicks in. Im messing with a few other lg root methods. Also forgoi g kingo or kingroot altother. Such as flash twrp straight from fastboot. I always end up in no recovery at all for some reason. But. Twrp from fastboot then flash su directly. But the binary wont update. Im sorry ive been doing phones for a long time. Startin back in honeycomb. Just so this device to me is useless almost with twrp. Due to no direct hardwarer button recovery method. Have to be done on kernal level.
As for the tot. Method. Lg up and lg flashtool cant juat be explained. Each phone has there own list of files. Tots of kdzs. Plus dlls.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I understand.
Ive always been more of a dooer lol. Than a explainer. My ADHD kicks in. Im messing with a few other lg root methods. Also forgoi g kingo or kingroot altother. Such as flash twrp straight from fastboot. I always end up in no recovery at all for some reason. But. Twrp from fastboot then flash su directly. But the binary wont update. Im sorry ive been doing phones for a long time. Startin back in honeycomb. Just so this device to me is useless almost with twrp. Due to no direct hardwarer button recovery method. Have to be done on kernal level.
As for the tot. Method. Lg up and lg flashtool cant juat be explained. Each phone has there own list of files. Tots of kdzs. Plus dlls.

Customize ur self

Apr 10, 2016
huntsville
Have you rebooted yet?

Having one of those days today and I just spent about an hour trying to log in to post that it wworks. So I'm going to make this post a little more useful then that

Yes, I rebooted after running a terminal script to remove kingroot and replace it with chainfire and DID NOT HAVE ANY ISSUES All the info I'm about to give is pretty much copied from wolfdroid website but with my zest.

Replacing KINGROOT SU with CHAINFIRE SU on my LG K7 5.1.1 METROPCS LGMS330

1. Go to the PlayStore download a terminal emulator.
2. Download the zip file containing the shell script and
su.apk. from a site I found Google'n "wolfdroid kingroot chainfire su -voila" should be wolfdroid site in the top result. *Make sure to unzip it to internal storage or change the terminal command in the next step.
3. Fire up your Terminal emulator and type su press enter and grant root to the terminal then type sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh press enter and if all went well its going remove kingroot and install chainfire su .
4. Install chainfire su binary normal and reboot.

*note I got a error that displayed in the terminal but it still worked. NO BOOTLOOP. NO PROBLEMS.

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John
Have you rebooted yet?

Having one of those days today and I just spent about an hour trying to log in to post that it wworks. So I'm going to make this post a little more useful then that

Yes, I rebooted after running a terminal script to remove kingroot and replace it with chainfire and DID NOT HAVE ANY ISSUES All the info I'm about to give is pretty much copied from wolfdroid website but with my zest.

Replacing KINGROOT SU with CHAINFIRE SU on my LG K7 5.1.1 METROPCS LGMS330

1. Go to the PlayStore download a terminal emulator.
2. Download the zip file containing the shell script and
su.apk. from a site I found Google'n "wolfdroid kingroot chainfire su -voila" should be wolfdroid site in the top result. *Make sure to unzip it to internal storage or change the terminal command in the next step.
3. Fire up your Terminal emulator and type su press enter and grant root to the terminal then type sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh press enter and if all went well its going remove kingroot and install chainfire su .
4. Install chainfire su binary normal and reboot.

*note I got a error that displayed in the terminal but it still worked. NO BOOTLOOP. NO PROBLEMS.

I have two more questions.

1. Where did you start from?

What I mean by that is, did you already have an unlocked bootloader from a previous unbrick for example?

EDIT: Another way I guess would be to adb reboot bootloader, then fastboot oem unlock, but I remember having a problem with it or something.. been months ago.

These are the instructions I followed exactly and how I bricked my phone.

Not only that, KingRoot seems to cause the K7s to have other severe problems that crop up later or sometimes immediately.

Question 2: Not sure if you mentioned it or not and I don't really want to go back and look... was this a MetroPCS or T-Mobile phone that you rooted?

Last edited:

Customize ur self

Apr 10, 2016
huntsville
Have you rebooted yet?

Do not use that method or you'll cause others to brick their K7s!

What I mean by that is, did you already have an unlocked bootloader from a previous unbrick for example?

EDIT: Another way I guess would be to adb reboot bootloader, then fastboot oem unlock, but I remember having a problem with it or something.. been months ago.

Not only that, KingRoot seems to cause the K7s to have other severe problems that crop up later or sometimes immediately.

Question 2: Not sure if you mentioned it or not and I don't really want to go back and look... was this a MetroPCS or T-Mobile phone that you rooted?

LG K7 5.1.1 METROPCS LGMS330 Originally rooted by kingroot apk from kingoapp several months ago. I was under the impression that yea I did have the option enabled under developer menu for the OEM unlock but after just checking I did not. To my knowledge the bootloader is locked. Not sure why it put your phone in a BOOTLOOP brother but looks safe to do now.

goitalone

Jun 2, 2014
Port St. John
LG K7 5.1.1 METROPCS LGMS330 Originally rooted by kingroot apk from kingoapp several months ago. I was under the impression that yea I did have the option enabled under developer menu for the OEM unlock but after just checking I did not. To my knowledge the bootloader is locked. Not sure why it put your phone in a BOOTLOOP brother but looks safe to do now.

I would love to believe that, but after 50+ people with KingRoot bricks came to me for help unbricking and other KingRoot/wolfDroid script related issues, I cannot recommend either of above to anyone.

Thanks for the info, and good luck!

Xstar410

Jul 25, 2014

Enable OEM UNLOCK from the developer options before you unlock the bootloader

[email protected]

Aug 27, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
superstarmobility.weebly.com
Kingroot

I used Kingroot to root. Than I unlocked my bootloader. Fastboot oem unlock. Get var to make sure that you are unlocked than used flashify to flash recovery than through flashify go to recovery backup than flash update supersu zip the latest one of course. ( previous to rooting I downloaded flashify and system app remover from the play store) than uninstall Kingroot with system app remover than reboot that open up supersu and follow all the prompts than you should be good. And just to make sure all Kingroot apps are gone open up system app remover and delete all Kingroot apps and also precede to remove all apps that you don't want or use EXCEPT PRIORITY APPS THAT WILL PREVENT THE DEVICE FROM BOOTING BACK UP.

Nemaz

Mar 31, 2016
im on a freshly bought metropcs ms330 running the LMY47V build. i used kingroot 4.5 (had later versions not work on other phones, use this one for compatability) to obtain root. used w0lfdroid 2.4 method to swap kingroot with supersu.
im not sure if you guys have unlocked your bootloaders, but i have oem unlock enabled but wasnt able to do the fastboot oem unlock function because drivers werent successfully installed.
ive noticed i cant edit my build.prop or mixer_paths.xml files at all, i wasnt able to flashfire xposed sdk22 arm v85 manually.. device control [root] shows my bootloader as unknown. terminal emulator x v2 cannot successfully install xposed neither.
is this all because i havent unlocked my bootloader? i also havent experienced a single bootloop throughout all this

Xstar410

Jul 25, 2014
im on a freshly bought metropcs ms330 running the LMY47V build. i used kingroot 4.5 (had later versions not work on other phones, use this one for compatability) to obtain root. used w0lfdroid 2.4 method to swap kingroot with supersu.
im not sure if you guys have unlocked your bootloaders, but i have oem unlock enabled but wasnt able to do the fastboot oem unlock function because drivers werent successfully installed.
ive noticed i cant edit my build.prop or mixer_paths.xml files at all, i wasnt able to flashfire xposed sdk22 arm v85 manually.. device control [root] shows my bootloader as unknown. terminal emulator x v2 cannot successfully install xposed neither.
is this all because i havent unlocked my bootloader? i also havent experienced a single bootloop throughout all this

al long as you have busybox installed & OEM Unlock enabled...you can install xposed with my awesome app...
Terminal Installer x 2.0
However about the bootloader stuff...I cant help w/o knowing the following info:

PC OS
which adb/fastboot drivers are installed
are you connecting the phone to a 3.0 USB slot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay first thing first...
    This thread is now under new & better management as it is now only about the device itself, but also rooting, custom recoveries, & even xposed specifically for the LG K7!

if you have any questions about any of the fun topics here please feel free to PM/post your questions here.
    LGMS330 source code

Somehow & IDK how, but I downloaded the source code for the lgms330 & it also comes with instruction to make a custom rom with it!!!!!
    I'm so excited!!! once I get my phone back from LG to fix my phone & send it back to me...(they won't let me fix it myself)
    Im going to build cyanogenmod & TWRP for LG K7 in the meantime

so here's the download link for the LGMS330 source code...it contains the kernel as well!
    lgms330 source code
    I used the latest kingroot from the official site to root - then used Supersu Me from the Playstore to replace kingroot with Chainfire's Supersu. Worked like a charm, not a single issue.
    I havent tried to install supersu in my terminal app (yet) I just finished on my app & just started testing it on my own....I will try to add a supersu option for anyone who has root, but not from supersu
    It seems most can't understand the situstion im in....

I actually rooted my device, but the complications came after when i made an app to install the xposed framework...it worked the first time, but when i tried to install it again to see what will happen...the app crashed & rebooted my phone...after the third attempt I was left with a brick....

So my issue here is that I DID NOT have trouble on gaining root....HOWEVER I figured out why my app broke my phone & I fixed my issue(s) & added many safety protocols to be initated if the the same case ever happen again
    Not as well as I liked.... K7 a little akward

I had as just a hard time if not equal to the ms770 stylo ... Im beginning to not like LG grrrr. It's almost like the bootloader is locking .... As this thread started it was all about the su binary not taking it then maybe rooted after restore. But in both devices I had to uninstall root. Just had root until reboot and a mess after that. Is there another issue with the bootloader on lg? I can say that I think there is a diference in su ap and installed binary so pay attention.
    I did not do well in my imaging ability... I should have reached to ask assistance but need to start and finish these two. I went ahead and customed them with out root apps ... The buyers didnt carecause they never seen root apps anyway. Im getting another this week ... More time hopefully