LG L-51A (V60 Docomo Variant) Firmware update through flashing

Search This thread

Rko4A-GE

Dec 14, 2017
LG G8
LG V60 ThinQ
I bought this phone second hand and I can't seem to find firmwares of this specific model, would love to know if I can crossflash without any problems?

Attachments

• IMG-20210814-WA0029.jpg
    IMG-20210814-WA0029.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 204

SZ0TYI

Apr 16, 2017
I bought this phone second hand and I can't seem to find firmwares of this specific model, would love to know if I can crossflash without any problems?
Hi, Not without problems, still fighting with it. Actually crossflash has happened but there are issues now. Is there any chance that you could prepare a dump of your version? It would be helpful for extract the boot.img from it.

jdlfjk

Jan 6, 2008
I can crossflash at&t variant to EA with the help of firehose. Could you share a back up of your modem_a partition? I want to see what carrier is supported in the this variant.

SZ0TYI

Apr 16, 2017
I can not reach any of the files actually. What I did is that crossflashed my Docomo variant to EA which went without error. But NT code is not matching now and there is no bootloader unlock option. Not only the LG stopped to provide unlock.bin but bootloader menu is not available. If you reach there on any way the device is restarting in normal mode. I was thinking in many possibilities but not sure if any is feasible. tried to change between many EA ROMS. Also I was thinking after all to do the chip erase by LGUP. As the PDM is not working now probably would not work after erase, in that case one more step only bacward. By the way I dont know why the LGUP can not touch the device in the blue factory mode. That is the point where the PDM set can not be done for the NT change. Otherwise root or bootloader unlock would not be important to me about other reason than replace bootloader to the EA version.

nclam

Jan 14, 2022
I can not reach any of the files actually. What I did is that crossflashed my Docomo variant to EA which went without error. But NT code is not matching now and there is no bootloader unlock option. Not only the LG stopped to provide unlock.bin but bootloader menu is not available. If you reach there on any way the device is restarting in normal mode. I was thinking in many possibilities but not sure if any is feasible. tried to change between many EA ROMS. Also I was thinking after all to do the chip erase by LGUP. As the PDM is not working now probably would not work after erase, in that case one more step only bacward. By the way I dont know why the LGUP can not touch the device in the blue factory mode. That is the point where the PDM set can not be done for the NT change. Otherwise root or bootloader unlock would not be important to me about other reason than replace bootloader to the EA version.
I was actually just about to try to crossflash my L-51A to the TM2X variant. What do you mean by NT code is not matching? What advice can I get about doing this?

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
I was actually just about to try to crossflash my L-51A to the TM2X variant. What do you mean by NT code is not matching? What advice can I get about doing this?
can you please make a full dump of your FW?
i have a ruined L-51A with a lost IMEI, and I didn't think I'll end up having this problem so I didn't back up the whole contents...

andamiro00

Dec 1, 2021
LG V60 ThinQ
LG v60 51a does not have kdz.
But if you update outside of Japan, try it like a link. I tried it in the Korean community and confirmed that it was updated.

Cross-flash will be difficult in a general way.
The partition composition is different between the US version and the European version.