• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LG O2x vs Sony Xperia P

Search This thread

Snopell

Apr 27, 2009
Hi guys, got offer to exchange my Optimus for Xperia P. Just wanted to know what do you think. I checked many reviews, but still cant decide. Is Xperia P better than Optimus 2x? I usualy use my phone for games, music and calls/text. Can Xperia P handle newer games good? Thanks for any response :)

EDIT: Noticed I posted in bad section, should be Q&A right? Sorry :(

Last edited:

liti15

Dec 13, 2008
Tetovo
Maybe you forgot that lg optimus 2x was lg flagship and sony xperia p is mid end phone so it is like a ferrari f430 and mercedes c63

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

diaramja

Nov 7, 2007
I have both and I think Xperia P is the correct choose, better camera, better display and official JB support.

Walkman and Album apps are awesome and better call sound than my old optimus 2x.

kaspar737

Jul 24, 2011
I'd choose the P too. It will get Jelly Bean, has more RAM, and probably a better camera. I personally like their stock ROMs more too.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

sushantp666

Dec 9, 2011
o2x best display better than amoled, good power,camera,vast community support
but also a 3 year old phone, less ram.

p dont hav power like o2x,but gud for daily use.if o2x giving u prob go for p. but if it dont stick with it,still one of the best and after custom ics and few mod to camera app ready to rock again:D

diaramja

Nov 7, 2007
O2x better display?
did you try to read a email with sun light?
Yes, Xperia P's display is not a IPS or AMOLED but It has whitemagic technology (RGBW pattern) and more resolution.
Optimus 2x is more powerful but Xperia P is better for smartphone use (or multimedia use).

I'm not a fanboy but seriously, get the Xperia P, or wait for a new Xperia 2013

Last edited:

Jishnu Sur™

Nov 25, 2012
ND-BL-MB-KL
O2x better display?
did you try to read a email with sun light?
Yes, Xperia P's display is not a IPS or AMOLED but It has whitemagic technology (RGBW pattern) and more resolution.
Optimus 2x is more powerful but Xperia P is better for smartphone use (or multimedia use).

I'm not a fanboy but seriously, get the Xperia P, or wait for a new Xperia 2013

Seems like you people dont know that all 2012 Lg androids are getting JB the next month.. :) And o2x is far superior device..and u cant live with only 13Gigs space i guess

kaspar737

Jul 24, 2011
Seems like you people dont know that all 2012 Lg androids are getting JB the next month.. :) And o2x is far superior device..and u cant live with only 13Gigs space i guess

Pathetic fanboy. Only L9, L7 and 4X are getting JB.
Also, just go to gsmarena and compare specs, you can see the P is better.

Jishnu Sur™

Nov 25, 2012
ND-BL-MB-KL
Pathetic fanboy. Only L9, L7 and 4X are getting JB.
Also, just go to gsmarena and compare specs, you can see the P is better.

:p hehehe
Yea i like LG devices.. I have a Xperia U too, but i don like it much.. P's screen is overbright and color saturation is not perfect.. And yea Sony service is s#!t.. I know because my xperia was f#=ced up once, and couldn't sort it out..

R0B3RTF1SH3R

Apr 5, 2012
Auckland
anything is better than this peice of crap, lack of support from LG with regards to "keeping up with compatibility" and maximizing their phone users experience. NULL AND VOID!.

and to make it worse. the battery time is enough to make you cry. especialy when you wish you saved for a s3 instead. =( but your right i did want to have the 1st dualcore phone =( payed hefty for it 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well had both also... O2X performs better... More fun also... And display is miles miles better.

Sent from my HTC One SV using xda premium