lg optimus 4g lte root help

Search This thread

pingpongpyro

Jun 9, 2012
so.. some iime ago i bought a lg optimu 4g lte(used) and now i want to get rid of it.. unless i can root it. the only problem is that i cant figure out which model it is. it came in its origional box that hal lg optimus 4g lte p935 written on it but in the system/about phone it says lg-p930????? here is all the stuff it says:android version 4.0.3, Baseband version APQ8060/MDM9200, KERNEL VERSION: 3.0.8-PERF-00001-G721A2D4, build number: IML74K, software version: lg-p930-v18f-apr-11-2012, also its unlocked. if you know how to root it please tell me how!!!

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
so.. some iime ago i bought a lg optimu 4g lte(used) and now i want to get rid of it.. unless i can root it. the only problem is that i cant figure out which model it is. it came in its origional box that hal lg optimus 4g lte p935 written on it but in the system/about phone it says lg-p930????? here is all the stuff it says:android version 4.0.3, Baseband version APQ8060/MDM9200, KERNEL VERSION: 3.0.8-PERF-00001-G721A2D4, build number: IML74K, software version: lg-p930-v18f-apr-11-2012, also its unlocked. if you know how to root it please tell me how!!!

You have a Telus P935 phone with the AT&T P930 leaked ICS v18f ROM installed on it. All the P93x devices are identical, so there's nothing wrong with having that installed on that device.

If you want to install custom ROMs, you will need to follow the unbricking guide to downgrade to Gingerbread. From there you can install CWM and then flash to any P93x ROM you want.

If you only want root and you are happy with LG's ICS ROM, then I'd actually recommend that you update your phone to the newest Telus ICS ROM which is improved over the one you have installed. You can root it easily as well, however you can't install CWM from any of the ICS ROMs.

Last edited:
Reactions: pingpongpyro

pingpongpyro

Jun 9, 2012
You have a Telus P935 phone with the AT&T P930 leaked ICS v18f ROM installed on it. All the P93x devices are identical, so there's nothing wrong with having that installed on that device.

If you want to install custom ROMs, you will need to follow the unbricking guide to downgrade to Gingerbread. From there you can install CWM and then flash to any P93x ROM you want.

If you only want root and you are happy with LG's ICS ROM, then I'd actually recommend that you update your phone to the newest Telus ICS ROM which is improved over the one you have installed. You can root it easily as well, however you can't install CWM from any of the ICS ROMs.

well first of all, thanks a ton, and also , could you refer me to a gyde to the unbrick place and the telus ics rom... thanks

pingpongpyro

Jun 9, 2012
Could you give me a link to the oficial 4.0.4 update because the gyde you sent me has the firmware that i already have installed in it

Sent from my Desire HD

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
Could you give me a link to the oficial 4.0.4 update because the gyde you sent me has the firmware that i already have installed in it

Sent from my Desire HD

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/pro...e=LGP935&initialTab=documents&targetPage=null

Install USB driver then software update from that page.

After you have the new update, do a factory reset (hold volume down + power button after turning phone off).

Then to root, do this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1835946

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.