LG Phoenix 2 (K371) Network mode issue

Search This thread

tromal

Aug 10, 2016
Hello,

I've got a LG Phoenix 2(K371) phone that I bought from Bestbuy and unlocked through AT&T
The phone is supposed to support the UMTS B1(2100 Mhz) frequency (as stated in specs).
I'm in North Africa right now for a business trip and unfortunately I wasn't able to get any 3G data with the local carrier that uses the UMTS 2100 Mhz frequency, I'm stuck with only 2G while my other phone works just fine.
I tried to change my Network Mode from 4G to 3G but the Network mode menu is missing!!!!!!
My questions are:

1- Does the K371 really supports the UMTS 2100 Mhz frequency ?
2- How can I change my Network mode from 4G/Lte to 3g/WCDMA?
Thanks

Reactions: ar02

lg_k371

Jan 13, 2017
Same here in the UK! Only 2G.
My understanding is that either the official specifications of the phone are wrong - it doesn't support the HSDPA frequency of 2100 MHz, or (most likely) this frequency is disabled in the phone software settings since AT@T doesn't use this frequency in the US. In any case it is very frustrating: I bought this phone convinced it is going to work while I am travelling in Europe, but obviously it doesn't as 2G data connection is useless.

Oct 8, 2011
Same problem in SE Asia. Phone doesn't have the right LTE bands but HSPC should work. Only getting 2G. No option in the hidden menu to change the modem RAT settings that I can see. *#546368#*371#

Anyone have any luck using the k371 overseas?

Ankany

Jan 26, 2017
Same here...
I tried every single method I know in hopes that I could root the phone, but no luck!!!
I believe at&t disabled the said frequencies....
Our only bet is a proper root, and a custom rom..

LGLGLGLG

Jul 6, 2017
I have found a solution. I am using it outside the US. I contacted my cellular provider, gave them the phone name (LG K371) and they sent me a text message with automatic settings for their data network. As soon as I opened it, I got a message like "data settings have been updated" and now it works on 3G and 4G without any issues. You may also be able to find these data configuration settings on your cell service provider's web site.

Reactions: Saguni

billa

Mar 30, 2006
Hello,

I've got a LG Phoenix 2(K371) phone that I bought from Bestbuy and unlocked through AT&T
The phone is supposed to support the UMTS B1(2100 Mhz) frequency (as stated in specs).
I'm in North Africa right now for a business trip and unfortunately I wasn't able to get any 3G data with the local carrier that uses the UMTS 2100 Mhz frequency, I'm stuck with only 2G while my other phone works just fine.
I tried to change my Network Mode from 4G to 3G but the Network mode menu is missing!!!!!!
My questions are:

Thanks

Sorry for a late reply, but here's the real scoop about the LG K371 (AT&T)

First, being a "cheap" LG phone, there are very few bands actually included, and they only cover the main (not all) AT&T US frequencies, therefore it's no surprise that doesn't work on all overseas carriers. Again, they are covering only major US bands, and despite what it shows on the box or specs it may not be always true. B1 (2,100Mhz) band has different sub-bands, therefore it doesn't mean that the US B1 will work on an overseas B1, let alone the air-interface (2G/3G/4G/LTE) may not all be supported even if this sub-band exists.

Second, being that it's an AT&T phone, they are knows to load firmware with major restrictions for band selection called RAT Restrictions, which cannot be undone unless you can reflash it with a non-customized firmware, but you can't do that either due to the locked bootloader. A better option is to always go with the un-customized or Tmobile K7/K8 because they always have a lot more bands enabled than the AT&T version. Better yet, go with a Samsung which have more bands even on the AT&T models.

Bottom line, "cheap" phones along with AT&T restrictions will not work everywhere, despite the specs, and there's nothing you can do about it.
And my favorite old adage is "You get what you pay for!" LOL

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

My questions are:

Thanks
    Did you ever get this sorted out? I am in Germany and can only get 2G also.
    Same here in the UK! Only 2G.
    My understanding is that either the official specifications of the phone are wrong - it doesn't support the HSDPA frequency of 2100 MHz, or (most likely) this frequency is disabled in the phone software settings since AT@T doesn't use this frequency in the US. In any case it is very frustrating: I bought this phone convinced it is going to work while I am travelling in Europe, but obviously it doesn't as 2G data connection is useless.
    Same problem in SE Asia. Phone doesn't have the right LTE bands but HSPC should work. Only getting 2G. No option in the hidden menu to change the modem RAT settings that I can see. *#546368#*371#

Anyone have any luck using the k371 overseas?
    Same here...
    I tried every single method I know in hopes that I could root the phone, but no luck!!!
    I believe at&t disabled the said frequencies....
    Our only bet is a proper root, and a custom rom..