LG says official "ICS" for flagship models.

Search This thread

ThiaiZ

Sep 23, 2010
Eskilstuna
LG says officially that all LG top models are going to be updated to ICS even the O2X. And as soon Google release the Android source for ICS, LG would already talk about dates when update is coming. That's pretty good news, they maybe started to listen to their own costumers. What do you guys think about the information? Can you change your mind about LG after all?

www.swedroid.se/lg-planerar-android-4-0-uppdatering-for-lg-optimus-2x-och-andra-toppmodeller/

www.theandroidsoul.com/android-4-0-ics-update-for-lg-optimus-2x-3d-g2x-planned-by-lg/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheAndroidSoul+%28TheAndroidSoul%29

Last edited:

Deth Becomes You

Sep 11, 2010
ZombieTown, USA
I won't be holding my breathe. I would like to be optimistic about this but with LG's track record, I find it hard to swallow. If anything, we will see ICS on the 3D in 5 months. Thanks for your rom by the way ThiaiZ. :)

mad_sunday

Dec 11, 2005
Burton, Staffordshire
mmace take out the battery and THOUGHLY clean the contacts on both the battery and the phone. I suspect you have a problem with the connections.

Pete

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

Jordibcn

Oct 11, 2011
This are great news. LG at last hear its customers. I have faith in Optimus 3D hardware. Its hardware is amazing and with promised ICS support I have wildest performance expectations .This LG optimus 3D I just bought will last a very long time :)

scottydoguk

Aug 10, 2010
glasgow
LG PR

Its fair enough saying that they will release it theyve been saying that about GB and thats like two year old, But does wonders for their PR image. Can see it now 2013 "sorry we havent released ice cream sandwidch but we are currently extensivly testing this so to limit any bugs that maybe present. Thankyou for your patience a release will be proberly tested and in q2 2016"

omgomg

Mar 3, 2008
Portugal
They must have been pretty impressed with the negative reaction to their facebook announcement about the 2.3 release.
They have deleted over 150 comments so far, most expressing extreme dissatisfaction with their customer and community support.

alankstiyo

Sep 15, 2009
Buried deep inside my mind
it's not just the case of LG, SE has the same issue with the X10.

Sadly ppl think that as soon as google releases a new android version we have/going to get it.

it's logic that it will take a bit to get it, it has to go through several stages during the development, let hope for the best and trust LG

3Dpixel

Aug 27, 2011
Amsterdam
Dont worry bihappy

http://www.minyanville.com/dailyfeed/2011/09/06/despite-promises-google-has-yet/

And next year zomer ICS:D
then we are on Top of the World
1year old foon en still roking
oc kenel and than 1.5Ghz yababy
TI OMAP4430<=>TI OMAP4460 yababy:p
No the PowerVR SGX540 @ 304 MHz but maybe :)
ThiaiZ(masterbrain) can make it oc Video Card
there is post for that :)
than we have made a good deal whete the foon:cool:
(I hope 2yearcont:rolleyes:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Instruments_OMAP

That's one small step for a EVO 3D or SGS2, one giant leap for O3D yababy
nice roms ThiaiZ thanks you

3Dpixel

Aug 27, 2011
Amsterdam
OOO oke :)
thats good man it runs great
Im love my foon yababy(its like beautiful woman but it required jus like woman):D
oc sgx yaehbaby
king of the mountain
yaehbaby:D

Last edited:

mistermentality

Sep 13, 2010
Pontypridd
www.google.com
LG says officially that all LG top models are going to be updated to ICS even the O2X. And as soon Google release the Android source for ICS, LG would already talk about dates when update is coming. That's pretty good news, they maybe started to listen to their own costumers. What do you guys think about the information? Can you change your mind about LG after all?

www.swedroid.se/lg-planerar-android-4-0-uppdatering-for-lg-optimus-2x-och-andra-toppmodeller/

www.theandroidsoul.com/android-4-0-...ampaign=Feed:+TheAndroidSoul+(TheAndroidSoul)

Unless I misread it the page says other high end models, not flagship ones and definitely does not say all either. Given the new O3D apparently comes out next year ours won't be a flagship model anyway so they are unlikely to waste time or money developing ICS for our phone when it will be a few years old and outdated by then.
Dave

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
Unless I misread it the page says other high end models, not flagship ones and definitely does not say all either. Given the new O3D apparently comes out next year ours won't be a flagship model anyway so they are unlikely to waste time or money developing ICS for our phone when it will be a few years old and outdated by then.
Dave

No they are contractually bound to give the o3d and the lg thrill gb and ics updates... google requires manufacturers to provide any os updates with in 18 months of a devices launch... so if a new os comes out by march 2013 for us thrill owners lg will have to give us that as well... for o3d owners... something like january 2013

Actually come to think of it... that may just be an at&t thing

Sent from my LG Thrill 4G...

ThiaiZ

Sep 23, 2010
Eskilstuna
Dave

Agree with you, but, but, but. High end phones from LG? Hmmm, O2X, O Black + O3D(most expensive and high ended of the 3). If they are not talking about O3D what phone are they talking about? Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA App

mistermentality

Sep 13, 2010
Pontypridd
www.google.com
Aside from the 3D aspect O3D is not their highest end or even most powerful phone and given that they are planning its successor for next year I just don't think they will give us ICS.

As regards contractual obligations I dont think they have any as my previous lg phone never got gingerbread and quite a few of them still don't. Isn't android free for manufacturers? If so not sure how they could be tied into future obligatory updates but I don't know for sure their not.

Dave

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
Aside from the 3D aspect O3D is not their highest end or even most powerful phone and given that they are planning its successor for next year I just don't think they will give us ICS.

As regards contractual obligations I dont think they have any as my previous lg phone never got gingerbread and quite a few of them still don't. Isn't android free for manufacturers? If so not sure how they could be tied into future obligatory updates but I don't know for sure their not.

Dave

Watch this... i think it only applies to newer phones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qlyG7cc8bA

Sent from my LG Thrill 4G...

ThiaiZ

Sep 23, 2010
Eskilstuna

Dave

I am honestly a bit lost here. Wich are the most powerfull LG phones and the most high ended? Can you please tell me?

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA App