• did supersu install easy

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • is xposed installed

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

vegito69

Apr 14, 2016
ok, so there are some things i've found out by doing some research and combining what i found on here with the issues that some people were having with the Cricket version of the LG Stylo, and would like to share with you guys. while i was rooting my phone with kingroot, i noticed a threat that discussed that using supersu me and supersu wasn't an option without soft bricking your phone with a boot loop, after some research and trial i figured out how to get around the problem. The issue was the uninstallation of kinguser app form the phone, this is because using supersu me uninstalls kingroot and replaced it with the superuser binaries, but it leaves some core files of kinguser behind which causes errors, an if you keep your phone on, you'll notice that you'll start getting error messages for an about kingroot permission and all types of errors until your phone starts to freeze and act up. there is an easy fix for it all that worked for me, and would like to share this information and help people having this issue.....

I'm posting this as a hint for those who needed the help with installing xposed on cricket model LG STYLO only running 5.1.1

so to begin, download system repair 2016 and apps2sd from play store, kinguser directly from their site so it will be the latest version,,,root your phone,,,,,don't delete the kinguser apk you downloaded you'll need it for later,,,,now install supersu me from the play store and open and run it, it'll uninstall kinguser and replace the binaries for superuser, this is where its gonna become tricky,,,,,,download supersu and run which will ask for update of binaries also let it finish updating and uninstall the supersu me control,,,,,now open apps2sd and clear the davik cache and other caches without restarting,,,,then run system repair 2016, it'll show that you had a few errors because kinguser hates the fact that supersu me uninstalled it and left messed up configurations on your phone, then clear the davik cache again, now you have to use the same kinguser apk you get at the start of the process and reinstall it to your phone, or else you will be getting a boot loop issue......for some reason even though all the caches are cleared and the system has been checked for errors, the kinguser app installs itself as a system app, a dependency if you will, like a basic LG/Cricket app that if you uninstall will cause errors, so but reinstalling it we stop that problem, you can run it but don't need to activate the root option of kinguser......this will cause the kinguser permission errors to stop also from this point only you can restart your phone,,,,,now you're able to install flashfire and xposed frameworks, and even restart your phone without worry of boot looping since there isn't much support for the LG-H634 stylo model.........:cool::angel::cool::cool::angel::cool:
hope this was helpful for you guys that was in need of replacing kinguser, and installing xposed framework, i've not tried anything further with the twrp install but keep a look out for the names "vegito6" "vegito69" ....and wish me luck on twrp
#humbleprogrammer

Last edited:

Drumdestroyed

Jun 14, 2015
Denver
So I rooted my same phone via kingroot and it has the purify apo along with it. Also having problems with errors and stuff. I'm gonna follow your method see what happens. This being #2 stylo after bricked the first one and couldn't find kdz. Anyway I'll get back to ya let me know if you have anymore info thanks for the help man.

orphan tear maker

markos638

Jun 26, 2012
Help Please

So I rooted my same phone via kingroot and it has the purify apo along with it. Also having problems with errors and stuff. I'm gonna follow your method see what happens. This being #2 stylo after bricked the first one and couldn't find kdz. Anyway I'll get back to ya let me know if you have anymore info thanks for the help man.

orphan tear maker

got bricked today, anyone any luck with something??

markos638

Jun 26, 2012
ok i'm not sure how you guys got bricked, but i just got bricked using flahfire to create backup, so don't use that app as of yet, but anyways working on the replacement now, gonna be trying to create a restore img or flashable zip for the cricket stylo.
I got bricked, trying to change from kingroot to SU, I´ll really appreciate when you find solution give us instructions on how you did it!!

Reactions: Drumdestroyed

Drumdestroyed

Jun 14, 2015
Denver
Have you guys any luck with a recovery method? And think you for helping I'll do my best with what I have. Also idk if I mentioned it earlier but when I reboot lg symbol appears but (authentication failed #9) appears below it. It was roted via king root and didn't o anything but remove some bloatware. Idk God be with you man cuz this is a bummer

Last edited:

Mooose-Nuckle

Feb 6, 2016
ok i'm not sure how you guys got bricked, but i just got bricked using flahfire to create backup, so don't use that app as of yet, but anyways working on the replacement now, gonna be trying to create a restore img or flashable zip for the cricket stylo.

I'm pretty sure that you ended up with brick because you didn't unlock your bootloader before backing up. My girlfriend did the same thing. As of right now I'm trying to figure out If there's a way past the bootloader or at least a way to do everything the bootloader can do without unlocking it.

Deathtech00

Apr 18, 2016
Original Firmware

Can we not flash the original firmware via download mode ? I had this phone (bought from a friend, cricket sim unlocked, phone bricked while i was playing around. )

I'm not super familiar with LG phones, but i keep hearing about a KDZ , is that some kind of official image format ?
If we can flash it for stock via download mode, can someone direct me as to where I might find instructions for our variant of the device, please ?

Reactions: csctracy1151

tselz92

Apr 27, 2016
Saint Louis
I was able to replace Kingroot with SuperSu using a guide I found on a website called w0lfdroid, I think. I just Google 'replace Kingroot with SuperSu and it was the second one down (I'm a new user so I can't post the link). I think it worked pretty well, but I'm still not able to flash TWRP or start the process to get xposed. If I can't get it, I might unroot and try the process again with this method.

Reactions: jxs714

vegito6

Jul 26, 2014
as anyone with brick try this http://lg-firmware-rom.com/downloads/lg-g-stylo-h634-stock-tot-firmware-v10g/ , they offer files for unbricking, $40 bucks

what do you guys think

works great, after flashing with LG Flash tools tot method just take out battery and wait 5sec, and put it back in and turn on, android logo will show and then it will boot normally, now i'm back to working on the supersu install methods to help people from bricking, wish me luck . also backing up boot img and then trying to use super sume to switch to still will cause boot looping to my knowledge. got 2 phones working on it, thanks to our annonomous LG guys for the unbricking

https://mega.nz/#!95ZSCARR!dWAG0bd5zi3DQUal3gfB4nMH-zmIR0H0kdCXBdWGLQk

password = wang276634161

markos638

Jun 26, 2012
works great, after flashing with LG Flash tools tot method just take out battery and wait 5sec, and put it back in and turn on, android logo will show and then it will boot normally, now i'm back to working on the supersu install methods to help people from bricking, wish me luck . also backing up boot img and then trying to use super sume to switch to still will cause boot looping to my knowledge. got 2 phones working on it, thanks to our annonomous LG guys for the unbricking

password = wang276634161

works just fine!!!! lg stylo is back!!! thanks vegito ,....

jxs714

Jun 9, 2005

password = wang276634161
Great job man. It is people like you who keep the community going. :)

Reactions: markos638

vegito6

Jul 26, 2014
I'm pretty sure that you ended up with brick because you didn't unlock your bootloader before backing up. My girlfriend did the same thing. As of right now I'm trying to figure out If there's a way past the bootloader or at least a way to do everything the bootloader can do without unlocking it.

well not really, because if you go into the developer options there is the oem bootloader unlock you can select, not sure but i've got a cricket and boost version i've been working on it for a while, for some reason the phone doesn't like the way SU gets injected into the phone, and writes things to the wrong areas, i've been playing with some scripts for superuser installers from zip, hopefully i get a hit.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Great job man. It is people like you who keep the community going. :)

thats the life of us programmers and developers thats trying to get better lol, we just share the knowledge passed down lol

JayGrym

Jul 25, 2016
Stillwater
well not really, because if you go into the developer options there is the oem bootloader unlock you can select, not sure but i've got a cricket and boost version i've been working on it for a while, for some reason the phone doesn't like the way SU gets injected into the phone, and writes things to the wrong areas, i've been playing with some scripts for superuser installers from zip, hopefully i get a hit.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

thats the life of us programmers and developers thats trying to get better lol, we just share the knowledge passed down lol

I noticed there is no solution posted. I recently bricked my phone and fixed it, thanks to you. I was simply wondering of there has been progress with getting the framework installed. Your help is much appreciated.

Palxion

Jun 5, 2014
So I'm sort of confused... I cannot install xposed, and can't seem to find a work around. I am rooted but not with kingroot. I used a one click root tool on pc, and works great... Using su that is suggested using in this guide, so no trace of king root. Idk, could someone give me a quick run down on how to install xposed?

iHeaRTShaRK

Aug 6, 2016
So far I am rooted with Super SU and have exposed installer I'm just having a hard time getting the framework installed. I do not have custom recovery installed. Is there any way to flash the framework zip file with like flashify or another app like that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as anyone with brick try this http://lg-firmware-rom.com/downloads/lg-g-stylo-h634-stock-tot-firmware-v10g/ , they offer files for unbricking, $40 bucks

what do you guys think

password = wang276634161
    ok, so there are some things i've found out by doing some research and combining what i found on here with the issues that some people were having with the Cricket version of the LG Stylo, and would like to share with you guys. while i was rooting my phone with kingroot, i noticed a threat that discussed that using supersu me and supersu wasn't an option without soft bricking your phone with a boot loop, after some research and trial i figured out how to get around the problem. The issue was the uninstallation of kinguser app form the phone, this is because using supersu me uninstalls kingroot and replaced it with the superuser binaries, but it leaves some core files of kinguser behind which causes errors, an if you keep your phone on, you'll notice that you'll start getting error messages for an about kingroot permission and all types of errors until your phone starts to freeze and act up. there is an easy fix for it all that worked for me, and would like to share this information and help people having this issue.....

I'm posting this as a hint for those who needed the help with installing xposed on cricket model LG STYLO only running 5.1.1

so to begin, download system repair 2016 and apps2sd from play store, kinguser directly from their site so it will be the latest version,,,root your phone,,,,,don't delete the kinguser apk you downloaded you'll need it for later,,,,now install supersu me from the play store and open and run it, it'll uninstall kinguser and replace the binaries for superuser, this is where its gonna become tricky,,,,,,download supersu and run which will ask for update of binaries also let it finish updating and uninstall the supersu me control,,,,,now open apps2sd and clear the davik cache and other caches without restarting,,,,then run system repair 2016, it'll show that you had a few errors because kinguser hates the fact that supersu me uninstalled it and left messed up configurations on your phone, then clear the davik cache again, now you have to use the same kinguser apk you get at the start of the process and reinstall it to your phone, or else you will be getting a boot loop issue......for some reason even though all the caches are cleared and the system has been checked for errors, the kinguser app installs itself as a system app, a dependency if you will, like a basic LG/Cricket app that if you uninstall will cause errors, so but reinstalling it we stop that problem, you can run it but don't need to activate the root option of kinguser......this will cause the kinguser permission errors to stop also from this point only you can restart your phone,,,,,now you're able to install flashfire and xposed frameworks, and even restart your phone without worry of boot looping since there isn't much support for the LG-H634 stylo model.........:cool::angel::cool::cool::angel::cool:
    hope this was helpful for you guys that was in need of replacing kinguser, and installing xposed framework, i've not tried anything further with the twrp install but keep a look out for the names "vegito6" "vegito69" ....and wish me luck on twrp
    #humbleprogrammer
    got bricked today, anyone any luck with something??

I got bricked, trying to change from kingroot to SU, I´ll really appreciate when you find solution give us instructions on how you did it!!
    Original Firmware

Can we not flash the original firmware via download mode ? I had this phone (bought from a friend, cricket sim unlocked, phone bricked while i was playing around. )

I'm not super familiar with LG phones, but i keep hearing about a KDZ , is that some kind of official image format ?
    If we can flash it for stock via download mode, can someone direct me as to where I might find instructions for our variant of the device, please ?